Does faith really work by Love or not...

  • Thread starter Thread starter LeoLion
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LeoLion

Guest
I heard just recently that faith only works by Love. Let's see if by the word of God we can search scripture to see if this is a fact or not. We are all familiar with 1 Corinthians 13 (the love chapter) right?
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, (and though I have all faith,) so that I could remove mountains, (but have not love), I am nothing.
Well,we see in these two scriptures it seems to say if I had ALL FAITH,but had NOT LOVE I am nothing. This seems to say I can have faith without Love. Hmmm...
Let's dig a little deeper shall we? How about this scripture;

Galatians 5:6 KJV
[6] For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
Now this scripture seems to say that being one who keeps the Law or one who does not keep the law is not what's important,but what's important is (faith that works by Love). Hmmm...
Does faith work by Love when we just read before in Corinthians that if I had all faith and have not Love (agape) God's kind of Love the highest form of Love,I am nothing. We must dig deeper than our eyes can see. Holy Spirit help me to see what I need to see. Amen Maybe I'll check out that scripture in another version. Let's see what the Amplified version says about Gal.5:6.

For [if we are] in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith activated and energized and expressed and working through love. (*Galatians‬ *5‬:*6‬ AMP)
Now this version seems a little clearer in this matter of does faith work by Love. It seems to say to me that neither keeping Law or not keeping Law counts for anything,but what matters is faith being operated by Love. This is how I read this. This is how it speaks to me. I don't think we've answered the question yet. Another scripture comes to my mind:
14 Let all that you do be done with love. NKJV 1 Cor.16:14) How about this scripture;

Romans 5:5 KJV
[5] And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
This (Love) is also agape and has been shed abroad in our hearts already. So we have the God kind of Love already poured out into our hearts by the Holy Spirit. We have the capacity to now Love like God (our Father) does. But do we? Love is the fulfilling of the Law.
I believe it's the same principle as having a measure or the measure of faith and yet not exercising it or putting it into action. Is faith really faith at all seeing faith without works (action) is dead being alone with no corresponding action? Is Love an (action) word too? Must it be put into action? Must it be activated? Perhaps it just lies on the inside of you and I like a stagnant pool of water waiting for the stirring. For God so loved the world that He GAVE... (ACTION) He expressed his love by his actions. We see faith when it was all alone and all by itself in such a death with no movement longed for its Lover to give a hand in the matter and so they joined hands and hearts coupled together in holy matrimony they lived happily forever after being very fruitful.

1 John 3:18 KJV
[18] My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
(action and in truth)
Ephesians 6:23-24 KJV
[23] Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. [24] Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.