Doctrines that Destroy Lives

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Locoponydirtman

It says exactly that. Jesus teaches non violence just as he practiced. Dying in the place of others if necessary. And John says if you do not follow the Sermon, you don't have God.
Did Jesus live the sermon on the mail

L

Locoponydirtman

Yes, and expects believers to do the same. It will separate the men from the boys.
he took a whip into the temple and threw over the tables and drove people out with a whip that sounds like violence to me. So what you are saying to me is that Jesus sinned.

L

Locoponydirtman

He didn't go in there and ask nicely and then folded tables up and set them off to the side. Hey used violent Force to drive them out and he threw the money tables over. He correctly used violence to correct.
According to you this action would make him a sinner, so you have clearly misinterpreted The sermon on the Mount. You don't get to have it both ways. Either Jesus sinned or you have misinterpreted The sermon on the Mount. I'm going to go with you misinterpreted The sermon on the Mount.

E

eternally-gratefull

They are not biblical Israel. They are a State just as America or any State is.
True
but biblical Israel will repent and will have a place in the world again

Jan 17, 2020
He didn't go in there and ask nicely and then folded tables up and set them off to the side. Hey used violent Force to drive them out and he threw the money tables over. He correctly used violence to correct.
According to you this action would make him a sinner, so you have clearly misinterpreted The sermon on the Mount. You don't get to have it both ways. Either Jesus sinned or you have misinterpreted The sermon on the Mount. I'm going to go with you misinterpreted The sermon on the Mount.
As I said, he was fulfilling scripture and no evidence saying he beat anyone which contradicts his teaching entirely. Are you adding to scripture?

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Originally the Jews becoming part of the Palestinians. But since the are now the main occupiers, the Palestinians should accimate with them in the occupied territory.
Yes, I've had a similar thought.

On a side note, if Jewish people back in the 1940s hadn't used violence to pressure Britain into granting them a state, there probably would not be a Jewish state today.

One option for Palestinians today would be to convert to Christianity or Judaism and pursue things like citizenship and voting and other peaceful means of change.

It probably wouldn't be long before they could turn Israel into an Arab state.

That would be a real twist, wouldn't it?

E

eternally-gratefull

Abraham saw Canaan as a symbol for Heaven. Jesus is God and the land belongs to him, but it also means the world belongs to him where the Church (Israel) resides. The Land of Israel (Jesus) is Heaven and the whole world.
Abraham saw the land as land. He even purchased land so he and his wife could be buried where his descendents would live.

L

Locoponydirtman

As I said, he was fulfilling scripture and no evidence saying he beat anyone which contradicts his teaching entirely. Are you adding to scripture?
No you are.
You are a blasphemer and calling Jesus a sinner.
because he threw over the money changers tables and use the whip and it is in Scripture that he use the whip to drive them out.
I use context and reading comprehension to understand what's going on in Scripture.

Jan 17, 2020
No you are.
You are a blasphemer and calling Jesus a sinner.
because he threw over the money changers and use the whip and it is in Scripture that he use the whip. I use context and reading comprehension to understand what's going on in Scripture.
You don't have the details. You assume he did that to people too, but nothing says he did.

L

Locoponydirtman

You don't have the details. You assume he did that to people too, but nothing says he did.
And He found in the temple those who were selling oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers seated at their tables. And He made a scourge of cords, and drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen; and He poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables;
John 2:14‭-‬15 NASB

Jan 17, 2020
And He found in the temple those who were selling oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers seated at their tables. And He made a scourge of cords, and drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen; and He poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables;
John 2:14‭-‬15 NASB
Have you ever shooed a dog with a broom not hitting it?

L

Locoponydirtman

Have you ever shooed a dog with a broom not hitting it?
Have you ever shooed lots of people away from their money ? Large sums of it.

Jan 17, 2020
Have you ever shooed people away from their money ?
If Jesus used violence against them, they would have ganged up on him if they are like people today. He shooed them with their money.

L

Locoponydirtman

Their is not a lot of words to bandy there hoss. Either you are a blasphemer calling Jesus a sinner or you misinterpreted The sermon on the Mount. You pick.

L

Locoponydirtman

If Jesus used violence against them, they would have ganged up on him if they are like people today. He shooed them with their money.
Read the text again he dumped their money out and turned over the tables. People don't gang up on some one cracking a whip . That's how ya get hurt. And the word there is drove out them and their animals.
Pour their money out and turned the tables over .