Does anyone read in bed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter butterfly712
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

butterfly712

Guest
Does anyone read in bed?I try to read at least one chapter before I go to bed.
 
Yes, I do and I have for a very long time. It's probably not a great practice though, because I read for far too long and then I struggle to get to sleep.
 
Yes butterfly I do, I have a bible app on my iphone and its my favorite time to read because everything in the house is SO quiet :) But it does the opposite to me Tintin, it usually makes me fall asleep after about 30 mins. GBU
 
Yes, I do and I have for a very long time. It's probably not a great practice though, because I read for far too long and then I struggle to get to sleep.
Reading in bed is lovely. I do everynight...after I push aside the microwave oven and the Space Shuttle that occupies the other side. Lol...kidding you. But yes reading in bed is nice lol
 
I wasn't just talking about reading the Bible, but anything - non-fiction, fiction.
 
I only read fiction at night - it puts me to sleep after just a few chapters. And I must read something or I have trouble falling to sleep. Its like it stops me from thinking about the day.

The bible would only get me stimulated, and one thought leads into another into another.....
 
I read in bed, in the sofa, on the floor, sometimes in the kitchen
If I had a waterproof book I'd read in the shower :p
 
Yes.
It's the only way l can zone out.


That's not a very interesting response, is it?
Sometimes, ya gotta keep it simple.
 
I've been reading in bed since I was a child. I now have a sitting area attached to my master bedroom, and I do my Bible study, Greek and Hebrew reading, theology, etc there. Then I can walk away and leave the deep thoughts behind.

I do read some fiction, just a chapter or two a night. It does relax me and helps me get drowsy. But it is hard to find new books and series that are in my areas of interest - Sci Fi and Fantasy that I can read.

Anyone who knows of any good series, preferably written at least a high school level or more, please let me know.
 
I sometimes eat in bed cornchips ,cake BUT SHHH! I DIDNT SAY THAT- kinda...
 
Its a bad habit I know - Im trying to get out of it I will though especially now since I've told you's hahah
 
Insomniac here, so I have been given a whole list of dos and don'ts in bed. Honestly? Some of the stuff I never did in the first place, but now it just feels bad to do it.

Reading is one of them. So I read in my less-than-comfy chair (my comfy chair will be fixed the middle of next month. Can't wait! lol) before going to bed... or I write instead. I'm on the final stages of finishing a novel to try to get published. I can't wait to see it in print, so I can't fix it more, but can honestly enjoy the story. lol
 
I read in bed - I read the names of the planets on my glow-in-the-dark solar-system stickers on my ceiling!!!

Don't judge me! They are educational and they provide enough light for me to see if any monsters are moving around in my room at night!!!
 
I sometimes read in bed, but lately I have been so busy that it hasn't been on my mind at all. I do have a stack of books I am hoping to tackle starting after finals are over in a week and a half. But yes most of my reading is textbooks about accounting. One time I was working on a project for my Payroll class and I would work on it two days straight and when I would go to sleep I saw nothing but lines on spreadsheet and even had dreams of a blank one.
 
Ugh. My bedside table has around 60 books stacked on it. So much fiction and non-fiction to read, so little time!
 
Salut !!!
Oui je lis avant de me coucher!
Ça me permet de m'aider à prendre du temps
pour Dieu et ensuite de grandir spirituellement!
Surtout quand j'ai un peu de peine et bien,
je lis et là, je deviens de plus en plus consciente.
Je lis souvent des versets que je connais déjà!
Je lis aussi quand je prend mon bain car
je trouves que c'est un autre bon temps!

Hello !!!
Yes I read in my bed before going asleep!
At the same time, it helping me to take more time
with God and to be spiritually there to Him.
When I'm a little crying or discouraging,
I take my Bible and I realize that it's normal
to feel sad or mad.
I read often verses that I already know.
I read too when I'm taking my shower
'cause I think it's another opportunity!

 
I stopped reading fiction about 1985 in order to immerse myself fully in non-fiction. :)

Ugh. My bedside table has around 60 books stacked on it. So much fiction and non-fiction to read, so little time!
 
I stopped reading fiction about 1985 in order to immerse myself fully in non-fiction. :)

Hmm... I used to be big on fiction and then read a little non-fiction. Now I read lots of non-fiction and not much fiction. Still, I have so much fiction to read, and I really do love it. But there are just too many good books!