Does energy work fall into the category of magic?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Been having a lot of success with speaking to the pain in Jesus Name.
Speak, "pain, be gone, in Jesus Name".

Kafziel

Dec 28, 2018
Been having a lot of success with speaking to the pain in Jesus Name.
Speak, "pain, be gone, in Jesus Name".
That could actually work from I know of the human mind. As long as you believe it does. Actually scientifically proven with the placebo effect and how witnesses scew information in court cases. Beliefs change the way we perceive reality in general.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
That could actually work from I know of the human mind. As long as you believe it does. Actually scientifically proven with the placebo effect and how witnesses scew information in court cases. Beliefs change the way we perceive reality in general.
Thereis power and authority in the name of Jesus. If I would believe its placebo I would reconsider my Relgion

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
The name of Jesus is the most powerful name in the universe, always has been, always will be.
Not so much "it works", but more He works all the time as He said, "I must work all the time for my Father works all the time".

Nov 26, 2012
What placebo demonstrates with the power of the mind, faith in Christ demonstrates with the power of the Spirit. We are spiritual beings and have the ability to manifest “spiritual” power. Whether we are connecting to nature and the physical (chi), dark (Luciferian), or the Holy Spirit (Christ), these forces can influence our spirit and our physical beings. The question is who will you serve, ourself, Lucifer, or the One who created you for His purposes? Don’t think too hard, only one can re-create you at the resurrection.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
God never allowed us to control any energy. Ur making excuses.
I wont debate with you. Ive wasted time in the occult and nearly lost my life many times and was struck with sickness for years because of it until i repented and got delivered.
U cannot serve two masters. If u work with energy, u serve the wrong master
Where does it say in the bible God never allowed us to control energy?
Am I missing something?
And before I get into this any further, what do you consider control of energy?
Science has harnessed the power of atoms, see the nuclear bomb. Great energy. Is that magic?
A trained fighter can break multiple numbers of bricks with one strike. Is that energy control? If so, how is that magic?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"What placebo demonstrates with the power of the mind, faith in Christ demonstrates with the power of the Spirit"
Thank you Hungry.
Demi, there are only 2 kingdoms, His, of light, and the wrong one, of darkness, Jesus works in us and through us, His healing energy comes through us as we agree with Him for the healing and restoration of men and mankind when we make ourselves available to Him.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
"What placebo demonstrates with the power of the mind, faith in Christ demonstrates with the power of the Spirit"
Thank you Hungry.
Demi, there are only 2 kingdoms, His, of light, and the wrong one, of darkness, Jesus works in us and through us, His healing energy comes through us as we agree with Him for the healing and restoration of men and mankind when we make ourselves available to Him.
We dont control or manipulate Jesus energy though.
I know there r only two kingdoms

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Like John the Baptist said, "I must decrease and He must increase".

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Can someone please respond to my post #26? I am looking for clarification. Thank you.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Am I missing something?
Science has harnessed the power of atoms, see the nuclear bomb. Great energy. Is that magic?
A trained fighter can break multiple numbers of bricks with one strike. Is that energy control? If so, how is that magic?
i assume from the context we're talking about something like reiki, supposing to manipulate spiritual aura etc, not about magnetism or mechanical leverage etc

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
OK. Thanks.
But can a real deal Christian's spiritual aura even be subject to that without their permission?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
sin can allow the adversaries minions in.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I've been doing energy work for a while now. I started with tai chi for a while, moving energy around my body while getting some exercise. Dabbled in chi kung for a while. I started my own version of it where I was projecting energy. Animals apparently react to the energy and it makes people feel strange. I've spent so much time on this but I've stopped to ask if this is technically magic.

I've also discovered something related to pain relief and energy work in where you use your body's energy to numb pain. Should I teach it or is this magic? It's very confusing where the line is.
I think Tai Chi is fine. I don't know about the other stuff. Tai Chi supposedly works the energy in the body but I think it's really just a good way of getting the blood flowing to improve one's circulation. That alone will increase anyone's energy and there's nothing magical about it.

People doing Tai Chi

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
sin can allow the adversaries minions in.
Huh? We all sin. So, then are you saying we are all powerless against spiritual energy invaders? If so, I refuse to believe that.

Deror

Mar 30, 2018
Can someone please respond to my post #26? I am looking for clarification. Thank you.
Am I missing something?
i assume from the context we're talking about something like reiki, supposing to manipulate spiritual aura etc, not about magnetism or mechanical leverage etc
That’s a helpful distinction, also why I enjoy reading and listening to Creation teachers to learn about science (and energy; biologically, physically etc) from a biblical, creation, intelligent design viewpoint. So cool!! There’s some awesome Creation teachings out there to learn how magnets and atoms are God’s intelligent designs, designed for purpose. It’s helped me to learn the differences between biblical science and where some things go off into far out spiritual, possibly dangerous realms like unholy ungodly spiritual Practices that have unclean spirits attached to the spirituality of the practices ... it’s like stepping over into another realm that maybe even Holy angels would rather not go — operative word being Unholy... so, in spiritual matters, there is only One Good Spirit, the Holy Spirit, Holy being Set Apart, sacred and consecrated. So in spiritual matters, or engaging in anything that has any spiritual element to it, or any spiritual practice then to be sure it’s sacred. Set apart, Holy. And we won’t finance any other spirit that’s not Holy (Set apart) and remain in the Spirit of God, His Holy Spirit. And avoid spiritual trouble. Holy Spirit is set apart from all other spirits. Pure. Jesus’ Spirit is stronger. Believers are Sealed with The Spirit until the day of redemption. Yet we can sometimes need cleansing anything we may have picked up spiritually on our journey, yet still Holy Spirit is so Pure, Holy, Sacred, Consecrated Set Apart that we can be cleansed and healed.

Sorry if that wasn't written out very well, I need to get my head down for work manana. Hope you can get what I’m trying to say, lol. It’s late, low battery, good night, God bless. Take care.

Hamilton

Nov 26, 2018
Am I missing something?
Very interesting topic.

Roughly speaking could there be wordly (part of created order) energy, Divine (from up high from God), and demonic (from evil entities that influence for the worse)?

Physical energies can also include subtler aura (human electromagnetic field) energy. Shaolin monks believed that the Chi (vital energy for physical life) could be sent to a part of the body that was going to impact so that damage could be controlled, or mitigated.

Breaking techniques in martial arts seem to be more related to the calcification of the bones. Yet many breakers experience warm and tingling when practicing bone conditioning and many think is chi rushing to protect the limb.

On the other hand there are stories of martial arts practitioners that seem to imply that some breaking occurs due to occult practices, etc.

Angels, and Peter were able to blind temporarily humans, not sure if that was done through energy or not.

Some persons have an innate ability to see auras, and see energy in action. To them such seem natural part of the created order.

One lady noticed that when a persons looks with sexual interest that of other sex, an actual bioenergetic stream moves and does a check to see if the fields are compatible. Supposedly this is how girls know they are being checked out.

Maybe this is why Jesus said not to look at a woman with sexual intent.

The same lady says that over 80 % of communication is non verbal, and involves a lot of energy transfer. Thus you can have a person that speaks a language, but if does not send the message at the right frequency, will not be understood.

Each language has a frequency used for communication, (supposedly), and that is why living among the native speakers is one of the best ways to learn the language, as one learns to vibrate in that frequency for communication.

Same with being a student of a martial artist, the frequency at which optimal performance occurs, transfer over to the student and the person then learns the right technique (again supposedly, as we do not have yet the instruments to validate hypothesis).

In charismatic churches I have witnessed the coming down of the Holy Spirit on persons (baptism of the Holy Spirit), and seems to burn other energies, imbalances, etc. in the auric field, so maybe God's original intent for us was to have the Holy Spirit as the transferrer of the right energy for us to operate.

Supposedly occultist can see the shining light of God's glory (Holy Spirit) in believers, theoretical speaking light is a form of energy.

Maybe more study on this will eventually be done to get at a more coherent and explaining conjecture given the scant evidence we can work with at present.