Does Christianity Support Multiverse Theory?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kafziel

Dec 28, 2018
I mean the more I think about it there exists three possibilities. That the future is entirely stationary, in which case it's arguable that there is free will at all. The future is moving and depends on our free will and choices, in which case God can't quite know all. The third possibility negates either thing though and says that we exist in a state where every time we make a choice a new version of ourselves is formed. So in the third case God both knows all and there is free will to choose.

:LOL: So does Christianity support multiverse theory?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
The less I "think" about it and humble myself before Him, the more He can do through me.
I wouldn't trade that for anything.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I mean the more I think about it there exists three possibilities. That the future is entirely stationary, in which case it's arguable that there is free will at all. The future is moving and depends on our free will and choices, in which case God can't quite know all. The third possibility negates either thing though and says that we exist in a state where every time we make a choice a new version of ourselves is formed. So in the third case God both knows all and there is free will to choose.

If a new universe split off every time we made a choice, it would mean two things:

1 - Nothing we did would matter. There would always be a universe where we did the other thing.

2 - We would have a moral obligation to make worse choices, thus leaving the better choices for our alternate selves.

I don't believe God would allow that though. A universe where nothing matters, because we make the other decisions in other universes? That goes directly against everything about being responsible.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
There is talk that there may be as many as 11 universes coexisting, this lines up with an old Hebrew text that agrees and adds there are 4 man can know, Paul spoke of being taken to the third heaven.

Kafziel

Dec 28, 2018
If a new universe split off every time we made a choice, it would mean two things:

1 - Nothing we did would matter. There would always be a universe where we did the other thing.

2 - We would have a moral obligation to make worse choices, thus leaving the better choices for our alternate selves.

I don't believe God would allow that though. A universe where nothing matters, because we make the other decisions in other universes? That goes directly against everything about being responsible.
1. Well no quite the contrary, everything would still matter. You don't want to be the you that ends up in bad situations. You make me think about how some people believe in being saved by Christ alone without any good actions.

2. Now that may be a bit more reasonable. I mean if another version of you is going to suffer then would you take it upon yourself to make worse choices? It's a very interesting moral conundrum, because morality dictates you should do the best action, but you must select a worse action in order to do the best action.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
sounds like a pick a path or choose your own adventure book
I think you only get two options in those books to make a choice but there is the invisible third which is to stop reading the story.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013

Where in the world do you come up with this junk?

There must be some special web site somewhere just for the craziness you post here..,..,

Kafziel

Dec 28, 2018
Where in the world do you come up with this junk?

There must be some special web site somewhere just for the craziness you post here..,..,
I'm sorry, I just think a lot. My brain is weird and it just comes up with this stuff naturally. I am inspired by stuff I look into though. Like for example belief helps shape reality. I looked all over the place and came to that conclusion, I studied all kinds of things, including the bible to come to that conclusion. Some call it the law of attraction, the founder of the idea himself said similar things and it is hidden in many things.

Jan 12, 2022
No there is not. Your first possibility listed is correct. It is okay to think and dream oh Speed of God, and it is amazing that your intuition was correct in the first. There is one creation, one universe, but it could be said that it is a pretty big place from the perspective of an ant. There is much potential in an ant to do many different things, yet the ant will always be an ant and her story is written and she carries out her role from the start to finish of her life. What a beautiful and intelligent people the ants of God are and how diligent and wise they are indeed just as the Lord God made them.

Homewardbound

Dec 10, 2018
No there is not. Your first possibility listed is correct. It is okay to think and dream oh Speed of God, and it is amazing that your intuition was correct in the first. There is one creation, one universe, but it could be said that it is a pretty big place from the perspective of an ant. There is much potential in an ant to do many different things, yet the ant will always be an ant and her story is written and she carries out her role from the start to finish of her life. What a beautiful and intelligent people the ants of God are and how diligent and wise they are indeed just as the Lord God made them.
Wow, well done! Well thought out and well said.

VineyardsOfEngedi

Nov 26, 2019
I wonder if there is another me in another dimension doing the same thing I'm doing? :unsure: or feels what I feel?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I'm sorry, I just think a lot. My brain is weird and it just comes up with this stuff naturally. I am inspired by stuff I look into though. Like for example belief helps shape reality. I looked all over the place and came to that conclusion, I studied all kinds of things, including the bible to come to that conclusion. Some call it the law of attraction, the founder of the idea himself said similar things and it is hidden in many things.
While you appear polite, and even considerate; forgive me, but I believe you are a dangerous spirit here on CC. I say that because you go to great lengths to mix Scripture (Biblical truth) with worldly wisdom/writings. IMO, that is very dangerous, and NOT of God.

The deceiver loves to manipulate Christians by inserting the wisdom of man, and the various Sciences of the world into the minds of Christias, and, in so doing, causes them to become confused, or to even begin to doubt the Word of God.

I pray the Holy Spirit will reveal you for who you truly are, and do so before you can cause harm to any of the trusting Christians here on CC that might be drawn into your web of worldly sciences.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
It is okay to think and dream oh Speed of God, and it is amazing that your intuition was correct in the first.
Not really. Speed involves time and distance, things which belong to the creation. God is eternal and everywhere present transcending time and space.

Jan 12, 2022
Not really. Speed involves time and distance, things which belong to the creation. God is eternal and everywhere present transcending time and space.
Speed of God, meaning of the title Kafziel.

Kafziel

Dec 28, 2018
While you appear polite, and even considerate; forgive me, but I believe you are a dangerous spirit here on CC. I say that because you go to great lengths to mix Scripture (Biblical truth) with worldly wisdom/writings. IMO, that is very dangerous, and NOT of God.

The deceiver loves to manipulate Christians by inserting the wisdom of man, and the various Sciences of the world into the minds of Christias, and, in so doing, causes them to become confused, or to even begin to doubt the Word of God.

I pray the Holy Spirit will reveal you for who you truly are, and do so before you can cause harm to any of the trusting Christians here on CC that might be drawn into your web of worldly sciences.
If we cannot find God through the world then the teachings of the bible are lost to many. Why would you love God when you think so lowly of his many creations? We are meant to live in this world, and that is clearly God's will. If we cannot use examples found in the world to find a way to him then he has put us in the wrong place, and God is not known for his mistakes.

Kafziel

Dec 28, 2018

I did it too. This is exactly how I found religion. I looked at the world around me and started to research who had the best religion with rules that were most in line with wisdom. Christianity was the best one I found, and so I decided it was probably the truest religion.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The future is moving and depends on our free will and choices, in which case God can't quite know all.
The very essence of God is that He knows all things, even our thoughts before we think them...

Psalm 139:1-6 For the choir director. A Psalm of David. O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down, And are intimately acquainted with all my ways. Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O LORD, You know it all. You have enclosed me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is too high, I cannot attain to it.

Kafziel

Dec 28, 2018
I'm starting to see this religion is too confused. Satan is said to rule earth and yet God is all powerful and could do anything he wanted to Satan, including take the earth away from him. So it is God's will that Satan rules earth and yet I'm supposed to love him as if he's the best thing in existence. The God is all powerful and do anything, yet mankind is flawed and angels that rebelled against him are flawed and existence in this world is flawed. He seems like a flawed creator masquerading as perfect. I mean I get the rules are nice but maybe I made a mistake when choosing religions.

I think I am done with this religion for now.

Jan 12, 2022
I'm starting to see this religion is too confused. Satan is said to rule earth and yet God is all powerful and could do anything he wanted to Satan, including take the earth away from him. So it is God's will that Satan rules earth and yet I'm supposed to love him as if he's the best thing in existence. The God is all powerful and do anything, yet mankind is flawed and angels that rebelled against him are flawed and existence in this world is flawed. He seems like a flawed creator masquerading as perfect. I mean I get the rules are nice but maybe I made a mistake when choosing religions.

What makes you think that God is flawed just because man disobeyed the God's instruction and listened to the woman who listened to the lies of the lowest made creature? Wouldn't that mean it is man and woman that were wrong and not God? Wouldn't that mean that God is merciful because he understood that they disobeyed because the woman was lied to and became possessed, and the man disobeyed because he loved the woman and did not know she was possessed?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I'm starting to see this religion is too confused.
What 'religion' is of your choosing?
Satan is said to rule earth and yet God is all powerful and could do anything he wanted to Satan, including take the earth away from him. So it is God's will that Satan rules earth and yet I'm supposed to love him as if he's the best thing in existence.
Actually God is alllowing satan to carry on, yet God is fully in control even of satan.
The God is all powerful and do anything, yet mankind is flawed and angels that rebelled against him are flawed and existence in this world is flawed.
That's why people need to be born again.
He seems like a flawed creator masquerading as perfect. I mean I get the rules are nice but maybe I made a mistake when choosing religions.

Good, be done with religion and find that living relationship with God through Jesus sacrifice for your sins at Calvary. Find also the free gift of eternal life due to the perfect obedience of Jesus Christ in your stead.