Does anyone know of any good Christian bands that play this kind of music?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 4, 2009
Apprently, listening to secular music is the reason for my anxiety. I don't totally believe it, but I'm still trying to figure what God is saying to me about this untill then this this is type of music I like right now and I'm looking for a Christian versions of these types of music:

Metalcore
Symphonic metal
Gothic metal
Power metal
Meldoic death metal
Alternative metal
Nu metal
Industrial metal
Groove metal
Progressive metal
Trash metal

W

wwjd_kilden

yeah :p guess all the good names were taken :p

May 4, 2009
W

wwjd_kilden

sorry, not much of that I'm listening to, so I don't think I can help

May 4, 2009
Sadly, i'm not surpised. Somehow I've always been able to avoid what most people like.

W

wwjd_kilden

hmm... I do listen to all that remains... *thinks hard* it's just I'm not good at comparing bands/ music

Haste the day and August Burns Red!
Destroy the Runner
Demon hunter
the Devil Wears Prada
Inhale Exhale

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2010
Wow. Haven't heard of any of those. And I thought I listened to a lot of music. Maybe just not the same stuff. I can recommend a decent site that might help you find what you're looking for though: www.last.fm In the upper right text field do a search for the artist/band whose work you want to find music that sounds similar to. Select the artist/band. Then on the mid-left of the artist/band's page click on 'Similar Artists.' It'll bring up secular and Christian bands, but it's a start.

R

r4in1990

not sure but maybe you will like

oh, sleeper
as i lay dying

all i can think of right now, sorry.

G

goth4god

not sure if all this is exactly what you are looking for, but it is what I listen to and like, hopefully you will like some =]

I consider Killswtich to be Christian.
Becoming the Archetype
The asedicate
August Burns Red
Chasing Victory
A Current Affair
Dead Poetic
Destroy the Runner
Emery
Extol
Haste the Day
Children 18:3
Inhale, Exhale
A Plea For Purging
Project 86
Secret and Whisper
Showbread
The Showdown
Staple
Underoath
we as human
the wedding

May 4, 2009
Just making sure, you guys can't see my facebook profile from these pics right?

Sorry, with my increased anxiety lately I've become sorta paranoid about people find out more about me than I want them to know.

G

goth4god

Just making sure, you guys can't see my facebook profile from these pics right?

Sorry, with my increased anxiety lately I've become sorta paranoid about people find out more about me than I want them to know.
nope, I can only see the search results.

Nov 12, 2009
Apprently, listening to secular music is the reason for my anxiety. I don't totally believe it, but I'm still trying to figure what God is saying to me about this untill then this this is type of music I like right now and I'm looking for a Christian versions of these types of music:

Metalcore
Symphonic metal
Gothic metal
Power metal
Meldoic death metal
Alternative metal
Nu metal
Industrial metal
Groove metal
Progressive metal
Trash metal
When you listen to this music, it creates an anxiety in you...I used to listen to it.... It's a wonder why you struggle with depression...
I know what you're going through, to the fine point. I now choose to listen to christian music from the local station. More uplifting.

G

GodsTwilightPrincess

Metalcore
Symphonic metal
Gothic metal
Power metal
Meldoic death metal
Alternative metal
Nu metal
Industrial metal
Groove metal
Progressive metal
Trash metal
I know of a few. Demon Hunter is an awesome christian band I would suggest to anyone. Abandon Ummmm...I don't know about Opeth. That's somewhat secular. I luv death metal and heavy metal, but mostly the lesser evil music. FF5 is techno?
I'm not good at this sorta thing, but I hope it helps.

P

PRAIASEmyGOD

A Road Less Traveled, not quite metal but a great rock band! heres there myspace... scroll down to check out the playlist.. although rock i really think you will enjoy it!

http://www.myspace.com/aroadlesstraveled

another one would be Demon Hunter, my friend a huge metal fan, is obsessed with them
and this is hardcore christian metal btw

http://www.myspace.com/demonhunter

H

HannahMarie

Check out Emery. Their lyrics are Rad.

Jan 24, 2012

Metalcore
Symphonic metal
Gothic metal
Power metal
Meldoic death metal
Alternative metal
Nu metal
Industrial metal
Groove metal
Progressive metal
Trash metal

As someone with anxiety disorder I can tell you that (very unfortunately) it isn't the fact that the music you listen to is secular. It's the actual feelings invoked from the instrumental aspects of the music. It pumps you up too much. I deal with the same problem. If you listen to someone screaming "JESUS LOVES YOU!!!" over a hatebreed instrumental your anxiety is still going to go through the roof simply because the music itself pumps you up too much. Not just the words.

That being said, you only get 2 options of Christian music outside of Christian pop. Christian burp metal (which I can't stand any kind of burp metal) and hard rock Christian bands that recycle every Breaking Benjamin vocal technique, chord pattern, and song structure ever used.

Unfortunate but true. I await the day when Christian versions of bands like Awolnation and MGMT emerge