Doctrine of Unconditional Election

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
I studied Calvanistic election for many years. I was on the fence,you see. Its an interesting subject,but I still dont think I accept it.However,there is no denying the Apostle Paul was not looking for salvation in Christ when our Lord struck him with blindness.
Unconditional election is a vital Gospel of Grace doctrine, so may God bless you to believe it friend.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Benefits of election in Christ !

Eph 1:3-7

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

The elect are and will be holy and without blame before God in Love, thats a benefit of election. Vs 4

The are and will be blessed with all spiritual blessings Vs 3

Predestination unto adoption of Children by Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of Gods will Vs5

Acceptance in the beloved Vs 6

Redemption and forgiveness of sins through Jesus blood according to the riches of Gods Grace Vs 7

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
John Calvin believed it. I`ll leave it at that.....
Yeah, so did many others, unfortunately that doesnt help you. You should be concerned about if you believe the Gospel of Gods Grace. 2 Cor 13:5

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Jun 2, 2023
Yeah, so did many others, unfortunately that doesnt help you. You should be concerned about if you believe the Gospel of Gods Grace. 2 Cor 13:5

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
how dare I disagree with a doctrine you believe in !

John146

Jan 13, 2016
If one has been elected by God unto salvation, then why examine yourself? There's nothing you can do about it. God either elected you or he didn't. Good luck if he didn't because there is nothing you can do.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
If one has been elected by God unto salvation, then why examine yourself? There's nothing you can do about it. God either elected you or he didn't. Good luck if he didn't because there is nothing you can do.
Why would you question the word of God ? 2 Cor 13:5

5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
Their decision to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
Yes, I heard about this, in fact God Himself looked to see who made such a decision...
2 The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Why would you question the word of God ? 2 Cor 13:5

5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
Not trying to be offensive, but this is a typical Calvinist response. "Don't question it, just do it." Why evangelize? It does not matter. "Don't question it, just do it." Why pray? God's ordained all things. "Don't question it, just do it." Why give to missions? It does not matter. "Don't question it, just do it."

May 10, 2023
there is no denying the Apostle Paul was not looking for salvation in Christ when our Lord struck him with blindness.
And what was Paul’s response? He did not gloat that he was saved but instead worked tirelessly to the point of persecution and death, sharing the Gospel and encouraging everyone to place their faith in Jesus Christ upon hearing the Gospel. Sure doesn’t sound like calvinism garbage to me.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Not trying to be offensive, but this is a typical Calvinist response. "Don't question it, just do it." Why evangelize? It does not matter. "Don't question it, just do it." Why pray? God's ordained all things. "Don't question it, just do it." Why give to missions? It does not matter. "Don't question it, just do it."
I see it as you questioning God and His Wisdom. Scripture teaches election of grace, and scripture gave the imperative to examine one faith.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
And what was Paul’s response? He did not gloat that he was saved but instead worked tirelessly to the point of persecution and death, sharing the Gospel and encouraging everyone to place their faith in Jesus Christ upon hearing the Gospel. Sure doesn’t sound like calvinism garbage to me.
And yet Paul took no credit for his labouring, he understood the Sovereign Grace of God impelling him in his labours 1 Cor 15:10

10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me

In fact he took no credit for being a believer in Christ,

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I'm not Calvinist and I despise having to lead off a post that way.
To answer a few of your questions. In one sense, it should be enough for us that God has said so we ought to do. Such a tendency may well reveal a heart that is tender towards God.
As far as evangelizing, Calvinists generally recognize that salvation involves the propagation of the word of God and the necessity of the gospel as God's means of reaching the lost.
Making one's calling and election sure is also important, regardless of one's beliefs. The Bible records many who fall away or who were dependent on things other than Christ for their salvation. It behooves everyone to make sure their faith is real.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Scripture teaches election of grace
Yes, God has chosen to offer salvation to man through grace, not of works. Man must heart the gospel and believe. Plain and simple. Once a man believes, God knows that man as one of his.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
It behooves everyone to make sure their faith is real.
Through good works, right? Many do good works and think they are saved, but are lost. Good works neither get one saved, nor do they prove that someone is saved.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Through good works, right? Many do good works and think they are saved, but are lost. Good works neither get one saved, nor do they prove that someone is saved.
I never said that. Works might be one aspect, but it is a poor evaluator of salvation in many cases...Matthew 7:21-23.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Yes, God has chosen to offer salvation to man through grace, not of works. Man must heart the gospel and believe. Plain and simple. Once a man believes, God knows that man as one of his.
This is error big time.