Doctrines that Destroy Lives

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Originally the Jews becoming part of the Palestinians. But since the are now the main occupiers, the Palestinians should accimate with them in the occupied territory.
What "occupied territory"? You are using the language of extremists.
Arabs hold most of the land in the region. No nation of "Palestine" has ever existed. The people there have no history, language, currency, cuisine, art or any other aspect of culture that differs from the other Arabs of the region. "Palestinians" if you insist on using the language of terrorists, already have a state. It's called Jordan and it's far bigger that Israel. "Palestine" is a regional designation only. Not a nation.

Left: Flag of Jordan. Right: Proposed "Palestinian flag"

L

Locoponydirtman

There is this book it's in the Bible it's called Ecclesiastes I recommend a read of it.

Jan 17, 2020
Read the text again he dumped their money out and turned over the tables. People don't gang up on some one cracking a whip . That's how ya get hurt. And the word there is drove out them and their animals.
Pour their money out and turned the tables over .
So you wouldn't defend yourself if someone you thought was crazy was tearing up your stuff? That's good. You are better than most.

Jan 17, 2020
Their is not a lot of words to bandy there hoss. Either you are a blasphemer calling Jesus a sinner or you misinterpreted The sermon on the Mount. You pick.
Let's put this back on you. Jesus is God and cannot sin. But he tells you to love enemies and never to use violence against violence.

L

Locoponydirtman

Let's put this back on you. Jesus is God and cannot sin. But he tells you to love enemies and never to use violence against violence.
Jesus came here as not only God but as Man as well, and to violate his own words would be a sin on his part, and then he wouldn't be who he claimed to be. That's why I say you are a blasphemer, because your interpretation of Jesus words contradict his actions and that would make him not who he said he was, that being God, and the Messiah.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Sadly, the people often referred to as Palestinians are being used as pawns, I think.

A wealthy country like Saudi Arabia could probably relocate them all to within its borders or somewhere similar, and set them up quite nicely.

But then they couldn't be used as a kind of thorn in the side of Israel anymore.

And the Arab Street would probably see it as legitimizing Israel.

Jan 17, 2020
Jesus came here as not only God but as Man as well, and to violate his own words would be a sin on his part, and then he wouldn't be who he claimed to be. That's why I say you are a blasphemer, because your interpretation of Jesus words contradict his actions and that would make him not who he said he was, that being God, and the Messiah.
You are not inline with the bible nor the historic creeds in your description of Christ.

L

Locoponydirtman

If someone comes in driving men and animals out with a whip causing a stampede of humans and sheep and oxen, I'm getting to safer ground away from the path of this cacophony.

Jan 17, 2020
If someone comes in driving men and animals out with a whip causing a stampede of humans and sheep and oxen, I'm getting to safer ground away from the path of this cacophony.
You are exaggerating the situation. How many cows can you stack in a temple?

L

Locoponydirtman

You are exaggerating the situation. How many cows can you stack in a temple?
You can get 20 in a stock trailer pulled by a pickup truck. 40 in an 18 wheeler stock truck.
How many mixed with sheep and goats running out of the temple would it take to be dangerous? 1.
I'm pretty familiar with cattle.

Jan 17, 2020
You can get 20 in a stock trailer pulled by a pickup truck. 40 in an 18 wheeler stock truck.
How many mixed with sheep and goats running out of the temple would it take to be dangerous? 1.
I'm pretty familiar with cattle.
2:13–22 The first major confrontation with the Jewish leaders in John’s Gospel takes place on the occasion of Jesus’ clearing of the Jerusalem temple at the Jewish Passover. (The Synoptic Gospels record a second, later temple clearing, just prior to the crucifixion; see Mark 11:15–19 par.) By clearing the temple, Jesus displays prophetic zeal for God’s house (John 2:17; cf. Ps. 69:9) and foreshadows judgment on the Jewish leaders who had allowed worship to deteriorate into commerce, rendering prayer difficult in the temple (see note on John 2:14).

Crossway Bibles. (2008). The ESV Study Bible (p. 2023). Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles.

7seasrekeyed

If Jesus used violence against them, they would have ganged up on him if they are like people today. He shooed them with their money.

no no

they were pacifists like you

must be where you got your example from :cool:

actually, they were afraid of Jesus. and there were no stones handy to ask fall upon them other than the temple but it wasn't time for it to be destroyed yet

oyster67

May 24, 2014
It is a sad day on CC when people paint Jesus of Nazareth as a violent man. God have mercy on us.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
You don't think you will be physically ruling Israel to the exclusion of The Lord's sworn promises concerning it do you ?
The Lord's sworn promises are to you and I and the Born Again Jew too.

L

Locoponydirtman

It is a sad day on CC when people paint Jesus of Nazareth as a violent man. God have mercy on us.
Nobody is trying to paint Jesus as a violent man.
There is a difference between using necessary violence to accomplish the service of righteousness, and being a violent person.

L

Locoponydirtman

no no

they were pacifists like you

must be where you got your example from :cool:

actually, they were afraid of Jesus. and there were no stones handy to ask fall upon them other than the temple but it wasn't time for it to be destroyed yet
Do you know what I abhor about a pacifist? Their hypocrisy. They will call in the police which are just other humans to commit what they themselves consider a sin. There by imposing their own sin on someone else. According to their philosophy they jeopardize someone else's soul sacrificing them for themselves.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
The Lord's sworn promises are to you and I and the Born Again Jew too.
His promises to born again believers would be worthless if he broke the oaths he swore by his own holy name about Israel.

These are very detailed and specific promises that cannot simply be transferred to gentile born again believers.
If you would take the time to read Ezekiel chapters 36-39 and the book of Joel you will see replacement theology debunked and utterly demolished by the mouth of The Lord.

Ezekiel 37:22
I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. There will be one king over all of them and they will never again be two nations or be divided into two kingdoms.

Ezekiel: 37:25
They will live in the land I gave to my servant Jacob, the land where your ancestors lived. They and their children and their children’s children will live there for ever, and David my servant will be their prince for ever.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Nobody is trying to paint Jesus as a violent man.
There is a difference between using necessary violence to accomplish the service of righteousness, and being a violent person.
A time for civil law and a time for war. I think it's a matter of balance.

Ecclesiastes 3 covers it

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,