Does anyone have any spicy/flavorful recipes?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

selenah2

Jun 19, 2019
I am looking to get a more varied and healthy diet. I drink a lot on weekends and eat unhealthy. I definitely feel it's toll on my body. Hoping start a healthier lifestyle. Do you guys have any recipes with fresh foods that are spicy/tasty? I have found I like Spanish and greek recipes, but any recipes you guys have?

VineyardsOfEngedi

Nov 26, 2019
Stuffed Jalapenos

12 Jalapenos escabeche*
3 oz lowfat cream cheese
1/2 cup finely shredded lowfat sharp Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped

Carefully cut each jalapeno in half. Under running water, rinse out seeds and remove stems and veins. Set on tray.

In a small bowl, mix cheeses and onions.

Use a small spoon to stuff each jalapeno half with cheese mixture. Serve cold, or warm in a 350 degree oven until cheeses have slightly melted.

Serves 12

Nutrient Analysis: 1 Serving
55 Calories, 2 g Fat, 1 g Fiber, 63 mg Sodium, 1 g Sat Fat, 5 mg Cholesterol

Diabetic Exchange: 1/4 VEGETABLE, 1/2 FAT

*Whole, canned jalapenos will also work.

Jillintx

Apr 15, 2021
Green Pulled Chicken

Buy verde (tomatillo) salsa. Whole Foods carries Frontera which is good. Keep in pantry. For a quick meal throw boneless skinless chicken breasts into crock pot and pour over the salsa. Cook 6 hours on low. Break up the chicken (like they do with pulled pork.) Good with rice or as a filling for enchiladas.

If you're eating the salsa rather than cooking with it best to make it fresh. Unwrap, rinse and half tomatillas. Put into boiling water for about 4 min. Then add to blender with a little of the hot water, and cilantro, lime or lemon juice, and garlic or onion, and salt to taste. Blend till smooth and serve with chips or use as enchilada sauce.

Mar 5, 2021
Breaded mushrooms are one of my daughter’s favourites! Hope you like too :)

One or two portobello mushrooms per person. Top them with soft cheese/goat’s cheese and bread crumbs and pop them in the oven till warm! Quick and easy lunch or appetiser! Can serve it with peppers or tomatoes on too and maybe some garlic.

Hope this helps! :)

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
I am looking to get a more varied and healthy diet. I drink a lot on weekends and eat unhealthy. I definitely feel it's toll on my body. Hoping start a healthier lifestyle. Do you guys have any recipes with fresh foods that are spicy/tasty? I have found I like Spanish and greek recipes, but any recipes you guys have?

Ill share a recipe and some basic fairly healthy ideas that I enjoy

Chorizo breakfast burrito - (probably not the most healthy in the world but you could easily add things to get some extra nutrition)

brown off and cook ground chorizo in a pan, save the oils and set cooked ground chorizo aside

dice potatos in small cubes and fry them in the oil, occasionally add small amounts of water after the diced potatos have gained a reddish color from the chorizo oils and cover for a steaming effect as they absorb the water and oil

remove tender spicey diced potatos and set aside

scramble some eggs in the pan adding butter , salt and pepper to your liking then as they finish add the chorizo and potatos to reheat

brown up some flour tortillas , add cheese or peppers or veggies to your liking and tastes and the breakfast filling

_________

search a basic chili recipe and perfect it, i can give my favorite but its fairly basic compared to what most people seem to enjoy but its pretty much just spices, meat and veggies

and you can even make some pretty delicious veggie chilis (you can also google south western chicken tortilla soup)

______

taco salad is always an easy and healthy meal that you can customize to your tastes

also easy enough to just google the basic elements and perfect yourself

_______

blackened salmon is a good choice for people who like spicey fish and its pretty much just putting some cajun on the outside and cooking it in a pan

you can kinda adhere it with oil and maybe add some salt and onion powder or garlic powder to the cajun mixture to fit your tastes

goes well with salad
________

lastly it may not be spicey, but if you get a pressure cooker you can easily make home cooked roasts with healthy veggies as sides without much work

Mar 25, 2020
I'll give you the only spicy recipe I know. I fix myself a breakfast like that.

Take an egg and add half teaspoon of salt mixed with half teaspoon of chili powder.

Beat the egg nicely with the salt and chili powder.

Take two slices of bread and dip them in the egg and put it in the frying pan.

In between the two slices of bread or at least on one slice, put a slice of cheese.

Toast the bread as you see fit with the cheese in between.

Once done, you get an egg and cheese toast.

If you add some bacon or sausages, that's a plus.

Voila. Breakfast is served.

Note: you can adjust the salt and chili powder as much or as little as you want.

Experiment with it. Hope you have fun :)

I know it's amateur stuff. But hey, you asked.

T

TheIndianGirl

Make a sambal (a paste containing tomatoes, red/Thai chilli pepper, ginger, garlic, shallots (not onions, too smelly if kept in the fridge too long), and maybe some lime juice, etc.). You can store this in the fridge for a couple of weeks and use in any cooking/dishes.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
If I had the money I'd open a franchise.
Authentic Cincinnati Chili Recipe

Sep 8, 2021
I'll give you the only spicy recipe I know. I fix myself a breakfast like that.

Take an egg and add half teaspoon of salt mixed with half teaspoon of chili powder.

Beat the egg nicely with the salt and chili powder.

Take two slices of bread and dip them in the egg and put it in the frying pan.

In between the two slices of bread or at least on one slice, put a slice of cheese.

Toast the bread as you see fit with the cheese in between.

Once done, you get an egg and cheese toast.

If you add some bacon or sausages, that's a plus.

Voila. Breakfast is served.

Note: you can adjust the salt and chili powder as much or as little as you want.

Experiment with it. Hope you have fun :)

I know it's amateur stuff. But hey, you asked.
That sounds good

Lizzy

Jan 18, 2018
Lettuce wraps are easy, quick and delicious. I buy chicken tenders (quick and easy, not expensive), bottle of Sweet Chili sauce, butter or red leaf lettuce, fresh bean sprouts and I grate carrot. Saute some sweet onions in evoo, add bite size pieces of chicken, saute. Add spices. I add s&p, everyday seasoning from Trader Joes and cook till done. On the plate place some bean sprouts, grated carrot, ckn and leafs of lettuce. Using the lettuce, fill like a taco. Make it spicy and dash on some Sweet Chili Sauce. Yuummmmyyy

Cabrillo

Sep 6, 2021
Try chilaquilies. It's basicly home made tortilla chips, Eggs, cheese, avocados & beans (refried preferably) and which ever type of salsa you like.