Does anyone feel more and more like they don't belong here?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 16, 2020
Central Florida, USA
You know that's interesting because I came across a blog by a man who said that the Torah is important because of Christ's Words: "Think not that I came to abolish the law but to fulfill it." So I appreciate you sharing that. I always try to tuck away little bits of wisdom I pick up from others. I'm in a shifting time in my walk with God. I had such an overwhelming sense of Him yesterday and then I recalled the verse: "...and you hath he quickened..." it's like a 'quickening' in the spirit. Something within reaches out to God. I immediately had a longing to read the Bible and had an overwhelming sense of being in the presence of holiness. I only get these foretastes but it's really beautiful.

Religious jungle is a good way of putting it. I don't know why God allowed my husband and I to wander in the wilderness - we hit a number of those land mines. But God must have a reason for it. Through many mistakes I now know a good teacher when I hear it and am sickened by the false. I still have more to learn.

Thanks for hollering from the choir loft:)
As we walk through the world we encounter difficulties. Jesus said it's inevitable we get into trouble, "man is born to trouble as the sparks fly upward." - Job 5:7

I'm not altogether sure that either God or the devil sends these things our way. We have a great propensity to get into trouble all by ourselves. My two year old granddaughter is a good example. Strange how we can be reminded of things by the young.

The post-protestant church has abandoned the LAW and all its benefits and good teaching. Instead it has embraced all manner of debauchery. But the LAW works together with GRACE unto salvation. No one can be saved apart from the LAW.

I think of this pairing like a bathroom mirror and sink.

One cannot know one's face is dirty unless one looks into a mirror. The LAW of Moses is like God's mirror of sin, for we would not know our own sin unless we look into God's LAW. But the bathroom mirror cannot clean our dirty faces. We need soap and water. Likewise GRACE provides that cleanliness we need to be approved by God. Once clean we try to move through the world and keep clean. We walk according to the LAW with the help of GRACE, neither of which we can concoct on our own. We are wholly dependent upon God to provide what we need to be justified in His kingdom.

The Jewish festival of Shavout is a celebration of God's giving the LAW to Moses. In the book of Acts, God gives the Holy Spirit to the disciples of Jesus as a sign of GRACE given unto them. It is no coincidence that BOTH Pentecost & Shavout fall on the same calendar day.

LAW and GRACE work together unto righteousness for those who are blessed in knowing God. The LAW is NOT abolished as many say. It is fulfilled in Christ Jesus. Until and unless one knows and understands the LAW fully, one cannot begin to comprehend and stand in awe of what God has done for us in the LAW provided by GRACE.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Aug 16, 2020
Central Florida, USA
Anyone who really determines to find the truth and then to share it with others will go through the accusations of "tin-foil-hat" etc. "Indeed all who would live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution..." Especially if you're the first among your circle to see something or exercise discernment.

I'm not pro Biden but I don't believe that Trump is who he pretends to be. If you really check him out in depth you'll find his associations with all the same people crashing America. He was put in place to placate the Christians while continually moving America into the North American Union. He continued all the things his predecessors did: engaged in foreign wars, spent like a drunken sailor, and filled his cabinet with all CFR. Jared is CFR.

I think that this world is becoming uninhabitable for Christians - those truly trying to live by truth. We have to really insulate ourselves in whatever ways we can.

I'm unsure of the Rapture theory but I'm suspicious of it. I'm studying Revelations and seeing what God shows me.
If you REALLY want to educate yourself on the origins of rapture dogma, google "Jesuit Futurism".

The RCC began a war against protestantism using several methods; outright persecution, threat of excommunication, and false doctrine. The doctrine of the rapture, tribulation, etc. are all derived from the original doctrine of Futurism. Look it up.

The modern variant of futurism was revived by John Nelson Darby in the mid-1800's and was accepted by evangelist D.L. Moody and Bible publisher Cyrus Scofield. Scofield deliberately altered Biblical interpretation by adding chain references to support rapture theory in his published Bibles - where it survives to this day. Churches today have so absorbed Catholic ideology that they no longer adhere to anything taught by the fathers of the Protestant Reformation. Nothing of what Protestantism stood for or taught remains today. Now, the churches calling themselves protestant actually march in lock-step with the Vatican. This is why the term "post-protestant church" is used in tomes discussing the state of the church today.

Finally I need to add to the reader that investigating these matters will not destroy one's faith. Quite the contrary. Those who hold rapture dogma close are like those who once believed they'd fall off the earth if they sailed too far from sight of land. Those who trust in faith will venture out beyond comfortable shores and discover new things created by the hand of God.

It is unfortunate that so many refuse to accept that which God has provided and choose instead to hold on to fantasy that will not save.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Wisest in all the earth, and still, Solomon failed miserably. Perhaps there is a lesson to be learned in that :geek:
Sadly, despite being the wisest man he ended up doing the most foolish things.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
I have such a hard time watching any news since it's all lies. And more and more I feel like the world has grown wicked. The church is so messed up and the 501c churches are now a part of the world.

Does anyone feel like they don't belong here?
Your not alone my friend... Stay strong and have faith that our reward will be not in this world but the next

Aug 16, 2020
Central Florida, USA
Sadly, despite being the wisest man he ended up doing the most foolish things.
What things? I'm curious as to your list of stupid things Solomon may have committed.

In what ways other than politics was Solomon wise? None that I'm aware of ...... other than his accomplishments with writing poetry and possessing a limited grasp of philosophy. If his writings are any indication, he knew little of religion.

Solomon was an exceptionally astute politician.

He knew how to get people to do what he wanted, but nearly everyone hated him for it. Solomon was NOT wise regarding human kindness. He WAS wise regarding manipulation of the people. The two are mutually exclusive qualities.

Most Hebrews were glad when he died. Nobody wants a leader who is a political genius. We all prefer our leaders a little mad.

Solomon's idiot son Rehoboam was far worse than his father. He was a political moron.

Then again, it wouldn't be the first time nor the last that God used a political hack to judge a nation.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
What things? I'm curious as to your list of stupid things Solomon may have committed.

In what ways other than politics was Solomon wise? None that I'm aware of ...... other than his accomplishments with writing poetry and possessing a limited grasp of philosophy. If his writings are any indication, he knew little of religion.

Solomon was an exceptionally astute politician.

He knew how to get people to do what he wanted, but nearly everyone hated him for it. Solomon was NOT wise regarding human kindness. He WAS wise regarding manipulation of the people. The two are mutually exclusive qualities.

Most Hebrews were glad when he died. Nobody wants a leader who is a political genius. We all prefer our leaders a little mad.

Solomon's idiot son Rehoboam was far worse than his father. He was a political moron.

The foolish (stupid) things Solomon did was having hundreds of wives and concubines who led him to worship other gods and not the one true God. It was his immoral behavior that led to his alienation from God. I agree with your estimation about his other atrocious behavior and actions. The way that he treated his subjects was deplorable.

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020
I have such a hard time watching any news since it's all lies. And more and more I feel like the world has grown wicked. The church is so messed up and the 501c churches are now a part of the world.

Does anyone feel like they don't belong here?
I do feel as if the world has grown more insane...

To cheer having the right to kill your babies as the Irish and now the Argentinians are doing seems insane to me.

Telling people that you are a woman when you are a man or vice versa seems insane to me.

To try to get people to think that there are more than 2 genders seems insane to me.

To allow people to riot and loot but you can’t go to church or visit family seems insane to me.

To want war for financial gain seems insane to me.

To want to rule the world with an evil bent on a dictatorship seems insane to me. To look in the US and see governors and mayors drunk on power..seems insane to me.

To tell people they can go into a restaurant wearing a mask only to be able to take it down when you sit down seems insane to me.

To sit side by side wearing masks in an airplane but be able to take them off to eat seems insane to me.

To say marriage isn’t just between a man and woman seems insane to me.

To say that a woman is carrying a fetus and that’s ok to abort rather than the truth that a woman is carrying a baby and murder is wrong seems insane to me.

To say evil is good and good is evil seems insane to me.

HillsboroMom

Jan 3, 2021
God could just reach down and set everything right. He has the power. But that's not the universe he created. He created a universe in which we have free will.

In order for us to have free will, he had to tie his hands behind his back. No, he had to sever his hands off.

He severed off his hands, and then sent them off into the world, to do his work. We are his hands. We are his mouth, his feet, his arms for holding the sick and needy, his ears for listening to cries of his children.

When Jesus told us that whenever we do something "to the least of these," we do it to him, that's kinda what he meant. We serve God by serving others. We love God by loving others. We become God to those others, doing His will unto the last and the least.