Eph 4 says that's the purview of the leaders of the Church, not as us silly reformers do and when we disagree go make ANOTHER denomination..... What did Paul say about things that cause factions and dissensions???? (it's not spirit led is a hint...)
Paul never set out to write doctrine, as we know the word to represent today... He explained Christ, he didn't say this is what you are to believe or you can't be here. CAVEAT I'm speaking of his comments about and to those in the Church. Since that's where doctrinal importance lies, within the church. If you don't belong in the church you don't care what their doctrines are, until they are attacking you and burning you at the stake.
He had a perfect opportunity in the letters to the Corinthians, and yet, he left it open to them.
Paul never wrote about the Trinity.
He never wrote about sola scriptura, in fact he says things that disprove sola scriptura.
Those are your "doctrine" type chats that I thought we were discussing, and they are not in the Bible but deduced by man later from the Bible and became debate topics, not something that promotes growth in the faith.
"Notice what you have been writing?...YOUR doctrine."<<<<<< you, appropriately snide.
I haven't touched doctrine. Doctrine would be creating something you are to believe that isn't found in scripture but is deduced from scripture.
What I've been doing is hermeneutics and exegetics on what the Book actually says.
You try to attack the message and messenger, not the interpretation of the Bible. I'm assuming LACKING a refutation to how I explained the scriptural verses that was all you had left. But it's cheap, and I think you are above that.
I may have, but I don't think I did present any "position" I wasn't showing that scripture forced my belief on it. Example, the whole Eph example... I've paraphrased it, referenced, explained it, and showed how I use it to determine the direction of my faith on that topic. your response? "you are writing doctrine. blahhhh blahhhh neeener neeener".
doc·trine
ˈdäktrin/
noun
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]
- 1.
a belief or set of beliefs held and taught by a church, political party, or other group.
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#878787 !important]"the doctrine of predestination"[/COLOR]
exegetics
[COLOR=#878787 !important]
Web definitions[/COLOR]
- Exegesis (from the Greek from 'to lead out') is a critical explanation or interpretation of a text, especially a religious text. ...
When you can attack my exegetics, rather than me as a person, OR attempt to discredit me with your silly "your doctrine" comments, I'm sure we can have an edifying experience for both you, me and also the rest of the lurkers who read our silliness.