Does God abandon the unsaved?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lost

Jul 23, 2021
I've got ALS, I'm only young with children. I've not given God my life or followed Jesus ways. Has he abandoned me? Am I unsaved? I belive that Jesus is Lord but then I've not followed his ways 💔

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I've got ALS, I'm only young with children. I've not given God my life or followed Jesus ways. Has he abandoned me? Am I unsaved? I belive that Jesus is Lord but then I've not followed his ways 💔
it’s on you to give him your life and do those things you are saying you have never done

it’s probably why your wondering and explained you haven’t done it yet he hasn’t abandoned anyone on earth many of us have abandoned Jesus by convincing ourselves of things he never said

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Generally speaking, people who are not saved do not concern themselves with whether or not they are saved.

People who are not saved are enemies in their minds toward God. Such were some of us.

If you believe Jesus is Lord, it may be that your heart belongs to Him,
but for some reason/s you have delayed in dedicating your life to Him.

Perhaps exploring those reasons would give you insight into your reasons why.

Have you heard of the Alpha Course?

There are 10 videos total. I hope you watch them. They could benefit you greatly :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Please also watch this word-for-word rendition of the Gospel of John :)

Alpha Course, series 3 & 4 + Gospel of John movie

Apr 15, 2017
No person says that Jesus is the Lord but by the Holy Spirit.

No person comes to the Son unless the Father draws them.

God will still work with you to get you to do what is right.

The only way God abandons someone is if they do not believe in a God that created all things after a certain amount of time which then He stops working with them and they are given over to a reprobate mind which they only see the ways of the flesh.

All other people He works with them to try to get them to come to the truth.

You are only a hypocrite for confessing Christ without being like Him.

Many are called but few are chosen.

But all sin can be forgiven but we cannot live in sin.

Some have a form of godliness but deny the power thereof which is allowing the Spirit to lead them and they are ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth but they are led of the flesh and living in sin and thinking they are alright with God.

Not many mighty, noble, or wise according to the flesh are called for their heart condition is not right to be called.

It is an easy fix and that is to allow the Spirit to lead you and act Christlike but God did not abandon you but He is only waiting for you to live the lifestyle that is pleasing to Him.

CS1

May 23, 2012

either HE is Lord of All or he is Lord not at all.

to be saved we must repent surrender and receive.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
If you sincerely believed Jesus is God, that He died and rose again, to save you from your sins, and received Him, then you would be still eternally saved now.

The works part doesn't keep you saved but is a response to what you already got.

If you didn't believe in the first place.. then that's a different story

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
MattforJesus gave you some very sage Biblical advice. You obviously feel led by God to find his son. Follow your heart. Seek and ye shall find. God stands at the door of your heart and mind and knocks.
Ever notice that classic picture?

In the event that image disappears as others I've posted has, just click this link.

There's no doorknob on the door on Jesus side.

You have to open the door from your side because God has chosen to knock at your heart, door.

God Be With You.

chess21

Aug 17, 2021
Hi Lost That is a good question you brought up and also that it's concerning yourself.
This first answer I give may not be a typical one. Now I would like to share with you about Abraham a man of God.

Abraham in his days was considered one of the most Godly men on the earth. Did you know that he doubted God greatly himself?
When God told Abraham that Sarah would have a baby at age 90 he laughed. Gen 17:1

Another one that doubted God was Moses. When God called Moses from the burning bush he doubted that God knew what he was talking about. So Moses told God to choose someone else out of the land of Egypt. Moses also in the desert struck the rock doubting God again. Exodus chapter 3

Next is Job. While Job insisted that he didn't deserve the bad things that were happening to him he also had doubts. Job chapters 1-2 and chapter 3 1-2

Last in the OT was Jonah. Jonah was a prophet and God told him to tell Nineveh to repent. He ran on a boat to the land of Tarshish.
Jonah 1

Did God turn away any of them from being saved? The answer was they were all saved. Because God is a heavenly Father. God is always forgiving. They realized they were wrong in the end. Then they turned back to God to do the right thing.

Jesus said of tax collectors and harlots in Matthew 21 30-32.

Lastly read about the prodigal son how the son left the father and how much sin he had gotten into. Then see how the father let him return home after all he done. Luke 15 11-32

So you God hasn't closed the door. The devil tries to lie to us that we have committed so many sins that God wouldn't want us anymore. No matter what sins we have done that God is willing to forgive us.

So turn to God ask him to forgive you and he will. Take your Bible and start to study to do what's right with God. We must do what John the Baptist said Repent and change your hearts Matthew 3
God is there is for you and everyone always to call upon him. :)

O

Omegatime

Believing Jesus is Lord tells me you are saved and your children by grace thru faith. Be not burdened by those who place upon you doctrines of men. You have just began your journey! Hugs

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
either HE is Lord of All or he is Lord not at all.

to be saved we must repent surrender and receive.
I think surrender is what brings it all , repentance requires our will for living as our own lord to break , so he can give us his Will through believing the gospel.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
God respects your choices. His mercies are new every morning and His grace is always sufficient. Think of it like a break in the clouds where the sun comes through. You can enjoy the sun shine, but you have to be in the right spot. God is not a monster. Lord Jesus spoke about a tax collector, one of the most despised people in Jewish society. The man pleaded with God to be merciful to him, a sinner. Lord Jesus said that the man was justified. (Luke 18:13) God also says that He will never leave or forsake His people (Hebrews 13:5).

It's not enough to believe a set of facts. Jesus is Lord, that is correct. The question is, is He your Lord? It helps to know that Lord Jesus is a real person, not a force or power. You can talk to Him just as you talk to anyone that you respect. If you do not understand, ask Him to help you. He will. All I said was, "There has to be more to life than this". A few weeks later, my boss led me to Jesus. That was 50 years ago.

While you are alive on this earth, there is hope for you. Once this life is over, there are no more chances. Far better to receive Christ now. Every time you say "not now", you harden your heart. It gets harder to say "yes". One day you will wake up and you won't care at all. You will have abandoned God, not Him abandon you.

If you have received Christ already, you know it deep down. You need to get God's word into you. That is food for the spirit and will make you stronger. I suggest the book of Ephesians, which tells us what God has done for us in Christ, then how we should live in the light of who we are as new people.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Isaiah 45:22 + Revelation 3:20

Revelation 22:16-17

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
In order to come to god you must believe that he is and that he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him. I messed up on that second part for a long while. Don't waste any time not believing it.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
We sinners.
He Savior.
Call out to Him to save you.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Jesus came to seek and save the lost.

Salvation = saved from sin.. Sin = death

It only takes one sin and we are lost. BUT God has paid it all.. If you have sinned once or a million times it is the same process to be forgiven.

Admit that you need help -- Repentance
Believe that Jesus has freed you from the Sin. -- Justification
Allow Jesus to live in you and allow Him to transform you into His child -- Sanctification.
Continue in Faith -- Glorification.

Jesus will do all this if you allow Him to.

The greatest or hardest battle is the battle against self. But with Jesus we can succeed.