Does God really have a girl for me?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

Ah, if you are talking to me, Nod, I was being facetious. Call it "trolling with a purpose". Surprised you didn't Know......I love your trolls, BTW, you have a true talent for comedy. keep 'em coming! (and I mean that) :)
no no, i wasn't talking to you snacker :)

i was referring to dothackzero, not to take advice from the big baby of the forums (persecuted)

I think his nickname suits him rather well don't you?? Plays the victim quite well doesn't he ;)

Jun 15, 2011
Actually, I did have nice talk with a cute girl a few days ago. Really, right now it just seems like I need to get my social skills to be atleast somewhat normal. Well that, and probably get a few interests other than just anime and video games.
Okay, so you want more things to talk about. Here's some quick stories/suggestions. When I was in university, I'd eat lunch with the social group I was pretty much stuck with and on most days, they would annoy the bleep out of me by talking incessantly about the sitcoms on TV the previous night. Apparently they all left their TV stuck on NBC or CBS for two straight hours and not only sucked up every bad joke but felt the need to spend 45 minutes the next day rehashing everyone of them. Now what you aren't supposed to get out of this story is that I was bored with it, you're supposed to get that 10 to 15 people (half female) really enjoyed doing this. To me people are much more boring than you'd ever think... but let me try to put this into positive terms... people are really into pop-culture so if you just watch one sitcom a week, a new big blockbuster movie once a week and go to the occasional concert you'll have plenty to talk about. Concerts are great because not only do way more women than men attend most of them but they sell tickets in such a stupid manner its an hour conversation alone on how you got your ticket. Plus by the clever marketing strategies of the music industry, by definition you're "cool" to have seen some big star in person.... and chicks are even dumber than men to believe this. So when you tell them that you managed to wiggle out a prime seat to see so and so they can't help but be impressed that you got so close to so and so.

Now, of course, from a christian perspective, I'm not telling you you have to embrace the many evils of pop-culture, I'm just telling you things that will give you commonality with women.

D

dmdave17

OK girls. How many of you out there can spell "paranoia"? :)

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
OK girls. How many of you out there can spell "paranoia"? :)
OOOOh, that's a hard one. Let's see, P-A-I-R-U-H.........wlehfkwlejhfweh! oops, sorry, tried to type and chew gum at the same time. Now I gotta wipe the spit off my laptop.........It's so hard, being female :(

S

Suzie2family

Okay, so you want more things to talk about. Here's some quick stories/suggestions. When I was in university, I'd eat lunch with the social group I was pretty much stuck with and on most days, they would annoy the bleep out of me by talking incessantly about the sitcoms on TV the previous night. Apparently they all left their TV stuck on NBC or CBS for two straight hours and not only sucked up every bad joke but felt the need to spend 45 minutes the next day rehashing everyone of them. Now what you aren't supposed to get out of this story is that I was bored with it, you're supposed to get that 10 to 15 people (half female) really enjoyed doing this. To me people are much more boring than you'd ever think... but let me try to put this into positive terms... people are really into pop-culture so if you just watch one sitcom a week, a new big blockbuster movie once a week and go to the occasional concert you'll have plenty to talk about. Concerts are great because not only do way more women than men attend most of them but they sell tickets in such a stupid manner its an hour conversation alone on how you got your ticket. Plus by the clever marketing strategies of the music industry, by definition you're "cool" to have seen some big star in person.... and chicks are even dumber than men to believe this. So when you tell them that you managed to wiggle out a prime seat to see so and so they can't help but be impressed that you got so close to so and so.

Now, of course, from a christian perspective, I'm not telling you you have to embrace the many evils of pop-culture, I'm just telling you things that will give you commonality with women.
Persecuted, I fear you have been the victim of living in a sheltered environment, for most of my friends do not watch television, nor go to concerts. Movies? Occassionally. Not everyone you meet in the world is as shallow and boring as what you described above. Some of us actually enjoy other activities--outdoor sports, etc. If I had been in your shoes I would have probably pulled my own eyelashes out by the follicle one-by-one and put bamboo shoots under my fingernails rather than put up with all that mundane drivel! My condolences. There are more stimulating companions to be found elsewhere in other social circles, I promise you.

P

Peter321

Why are you worrying about a girl?
You have ALL the time you want right now, you can go travel do sports have cool hobbys (Don't know if you work and all though)
But you get the picture, i think you should entertain yourself! Go see movies go to restaurants find some sports you like and join a sports club or w/e!
You know, God has great plans, he is all knowing! He is the one to decide whenever something will happen, and aslong as it's not happening, it's not time yet :cool:

Jun 15, 2011
Persecuted, I fear you have been the victim of living in a sheltered environment, for most of my friends do not watch television, nor go to concerts. Movies? Occassionally. Not everyone you meet in the world is as shallow and boring as what you described above. Some of us actually enjoy other activities--outdoor sports, etc. If I had been in your shoes I would have probably pulled my own eyelashes out by the follicle one-by-one and put bamboo shoots under my fingernails rather than put up with all that mundane drivel! My condolences. There are more stimulating companions to be found elsewhere in other social circles, I promise you.
Well I assure you these people did do outdoor activities... and they were all taking various different university courses... and many were dating... but somehow these very MAINSTREAM people just let the conversation go like that. I've found in life in my attempts to switch social groups that I just find a new yet equally as mundane topic that is discussed over and over again. But anyhow, while I feel free to throw up advise on certain topics on here (emphasis on the phrase "throw up") I'll gladly take any suggestions you have on finding these much better social circles.

S

Suzie2family

Well I assure you these people did do outdoor activities... and they were all taking various different university courses... and many were dating... but somehow these very MAINSTREAM people just let the conversation go like that. I've found in life in my attempts to switch social groups that I just find a new yet equally as mundane topic that is discussed over and over again. But anyhow, while I feel free to throw up advise on certain topics on here (emphasis on the phrase "throw up") I'll gladly take any suggestions you have on finding these much better social circles.
LOL. Okay so maybe go have your IQ tested and then google search for groups that fit into the same IQ level (I mean this in all seriousness--not as a snide remark). You might fnd that your need for greater intellectual stimulation has left you feeling like MEH....whatever....they're all the same 'ol, same 'ol. But I assure you there are more intelligent fish in the sea and they're probably just swimming in some deeper intellectual waters. ;)

Jun 15, 2011
LOL. Okay so maybe go have your IQ tested and then google search for groups that fit into the same IQ level (I mean this in all seriousness--not as a snide remark). You might fnd that your need for greater intellectual stimulation has left you feeling like MEH....whatever....they're all the same 'ol, same 'ol. But I assure you there are more intelligent fish in the sea and they're probably just swimming in some deeper intellectual waters. ;)
This would probably work better if you DID mean it as a snide remark. Over the years I've found things like retail girls are more interesting than corporate girls. Girls in their last year of high school or just graduated are more interesting than university girls. And for this I mean 100% conversationally, not any other attributes. It seems to me education turns people into dullards --- which is funny to say from someone also overeducated. But we really shouldn't go so far with this because I was never writing to be condescending or even to express frustrations, I was writing to tell someone they weren't the freak / bore they seem to think they are. But since you've pulled it out of me, I'll say it, I went from one time in my life thinking everyone else must be so much more interesting than me to ending up in lots of social situations where one might say "I have a good social life" where I found myself wishing I WAS home all by myself watching football or playing video games or whatever... because just because you're hanging out with 10 or 15 people and some are not bad looking girls, it doesn't necessarily mean the night is going all that great. But now I'm being discouraging to the original target audience.

T

trueimage15

Well I think so and really believe so because God has created woman out of man and you guys should eventually return to each other to become one in marriage:)

T

trueimage15

oh yeah but to get to Gods plan for you, you have to make the right decisions to get there. so if it is to be bold and ask for boldness each day then so be it. but seek first the kingdom of God and everything you desire shall come after is that not true?

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011
oh yeah but to get to Gods plan for you, you have to make the right decisions to get there. so if it is to be bold and ask for boldness each day then so be it. but seek first the kingdom of God and everything you desire shall come after is that not true?
I know the verse you're referencing, but I don't think it means we'll get everything we want if we seek God first.
God doesn't give us everything we want, but he gives us everything we need.

Jun 15, 2011
I know the verse you're referencing, but I don't think it means we'll get everything we want if we seek God first.
God doesn't give us everything we want, but he gives us everything we need.
Well what about the notion God gives us the tools we need, and its our responsibiliity to get it from there?

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011
Well what about the notion God gives us the tools we need, and its our responsibiliity to get it from there?
Of course that can happen. God doesn't generally just drop things into our laps. Although, he could if he wanted to. I mean he's God. He can do what he wants.
When I say God will give us what we need, I don't mean we can just sit on our butts and do absolutely nothing. Sometimes him giving us what we need is in the form of those tools, as you say.