Does God say in scripture, singles, that He wants a 'personal relationship' w/ us ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

What does the bible say?

Do you think your current relationship with Jesus could be keeping you from getting ALL God has waiting ?

Abraham did not just do nothing and become the Father Of Many Nations, Abraham had to pass tests, including the greatest one God could ask someone--sacrifice your child.

What tests has God had for you lately?

How do you think you did?

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LisaM

but God knew Abraham was to be the father of nations. I am just a simple person so why the constant testing without any rewards?

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011
but God knew Abraham was to be the father of nations. I am just a simple person so why the constant testing without any rewards?
God's children will be with him forever someday. Isn't that reward enough? Just remember where you're going. That's quite the reward. Each one of us truly matters to God.
Even if our lives here seem terrible, we should still give Him all the glory for what He has promised us to come and the blessings we have here. Every breath we are given is a blessing.
I know it's hard to do sometimes, but it's better to focus on those blessings and things we have rather than the things we don't have and think we need.
Lets remember, it's not God's job to cater to and serve us. It's our job to serve Him.
---------

I'm glad that God's love for me is unconditional. I do believe we can mess up and not listen to Him and do things we're not supposed to that hinder what He'd like to accomplish with us. The good thing is, He doesn't really need us. His will is ultimately going to be accomplished one way or another. He just allows us the opportunity to play a role in it.

For me, it's just about doing the best I can, and knowing that even when I'm a moron and fall and fail, God still loves me. Our failures do have consequences though. Even if we "do all the right things" it doesn't mean our lives are going to be all wonderful and rosey. After all, this is not Heaven. Also...If we don't experience the bad, how could we truly appreciate the good?
On the flipside, we've all sinned and surely don't deserve such a forgiving God. We get what we don't deserve (eternal life with Him.) and don't get what we do deserve (Hell).

A verse comes to mind that goes along with this thread/discussion I thnk:

Luke 12:47-48

New International Version (NIV)

47 “The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. 48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011
I had to think about that wording too.
Let me reword what I think he's asking:
If your current relationship with Jesus is bad, is it keeping you from what God wants to do with your life?

I could be wrong, but I think that's it.

G

GreenNnice

I had to think about that wording too.
Let me reword what I think he's asking:
If your current relationship with Jesus is bad, is it keeping you from what God wants to do with your life?

I could be wrong, but I think that's it.
---
Bingo, niceguy.
If we are not folowing God best we can, we won't get God's best.
Noté that following God's lead in your personal life has NOTHING to do with being a sinner, as, we all sin and do it in our SLEEP even, gasp! :D. But, Yeah, you can turn to Ecclesiastes for, speaking thru Sololmon, what God says of 'sinners' as opposed to the 'wicked' in regards to progressing through Earthly life without God getting ya .

Do I make sense here better? I hope.

Basically, daily walk with God and that includeds asking for His mercy and forgiveness for the day's doings (and why not ask for some grace too :D ) every start to your day because His mercies are new every morning. :)

S

Siberian_Khatru

Giggity.

In that case, then I think most everyone has deviated from his ultimate desire for us in our lives at some point. No doubt about it, I have, at least.

G

GreenNnice

Giggity.

In that case, then I think most everyone has deviated from his ultimate desire for us in our lives at some point. No doubt about it, I have, at least.
---
Very true, siberiancat, yes, many verses speak of man's sin.

My favorite to expain our imperfectness: For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God

D

djness

Why does God feel the need to constantly put people through tests to see if they love him?
Would your husband/wife girlfriend/boyfriend appreciate being put through constant rigourous tests for them to have to prove they love you?

Is God so insecure that He needs to issue threats in order for Him to be loveable?

Do you Devise tests for your loved ones all the time to see if they really love you?

S

Siberian_Khatru

Interesting questioning and phrasing.

What makes you ask that He does it to make us demonstrate our love for Him? Whatever doesn't kill you makes you fatter, right?

L

LisaM

Why does God feel the need to constantly put people through tests to see if they love him?
Would your husband/wife girlfriend/boyfriend appreciate being put through constant rigourous tests for them to have to prove they love you?

Is God so insecure that He needs to issue threats in order for Him to be loveable?

Do you Devise tests for your loved ones all the time to see if they really love you?

and that my dear djness is something i am still waiting on an answer too as well. No one can seem to give me a reasonalbe enough answer other than He Is God and its his right because he created us.

G

GreenNnice

-----
Hmmm, djniceness, I am not sure what you are asking or getting at but God is a God of Love, the ONE AND ONLY :) and He tests us, CONSTANTLY, to make certain we hold our heads up high.

Just high, green?

No, hold our heads up high TO THE SKY :)

--
You never know when SATAN could be given the OK by God to test you or you just do something crazy outside of God's plan like go to party, get drugged, and, hurt, bad, or, you walking on the street and robbed blind, literally, robber hits you in back of head in occipital lobe and you're BLIND for the rest of your life.

Yes, God does test us, but usually the tests are meant to strengthen us for His work He has planned in our life, good plans, with peace and prosperity, 'til the day we die on Earth.

So, why does God test us? Faith.

FAITH, FAITH, FAITH!

Green, r u yllng? No, preaching ;)

Faith, our tests are for faith, so we will NOT Sway when something big comes up and hurts our faith in God, tgat we STILL , like Cassie Bernal, of Columbine, . That we still will say 'yes,' when dire situation is upon us.

Example?

Sure, how about telling Abraham about blessings to come early in his life but they did not materialize Abraham became father of many nations per God's blessing) until AFTER a great test.

Which was what, green, for those of us that never did well on POP quizzes in school ?

God's asking of Abraham to sacrifice his son, Isaac.

So , when God does TEST you to the extreme in this totally terminal human life in which we only gotva 100 years to live, or, less,, be READY
EXTREMELY ready for what comes next. The Lord leads, it may be great or small blessing to you, but it will magnificently bring glory and recognition to God, furthering His plans for you and, consequently, the good things God wants to do in preparation for His son's coming again :)

Last edited by a moderator: