DOES GOD THINK, " THAT YOU ARE BAPTIZED". WHY & WHEN ??????

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TruthisPower

Banned
Apr 14, 2014
286
2
0
How Old were you when you became Baptized?

and how Was it performed at the time of your Baptistism?

And does a baby's dedication mean that you were Baptized?
 
God does not have to think anything as he already knows all....both past, present and future......:)

and No to the last statement......
 
I was 18 when I was baptized and I was dunked (fully immersed).

A baby dedication is not the same as infant baptism. A dedication is simply a commitment by the parents to raise their child in a Christian manner. The parents are dedicating their child to the Lord. No sprinkling of water present!
 
How Old were you when you became Baptized?

and how Was it performed at the time of your Baptistism?

And does a baby's dedication mean that you were Baptized?
A baby's baptism has to do with the parent's dedication to leading the child to Christ not in the child receiving the Holy Spirit as in the later baptism when the child does this for himself.
 
I was actually baptized three times.

First I was baptized by total submersion in water when I was about 9, then I left the church when I was a teen do to all the you don't truthfully believe if you don't do this or that talk, and you have to give 10% tithe or you go to hell.

I then was baptized again in a Catholic church at 25 by water being sprinkled on my head, for they said you had to be baptized into their church. I then got into reading and studying the bible for myself and noticed all the discrepancies in the teachings and then left the Catholic church.

I then found a good bible based Baptist church that I attended, I rededicated myself to Jesus Christ and even though I didn't have to I was baptized again to show my rededication to Christ. ( Which was submersion again )

It was then that I felt the Holy Spirit, and for the first time in my life when ever I fell ( committed a sin ) I felt the conviction inside me for that sin and telling me to repent of it and no longer walk in that sin. From here on the Holy Spirit guides me and tells me when to not to do something.
 
God does not have to think anything as he already knows all....both past, present and future......:)

and No to the last statement......

To know what God thinks is crucial in understanding your own personal baptism, if he even looks at your baptism worthy. In his eyes I would want to know if it was worthy.

And I don't think God looks at your future to know if your going to be baptized or the matter in any case.
 
A baby's baptism has to do with the parent's dedication to leading the child to Christ not in the child receiving the Holy Spirit as in the later baptism when the child does this for himself.
I think he was asking about a babys dedication...not baptism. Baptism works the same for babies as well for adults. Has nothing to do with age ("of accountability") or decision. Its all God's work regardless of the recipients age, decision and intellect.
 
I was actually baptized three times.

First I was baptized by total submersion in water when I was about 9, then I left the church when I was a teen do to all the you don't truthfully believe if you don't do this or that talk, and you have to give 10% tithe or you go to hell.

I then was baptized again in a Catholic church at 25 by water being sprinkled on my head, for they said you had to be baptized into their church. I then got into reading and studying the bible for myself and noticed all the discrepancies in the teachings and then left the Catholic church.

I then found a good bible based Baptist church that I attended, I rededicated myself to Jesus Christ and even though I didn't have to I was baptized again to show my rededication to Christ. ( Which was submersion again )

It was then that I felt the Holy Spirit, and for the first time in my life when ever I fell ( committed a sin ) I felt the conviction inside me for that sin and telling me to repent of it and no longer walk in that sin. From here on the Holy Spirit guides me and tells me when to not to do something.

Thats awesome of you I'm jealous
 
As an infant I was baptzed in the Catholic church.....in my early 20,s I left the Catholic church and
found the Chuch of Christ...and was baptized again in a pool on their alter....however in Florida while
at the beach I see churches here baptize in the ocean....
As far as infant baptisim ....idk.....I just think that choosing to believe is a decision one makes alone....
And not one made for them.....
Peace.......
 
I think he was asking about a babys dedication...not baptism. Baptism works the same for babies as well for adults. Has nothing to do with age ("of accountability") or decision. Its all God's work regardless of the recipients age, decision and intellect.

Do you have scriptures for that? please
 
To know what God thinks is crucial in understanding your own personal baptism, if he even looks at your baptism worthy. In his eyes I would want to know if it was worthy.

And I don't think God looks at your future to know if your going to be baptized or the matter in any case.


Don't misunderstand my point.......and please put more words into what I said and make it say something that I didn't say.....

I can know what God thinks about my immersion based upon the truth.....

And God KNEW ALL things before he cast down the world...including who would believe, who would not believe and who would have biblical water immersion...................!
 
And another thing......what I experienced as an adult coming out of that water was someting I
wouldnt want anyone to miss.....especially my child.....unexplainable joy and like a rocket was
lit under me and I couldnt wait to tell everyone.........mind and soul explosion...
 
As an infant I was baptzed in the Catholic church.....in my early 20,s I left the Catholic church and
found the Chuch of Christ...and was baptized again in a pool on their alter....however in Florida while
at the beach I see churches here baptize in the ocean....
As far as infant baptisim ....idk.....I just think that choosing to believe is a decision one makes alone....
And not one made for them.....
Peace.......

I agree

A German Protestant minister from Frankfurt informed church authorities that he henceforth would refuse "to baptize unaware children of his parish". Explaining why his own baptism as an infant was not worthy of the name baptism, 58-year-old Klaus Hoffmann said: It neither fulfilled the prerequisite of a Biblical baptism, that is faith, nor had the right symbol, namely immersion.” In support of his view, he chose to be rebaptized and thus “underwent the Biblical baptism of immersion,” reports the German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung.
At first, church officials suspended Hoffmann from all duties, but the judgment was commuted to “a leave of three months for research purposes.” With what results? The newspaper reports that his further research on the matter only confirmed “that within the Bible there is no support for infant baptism. Also, writings of the first Christians are silent as to the introduction of this act until the third century.”
Not surprisingly, religious authorities cite tradition as the basis for this act. However, in spite of these facts, infant baptism continues to be practiced throughout much of Christendom. Does such clerical support make it right? Jesus instructed his followers to baptize, not babies, but believers who were taught to keep all his commandments. He himself was not a baby but “about thirty years old” when he was immersed in the waters of the Jordan River.—Luke 3:21-23; Matthew 28:19, 20.
 
Don't misunderstand my point.......and please put more words into what I said and make it say something that I didn't say.....

I can know what God thinks about my immersion based upon the truth.....

And God KNEW ALL things before he cast down the world...including who would believe, who would not believe and who would have biblical water immersion...................!

Where do the scriptures for that foundation come from?
 
Where do the scriptures for that foundation come from?

If you really have to ask, that tells me you don't study much.....

I will give you one of numerous scriptural proofs to the validity of my point.....you can look the rest up for yourself!

Jeremiah 1:5...BEFORE I formed thee in the belly I knew thee: and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the NATIONS....

It takes more than just reading the bible or a few scriptures to learn the word of God and understand the deep nuggets to be found.......I suggest a more in depth study friend as the bible makes it clear that God knew all things before he cast down the word...including the above thoughts that you are rejecting and questioning......!
 
If you really have to ask, that tells me you don't study much.....

I will give you one of numerous scriptural proofs to the validity of my point.....you can look the rest up for yourself!

Jeremiah 1:5...BEFORE I formed thee in the belly I knew thee: and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the NATIONS....

It takes more than just reading the bible or a few scriptures to learn the word of God and understand the deep nuggets to be found.......I suggest a more in depth study friend as the bible makes it clear that God knew all things before he cast down the word...including the above thoughts that you are rejecting and questioning......!



A driver of a massive garbage truck lost control of his vehicle. The truck jumped the curb, hitting a couple and a 23-year-old man walking on the sidewalk. According to a New York City newspaper report, the couple was killed on the spot and the young man was knocked unconscious. When he woke up and saw what had happened, his first thought was: I can't believe this is happening. Please, God, let me get through this. He said, “It wasn't my time to go.”

YOU have likely heard similar stories. When a person narrowly escapes a disaster, people say, "It wasn’t his time" but when someone dies in a freak accident, they conclude, "His time has come" or "Its the will of God" Whether they attribute the outcome to fate, luck, destiny, or God, the rationale is basically the same. Many people believe that events in their life and the outcome are predetermined and that there is nothing they can do about it. And this type of reaction is by no means limited only to when death or accidents are involved, neither is it limited to this day and age.

The ancient Babylonians for example, believed that human affairs are influenced by the stars and their movements. They therefore looked to the heavens for signs and omens to guide them. The Greeks and Romans worshipped goddesses of fate, whose powers to dispense good and bad fortunes at times seemed to overshadow even the will of their chief gods, Zeus and Jupiter.

In the Orient, Hindus and Buddhists believe that what a person is presently going through is the result of what he did in a past life, and his actions in this life will determine what he will experience in the next life. Other religions including many churches in Christendom also give credence to such fatalistic beliefs by their doctrine of predestination.
It is not surprising, therefore, that even in our supposedly enlightened and objective age, many people still believe that their situation in life, the outcome of their daily affairs, and their ultimate destiny are all controlled by fate and that there is little they can do about it. Is that how you feel about life? Are life's events and incidents, successes and failures—even birth and death—really predetermined? Is your life ruled by fate?

Jesus Said at (Matthew 6:3) do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing;
God also wants to be surprised to the fact what happens in our life, and choice we make come from are heart. Knowing what future has in itself has limits. Not saying God has limits.

If you had three closed door in front of you. Do you know whats behind all three? its not until you open one of them to find out what lies behind. So he chooses to not know. Predestination is not at play in every aspect of Our lives.
 
A driver of a massive garbage truck lost control of his vehicle. The truck jumped the curb, hitting a couple and a 23-year-old man walking on the sidewalk. According to a New York City newspaper report, the couple was killed on the spot and the young man was knocked unconscious. When he woke up and saw what had happened, his first thought was: I can't believe this is happening. Please, God, let me get through this. He said, “It wasn't my time to go.”

YOU have likely heard similar stories. When a person narrowly escapes a disaster, people say, "It wasn’t his time" but when someone dies in a freak accident, they conclude, "His time has come" or "Its the will of God" Whether they attribute the outcome to fate, luck, destiny, or God, the rationale is basically the same. Many people believe that events in their life and the outcome are predetermined and that there is nothing they can do about it. And this type of reaction is by no means limited only to when death or accidents are involved, neither is it limited to this day and age.

The ancient Babylonians for example, believed that human affairs are influenced by the stars and their movements. They therefore looked to the heavens for signs and omens to guide them. The Greeks and Romans worshipped goddesses of fate, whose powers to dispense good and bad fortunes at times seemed to overshadow even the will of their chief gods, Zeus and Jupiter.

In the Orient, Hindus and Buddhists believe that what a person is presently going through is the result of what he did in a past life, and his actions in this life will determine what he will experience in the next life. Other religions including many churches in Christendom also give credence to such fatalistic beliefs by their doctrine of predestination.
It is not surprising, therefore, that even in our supposedly enlightened and objective age, many people still believe that their situation in life, the outcome of their daily affairs, and their ultimate destiny are all controlled by fate and that there is little they can do about it. Is that how you feel about life? Are life's events and incidents, successes and failures—even birth and death—really predetermined? Is your life ruled by fate?

Jesus Said at (Matthew 6:3) do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing;
God also wants to be surprised to the fact what happens in our life, and choice we make come from are heart. Knowing what future has in itself has limits. Not saying God has limits.

If you had three closed door in front of you. Do you know whats behind all three? its not until you open one of them to find out what lies behind. So he chooses to not know. Predestination is not at play in every aspect of Our lives.

No, I choose to believe what God's word teaches and Solomon under inspiration of God's spirit said...TIME and CHANCE happen to all...<---doesn't alleviate that God knows all and when it will happen.....

And Job said...The very number of our months, days and years have been pre-determined by God and he has appointed bounds that we cannot pass.....

I choose to base my beliefs on proven scripture not frivolous stories made up by men that do not bear out against the scriptures....