Does God have any regard for man's outward appearance?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think consult God on your wardrobe if you arent sure.
When. I first got saved I did feel self consicous about going to church and not having suitable clothes. But He helped me with that. One tip he gave me was to wear colour, I had way too many black clothes from work and I felt like I was looking like a widow. So now I dont choose to wear black and much more cheerful in my colour choices

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Really not sure what you gathered from what I said, but basically where I was going with that is that women have glorified appearance on their own, just by the virtue of being women. Just wanted to say it does better justice to a woman when she takes care of herself that when she does not. That's just my conviction... And by "taking care" I don't mean excessive attention to appearance, which would seem to be unbiblical, I mean mainly being clean, tidy, a minimal observation of appearance. What I do is stemming from my convictions before God. Pretty sure that another person who is convicted differently can walk in a sack and this will be equally ok to God, if they are honestly convicted in their spirit that it doesn't matter, which I also stated. And I won't roll eyes against them. Romans 14.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
I think our choices for our outward appearance need to go through a very specific filter. God sees the attitudes of our hearts. It is not necessarily about what we do but why we do it.
When you head to church you might braid your hair as a practicality when you are helping in the nursery, the kitchen or arts and crafts (think white glue and glitter, or acrylic paint) or you might spend ages working to draw attention to yourself in a competitive way with other women, and vanity. Who has time to pray and help others when your prep time is all that matters? You want to command all the attention. Having self respect is a good thing, having disrespect for others in not. The things that God says he detests all come down to attitudes of the heart. I think this applies to this topic. I am really simplifying it but I don't want to go on for too long.