Does Denomination Doctrine Matter For One To Be Saved?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

joshhuntnm

Aug 6, 2012
No. the key thing is loving HIM

James 2:5 (NIV)
5 Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I gotta find the scripture where Jesus said that docturine will divide my church. :)

God bless
pickles

Feb 17, 2010
I am not english but I know enough to know that there is only ONE CORRECT DOCTRINE, in God's eyes.... THE WAY TO SALVATION AND THE METHOD GOD WROTE IT DOWN HOW TO>>>> Doctrine for me is what people say what one must do to be saved, or how God works salvation....

This is what I know about God's salvation.... Or HIS Doctrine.... God says... You shall know the Truth and the TRUTH shall make you free.... And Jesus said... If I make you free you are free indeed!.... Now no matter where you start your SEARCH, If you endure untill you FIND! You will find ONLY ONE TRUTH! And then you will be FREE!

Let me put it this WAY.... There is only ONE WAY into God, and the ones that search with ALL their mind body and soul, will FIND THE WAY AND THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE.... HAHAHAHA....YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH Thank You God! I will search thee if it takes ALL MY LIFE. I WILL FIND THEE!!!! Amen!

G

GreenNnice

I am not english but I know enough to know that there is only ONE CORRECT DOCTRINE, in God's eyes.... THE WAY TO SALVATION AND THE METHOD GOD WROTE IT DOWN HOW TO>>>> Doctrine for me is what people say what one must do to be saved, or how God works salvation....

This is what I know about God's salvation.... Or HIS Doctrine.... God says... You shall know the Truth and the TRUTH shall make you free.... And Jesus said... If I make you free you are free indeed!.... Now no matter where you start your SEARCH, If you endure untill you FIND! You will find ONLY ONE TRUTH! And then you will be FREE!

Let me put it this WAY.... There is only ONE WAY into God, and the ones that search with ALL their mind body and soul, will FIND THE WAY AND THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE.... HAHAHAHA....YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH Thank You God! I will search thee if it takes ALL MY LIFE. I WILL FIND THEE!!!! Amen!
I'm going to 'like' your post and pray that we are in agreement ,cobe, and, that agreement, as this whole thread has been said by His leading is your telling your faith (doctrine believed) to others, whatever it is-- Lordship Salvation, OSAS, etc.--IN LOVE.

And, if you can't do that then it's pretty clear that maybe your in the wrong business IF you jam-packed posts of making others feel guilty of not being good enough for His Kingdom is for you.

Of faith (what you believe), hope (believing in life after death with Jesus), and love (Loving God and people as you love yourself) , LOVE is the greatest.

Love.

And, as much as you think you want to expound on your denomination and doctrine, if you do it without love, your explaining will be of no good, Scripture says, even bad, and, trust me, THAT is no good.

All you need is Love , for,vfirst, your Father, and, that will resoundly bound to YOURSELF, and, yes, as YOU should want too, to others :)

Feb 17, 2010
Love.... A little word of four letters. n english one word to express all. In Afrikaans one word to express all.... What does love mean? Why is God refering to Himself as: God is love. 1 John 4:8 and 1 John 4:16.... 1 John a very good book to read. Let us read this and we highlight a few points....1 John 4 :6 to 21.... 15 verses about love and God and His will.

6. We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error. 1Jn 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 1Jn 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 1Jn 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. 1Jn 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 1Jn 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. 1Jn 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. 1Jn 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. 1Jn 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. 1Jn 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. 1Jn 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. 1Jn 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 1Jn 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 1Jn 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us. 1Jn 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 1Jn 4:21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

Please read this in time and see what God is saying here. God says that those that love as HE INTEND THEM TO LOVE IS AS HE IS... How is that? How is God in this world? AS GOD IS SO ARE THESE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD... PERFECT LOVE!!!! WOW!!! I fall short, but I have to give God credit I love way more than I used too! And some people I really do love as much as I love myself, also something I NEVER could for 38 years!

Thank You Lord that you LOVED ME, and that I can learn to love, even those that are mine enemy. I am humbled by Your Example, Jesus You showed me HOW! Please help me to BE AS YOU ARE! AMEN!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I believe you may take this question directly to Jesus, Yeshua. He will let you know, and that right quick, amen.

G

GreenNnice

^ Call others to Love ^

4 letters to ascribe to, for in those 4 letters is importance to understand Him.

His Love.

Your Love, Lord, let's make this our prayer as we go through the rest of this week, interacting with whoever you meet. The Lord leads, follow Him, but let's not just follow Him but let us follow Him with 'Your Love.' :)

With 'it,' with only 'it,' as cobe says can we experience 'perfect Love.'
All this talk of perfect love wanted and whaddya know, it's not found in ANY others, only in Him, that lights up the darkness of your world that is imperfect as can be, even when you are BORN OF HIM, without.....

.... [YouTube]2Vbg2dpX-EY[/youtube]

Aug 13, 2012
Many do not agree with this, but there is only one church mentioned in the Bible. And whose church would this be? Jesus' church, of course. There is no mention of a baptist church, catholic church, etc. People have man made religion, and interpretation of the Bible. But if you look in Mathew 16:18 and Romans 16:16, it clearly states there is one church. Church of Christ. Teachings are strictly out of the Bible. So yes, if you go there, the doctrine matters. They teach how to be saved the right way.