Does anyone understand

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 29, 2012
My reason for starting the thread was to spark some interest in praise and where it can take us in GOD.
The actual practice of praise is another subject.

Jan 12, 2019
David has not been resurrected, therefore he has not ascended as Christ did. But David and all the OT saints were TAKEN UP to Heaven from "the lower parts of the earth" (Hades) by Christ after His resurrection, when Christ "led captivity captive". Big Difference.
So you are saying David was taken up to heaven, but he has not been resurrected/ascended to heaven?

Are you contradicting yourself?

B

Blackpowderduelist

Revelation 22:16-17
I accepted my invitation... finally!

Apparently, some did not, believing they had no choice in the matter :oops:

Do they believe salvation was forced upon them against their will???
Wait... What? .... You're not a Calvinist...?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Hebrews 12:22-24? Just how important it is?
Hebrews
12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than [that of] Abel.

This is the Way, the Truth, and the Life for all men for all time!!! PTL!(y)

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
So you are saying David was taken up to heaven, but he has not been resurrected/ascended to heaven? Are you contradicting yourself?
There's no contradiction. When David and all the OT saints were taken up to the New Jerusalem, they were not resurrected, but their souls and spirits were taken to Heaven by Christ. They are called "the spirits of just men made perfect" and they are awaiting their resurrection at the Resurrection/Rapture.

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him. (1 Thess 4:14)

Who are those who "sleep in Jesus"? Sleep is a metaphor for death in the NT, and those who died as saints include both the OT saints as well as the NT saints. Their spirits and souls will be brought by Christ to receive their immortal glorified bodies at the Resurrection/Rapture. David will be there also.

When Peter was referring to the prophecies written by David regarding Christ his Lord, he was contrasting David (who was still in Hades) with Christ who rose again and ascended to Heaven after only three days and nights in Hades. It is only after Christ ascended to the Father first, that He returned and took the OT saints with Him. That is why He told Mary Magdalene not to touch Him.

Jan 12, 2019
There's no contradiction. When David and all the OT saints were taken up to the New Jerusalem, they were not resurrected, but their souls and spirits were taken to Heaven by Christ. They are called "the spirits of just men made perfect" and they are awaiting their resurrection at the Resurrection/Rapture.

When Peter was referring to the prophecies written by David regarding Christ his Lord, he was contrasting David (who was still in Hades) with Christ who rose again and ascended to Heaven after only three days and nights in Hades. It is only after Christ ascended to the Father first, that He returned and took the OT saints with Him. That is why He told Mary Magdalene not to touch Him.
So is David still in Hades now, or in the 3rd heaven?

Is he awaiting resurrection or is he already resurrected?

Mar 23, 2016
Psalm 150:

1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.

2 Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.

3 Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.

4 Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.

5 Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals. 6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Magenta - first, let me say I am so glad that you are filtering everything I say because it means you are looking for Truth. So, let's look at the scriptures.....
=======================================
Lafftur said: To some, loneliness might suggest lack but, to God loneliness produces desire to create something new.

Magenta said: I just don't see that anywhere in Scripture.

Lafftur's response: God can feel loneliness.... if God is NOT lonely then WHY does He even WANT a relationship with His Creation and even patiently deals with us and even wants to save us?????!!!!! Open your eyes Magenta - see and understand the depth of God's desire for His creation to know Him and love Him.

God wants us to be ONE with Him because He doesn't want to be ONE all alone. LOVE doesn't want to be all alone.

Lafftur said: Look through the eyes of LOVE and find the Heart of God - see how God sees.

God is God Almighty of ALL that is seen and unseen - there is NOTHING that He is not in complete authority over. He has EVERYTHING. However, God is LOVE and the greatest desire of LOVE is to love and be loved. If He has EVERYTHING yet, is not known or loved by His creation, it all means NOTHING to Him.

Magenta said: I don't see that anywhere in Scripture, either.

Lafftur's response: There are things in scripture that are hidden and you'll never see them without the Holy Spirit. However, even common sense tells us that people that have EVERYTHING feel empty - they thought "things, titles, achievements, etc." would satisfy but, it's only empty.....there's NO VALUE in ANYTHING without LOVE.

God has EVERYTHING, created EVERYTHING, owns EVERYTHING - there's NOTHING seen or unseen that does not belong to HIM. Yet, we run from Him chasing our own ways and He pursues us!!!! Seriously, why??!!! He should just annihilate us but, He doesn't. Instead, He deals with us because He greatly desires us because He wants our love and He wants us to know Him!

Paul tells us that even if we understand all mysterious and knowledge and have not love, we are NOTHING but a sounding gong. LOVE adds the VALUE to EVERYTHING!

======================================

Lafftur said: At the end of time, God is taking ONLY those that love Him and then He is going to destroy all the evil He created. He will have exactly what He wants which is to love and be loved.....

God's desire for YOU and all His creation to know Him and love Him is extremely GREAT! By The Word of God (Jesus Christ) coming to Earth to save us and show us the Love of The Father, He has made Himself known - we need to respond by receiving God's love for us and loving Him back in return.

Those that choose to know God and love Him, will receive the Blood and Body of Jesus Christ and be saved. Those that choose to NOT know God or love Him will perish.

God is going to have a new creation that He can love and be loved back. LOVE will NOT be satisfied until this is accomplished.

Magenta said: God did not create evil. He looked upon creation at every stage and proclaimed it "good."

Lafftur's response: Yes, God did create evil and darkness.

Isaiah 45:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

====================================

In summary, just know that God loves you and knows you and He wants you to know Him and to love Him. Enjoy your journey, I consider you a dear friend Magenta! God bless. :love:(y)

Apr 29, 2012
Psalm 150:

1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.

2 Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.

3 Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.

4 Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.

5 Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals. 6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

I'm about to start a reading of David's psalms in chronological order. I'm pretty sure I'll find a progression of deeper and higher praise as he grew in spiritual maturity

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Magenta - first, let me say I am so glad that you are filtering everything I say because it means you are looking for Truth. So, let's look at the scriptures.....
Lafftur said: To some, loneliness might suggest lack but, to God loneliness produces desire to create something new.

Magenta said: I just don't see that anywhere in Scripture.

Lafftur's response: God can feel loneliness.... if God is NOT lonely then WHY does He even WANT a relationship with His Creation and even patiently deals with us and even wants to save us?????!!!!! Open your eyes Magenta - see and understand the depth of God's desire for His creation to know Him and love Him.

God wants us to be ONE with Him because He doesn't want to be ONE all alone. LOVE doesn't want to be all alone.

Lafftur said: Look through the eyes of LOVE and find the Heart of God - see how God sees.

God is God Almighty of ALL that is seen and unseen - there is NOTHING that He is not in complete authority over. He has EVERYTHING. However, God is LOVE and the greatest desire of LOVE is to love and be loved. If He has EVERYTHING yet, is not known or loved by His creation, it all means NOTHING to Him.

Magenta said: I don't see that anywhere in Scripture, either.

Lafftur's response: There are things in scripture that are hidden and you'll never see them without the Holy Spirit. However, even common sense tells us that people that have EVERYTHING feel empty - they thought "things, titles, achievements, etc." would satisfy but, it's only empty.....there's NO VALUE in ANYTHING without LOVE.

God has EVERYTHING, created EVERYTHING, owns EVERYTHING - there's NOTHING seen or unseen that does not belong to HIM. Yet, we run from Him chasing our own ways and He pursues us!!!! Seriously, why??!!! He should just annihilate us but, He doesn't. Instead, He deals with us because He greatly desires us because He wants our love and He wants us to know Him!

Paul tells us that even if we understand all mysterious and knowledge and have not love, we are NOTHING but a sounding gong. LOVE adds the VALUE to EVERYTHING!

======================================

Lafftur said: At the end of time, God is taking ONLY those that love Him and then He is going to destroy all the evil He created. He will have exactly what He wants which is to love and be loved.....

God's desire for YOU and all His creation to know Him and love Him is extremely GREAT! By The Word of God (Jesus Christ) coming to Earth to save us and show us the Love of The Father, He has made Himself known - we need to respond by receiving God's love for us and loving Him back in return.

Those that choose to know God and love Him, will receive the Blood and Body of Jesus Christ and be saved. Those that choose to NOT know God or love Him will perish.

God is going to have a new creation that He can love and be loved back. LOVE will NOT be satisfied until this is accomplished.

Magenta said: God did not create evil. He looked upon creation at every stage and proclaimed it "good."

Lafftur's response: Yes, God did create evil and darkness.

Isaiah 45:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

====================================

In summary, just know that God loves you and knows you and He wants you to know Him and to love Him. Enjoy your journey, I consider you a dear friend Magenta! God bless. :love:(y)
God was not alone. Ever. Perhaps someone denying the Trinity would say He was alone. What God does is for His glory. This is explicitly stated in Scripture. Him being lonely and creation meaning nothing to Him unless He is loved is not. He is love. Him absolutely refusing to live without us is not in the Bible or a Biblical principle either. Nor did God create evil. Please educate yourself on the meaning of that word and how it is translated from the original language. Here (<= link) is a page explaining it.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
God was not alone. Ever. Perhaps someone denying the Trinity would say He was alone. What God does is for His glory. This is explicitly stated in Scripture. Him being lonely and creation meaning nothing to Him unless He is loved is not. He is love. Him absolutely refusing to live without us is not in the Bible or a Biblical principle either. Nor did God create evil. Please educate yourself on the meaning of that word and how it is translated from the original language. Here (<= link) is a page explaining it.
Being too judgmental is blindness. How would LOVE respond? Do you know LOVE?

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
Yeah, there's plenty of scriptures on it...Open up your eyes and read through the scriptures and you'll see it plainly.

Anyways, you should take this to one of the many Calvinist threads. Sorry but I won't be following, I'm pretty well finished with the topic. This has been discussed to no avail. As far as I am concerned, the whole thing is unfruitful and divisive. Let's not put a stumbling block in others way and try to limit Jesus' atonement. The free gift has come upon all and whosoever believes shall be saved.

But like I said, this is for a Calvinist thread and whoever wants to get mixed up in it...then have at it....I don't want any part of it at the moment, though.
I hope you can see the general problem of saying things like "Open up your eyes" and similar in a discussion and then not back up your own position with scripture. But we don't need to discuss calvinism here.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I hope you can see the general problem of saying things like "Open up your eyes" and similar in a discussion and then not back up your own position with scripture. But we don't need to discuss calvinism here.
Tell me about LOVE...what do you know of Love? :unsure:

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
What are the thoughts that Love thinks?

What does Love feel?

What does Love desire?

What are the judgments and mercy that Love gives?

Ponder LOVE and know The Lord your God - look Him in the eyes and know Him - face to face....SELAH.