Does anyone have natural remedies for......

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Godsgirl83

keeping carpenter ants from invading inside the home?
I have found some natural tricks online, but am wondering if anyone here has ever used anything
A) what they did
B) how were the results?

Thanks

G

Godsgirl83

thanks, I'll look into these.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
dynamite_p3045250.jpg

IF it don't get rid of 'em, it'll surely give 'em a bad headache

G

Godsgirl83

Look at the second one, the Silky Anteater, looks about kitty size, kitty with a long nose, it might make a great pet.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anteater
hmmmm :unsure: an anteater would probably do the trick nicely.....
to bad we can't keep them as pets here.....
that and, well, don't want them eating ALL the bugs that other critters around here rely on for food........

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
have the dr. declare it a
"Support Anteater" ?

G

Godsgirl83

have the dr. declare it a
"Support Anteater" ?
nope......
can't let another creature come eat up all the other bugs the wildlife around here relies on.......
we've got frogs & toads.......
bats......
just can't do that to them.......

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I'm thinking they are pretty stuck on ants, what with that long schnauze. Keep it in mind, just in case you need a plan "B". I have been told ants either go for grease or sugar, mixing Boric acid with whichever they like and you can clear them out.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
It became a case of me or them. I finally called an exterminator. All my pets and children are fine, and my house is ant, roach and mouse free and still standing. Most exterminators today use targeted treatments that are harmless to your household.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Anteaters dig the ants our of the wall.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
My exterminator placed a small bait tray in the paths of the ants. Three days later no ants.

Feb 28, 2016
definitely YES:
100% pure oils of this mixture' in a quart or normal spray bottle:
a bit or drops of;
Frankincense -
2 oz. of alcohol,
2 of vinegar
DROPS in the bottle of;
T-tree oil,
Peppermint oil,
oregano oil,=
dead or dying pests!!!
:):)

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I have frankincense tears, does it dissolve in alcohol?

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
You're probably not going to find an organic way to target carpenter ants. You can spread diatomaceous powder around the house. Insects eat it and they dry up and die. It takes a while. Carpenter ants actually don't eat wood, they burrow in it. So they remove wood and make little trails. They eat aphids and insects - including termite larvae! But they can cause damage after a long time.

They like soft wood. Wood that's wet or stays damp. If you have a whole lot of them, you might also have other issues like termites or leaking or rotting wood some where. They do usually congregate together. You've probably seen this when you lift a board and thousands of them will pour out. You can kill those on site just to target them with any kind of inspect killer. But, like I said, I don't know of any organic repellant that only attacks carpenter ants and not other insects or animals.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I am told Diatomaceous earth also works on the exoskeleton on the ant, doing them in that way as well.