Does God forgive wilful sin after you are born again? If you are still repentant and your hear isn't hardened does He forgive this?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ameizhere

Member
Nov 4, 2021
34
8
8
I really need advice. Since Monday I have been feeling great condemnation. I committed wilful sin, I backslid into old sin that God set me free from. I was set free from this in May - when I repented of being lukewarm and got baptised. But that's when on Monday I have backslid of the same thing that I was set free from :(
The thing is I have asked everywhere for help and I have been seeking fellowship because I really am trying to move on after I repented and asked for forgiveness. But, I'm just scared that God won't have forgiven me and that I will be condemned after this. The reason why I am so scared about this is because of Hebrews 10:26. The thing is, I am trying to ask for advice and I don't believe in once saved always saved but the people who I have asked for advice from believe in this and always say, "don't worry, you can't lose your salvation." I believe you can lose salvation, the only thing giving me hope honestly is 2 Peter 2:20: "For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning." The reason why this is giving me hope is because it doesn't just say 'again entangled', but also 'and overcome'. Some translations say 'destroyed' or 'defeated'. I clearly have no fallen away completely yet, because I have misery over what I have done not just from condemnation but the fact that I have hurt God. For the first few days, I was crying all day over and over again. Therefore, I don't think that I have been 'overcome', or 'defeated' or 'destroyed' yet simply because I am not an apostate, I still want to repent and I have once again been resisting wilful sin since I fell.
Perhaps feeling no hope isn't from God, but the conviction certainly was. I just hope that the fact that I felt so convicted meant that there is still hope for me and God was warning me before I went any further.
Everyone! Please help, does God forgive wilful sin after salvation? Does the Bible have any examples of forgiving wilful sin? Or does it describe somewhere that someone can be forgiven after this? Please don't just say 'once saved always saved' either if that's okay, this does not really help as I don't believe this is biblical :(
God bless all and may you all be well