Does energy work fall into the category of magic?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kafziel

Dec 28, 2018
I've been doing energy work for a while now. I started with tai chi for a while, moving energy around my body while getting some exercise. Dabbled in chi kung for a while. I started my own version of it where I was projecting energy. Animals apparently react to the energy and it makes people feel strange. I've spent so much time on this but I've stopped to ask if this is technically magic.

I've also discovered something related to pain relief and energy work in where you use your body's energy to numb pain. Should I teach it or is this magic? It's very confusing where the line is.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Yep ur a witch. U gotta stop and repent.
There is nothing such as a fine line. When its supernatural and not from God, it is witchcraft. Same with horoscopes, tarot etc

Kafziel

Dec 28, 2018
Yep ur a witch. U gotta stop and repent.
There is nothing such as a fine line. When its supernatural and not from God, it is witchcraft. Same with horoscopes, tarot etc
Then if something is from the self is it truly magic? Pacts with dark things are clearly forbidden, that's not up for debate. Are all things from man inherently evil though? Then is technology a sin because it is man's will? I believe this is far more nuanced than you believe.

Kafziel

Dec 28, 2018
Well let's go a bit further and apply my knowledge of what is possible. Let's say I teach people how to block out pain mentally in some fashion. Is it truly worse than them getting addicted to drugs we now use? Could the opioid crisis and countless deaths been avoided if we had a natural means to block out pain? Would then it be an evil to mentally block out pain rather than get addicted to drugs? It's a strange conundrum.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Then if something is from the self is it truly magic? Pacts with dark things are clearly forbidden, that's not up for debate. Are all things from man inherently evil though? Then is technology a sin because it is man's will? I believe this is far more nuanced than you believe.
God never allowed us to control any energy. Ur making excuses.
I wont debate with you. Ive wasted time in the occult and nearly lost my life many times and was struck with sickness for years because of it until i repented and got delivered.
U cannot serve two masters. If u work with energy, u serve the wrong master

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Luke 8:46 But Jesus said, "Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me."

Mark 5:30 At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him.
He turned around in the crowd and asked, "Who touched my clothes?"

K

kaylagrl

Well let's go a bit further and apply my knowledge of what is possible. Let's say I teach people how to block out pain mentally in some fashion. Is it truly worse than them getting addicted to drugs we now use? Could the opioid crisis and countless deaths been avoided if we had a natural means to block out pain? Would then it be an evil to mentally block out pain rather than get addicted to drugs? It's a strange conundrum.

My young sister is correct. We have the Healer we can go to for any issue. All our needs are met in Him. The Bible is very clear. It says we should not lean to our own understanding. If you are a Christian you need to stay away from anything that detracts from His Glory.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I've been doing energy work for a while now. I started with tai chi for a while, moving energy around my body while getting some exercise. Dabbled in chi kung for a while. I started my own version of it where I was projecting energy. Animals apparently react to the energy and it makes people feel strange. I've spent so much time on this but I've stopped to ask if this is technically magic.

I've also discovered something related to pain relief and energy work in where you use your body's energy to numb pain. Should I teach it or is this magic? It's very confusing where the line is.

Your profile says you're unsure about your spiritual status.

I would suggest we start with that first, and then sort other things out later.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
These concepts stem, in modern times, from Eastern religions (as well as new age). Eastern religions believe in a variety of blatantly anti-biblical and unchristian ideals.
The energy supposedly within is "the universe", another name for a non-personal entity considere to be God. But "god" in this sense is nothing more than a power or force waiting to do our bidding and sending good and bad back to us, based on our actions.
So in order to accept this notion of energy you have to eliminate the notion of an individual, personal, all powerful creator in favor of an idea that represents a God meant to serve our whims, thus making it our servant. Thus making it weak and feeble.
You also have to accept the idea of multiple other gods, reincarnation, disbelieve the crucifixion and godhood of Christ and pretty much the entire bible.

You came here to a Christian site seeking the answer, and that's it. To believe in such powers is to reject everything about the Christian faith.

Yet I cant help but suspect your true motives here are not to learn.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Ah yes, Kafziel, Kabbalah and mysticism. Not biblical Christianity. Just as I suspected.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
God never allowed us to control any energy. Ur making excuses.
I wont debate with you. Ive wasted time in the occult and nearly lost my life many times and was struck with sickness for years because of it until i repented and got delivered.
U cannot serve two masters. If u work with energy, u serve the wrong master
it is the same with every witch.
they think they are controlling, using, but they are being controlled, being used, and in this, deceived.

it makes me very glad whenever i remember what you were redeemed from, Demi

Kafziel

Dec 28, 2018
Ah yes, Kafziel, Kabbalah and mysticism. Not biblical Christianity. Just as I suspected.
No actually the name has more to do with some past life regression I did. Regardless of merit my mind concocted a fabulous story about how I was at one point the third angel ever created and my name meant "The speedy one" in some angelic language. Turns out that's Kafziel or the latin version Cassiel. I assumed Cassiel was taken so I picked Kafziel.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
it is the same with every witch.
they think they are controlling, using, but they are being controlled, being used, and in this, deceived.

it makes me very glad whenever i remember what you were redeemed from, Demi
The sad part is that the price for that controll is too high. And when Hod comes and his power manifests, what u thought u had is crushed 5o dust and u see all was nothing.
Sad

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I tried controlling energy once ... but then I grabbed the live wire instead of the ground wire and that was the end of that!