Does God want us to choose between law and grace?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 23, 2018
It is not my list; but as the Bible is public domain I don't see any problem provided you give the source. I have never seen any more of Christ's commandments myself. :)

http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Bible/Commands/index.htm
Several more off the top of my head.
Shake the dust off your feet
Raise the dead
In the measure you give,is the same measure you will recieve
Cleanse lepers
Heal the sick
Cast out demons
If 2 shall agree as to touching anything it shall be done.
Whatsoever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven.
Lots of commands in revelation to the 7 churches.

Jul 23, 2018
is that a COMPREHENSIVE list of all commandments given during Christ's early ministry? if that is, GREAT JOB compiling it! Can i use this?
The pauline only doctrine strongly objects to all Jesus's commands.
They say the gospels are the ot,Jesus came ONLY for the Jews,and the gospel of Jesus Christ is inferior to pauls gospel. Therefore nullifying and removing them from taking the words of Jesus seriously. ( He was not,in their minds,speaking to the church)

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
The pauline only doctrine strongly objects to all Jesus's commands.
They say the gospels are the ot,Jesus came ONLY for the Jews,and the gospel of Jesus Christ is inferior to pauls gospel. Therefore nullifying and removing them from taking the words of Jesus seriously. ( He was not,in their minds,speaking to the church)
:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Several more off the top of my head.
Shake the dust off your feet
Raise the dead
In the measure you give,is the same measure you will recieve
Cleanse lepers
Heal the sick
Cast out demons
If 2 shall agree as to touching anything it shall be done.
Whatsoever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven.
Lots of commands in revelation to the 7 churches.
Are they for all time and all people?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
"Judas hanged himself." "Go ye and do likewise." It's an example of what any clever fool can preach the Bible says if verses are taken out of context and rearraigned to fit an antichristian agenda!
judas.png

Jul 23, 2018
I thought he was referencing Christians who should know better.

Like Paul did throughout his epistles.
His main opposition was Orthodox Jews. They were under the Law.
In Galatians it was Judaizers that had crept in. Peter fearing them,joined in their hypocrisy. Peter got rebuked and paul informed that church of the correct doctrine.
I dont see such a need for paranoia of the law outside Jewish converts.
Nobody i know of preaches adherance to the law. Especially for salvation.

Most of the ones in here repeating "love" and "love thy neighbor" ,are not qualifying what that means.
It means i prefer them over myself. I make sacrifices for strangers,and others. Love means i promote them. That results in many comandments of the law being automatically being obeyed.

The Gospel of the saviour is the Gospel of sacrifice and love.
That Gospel is perfect. It is a living dbr.
Not a teaching.
Paul sought that.
He said follow me as i follow Christ.
Jesus and Paul's gospels are the same

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Specifically,what example are you referring to ?
The first 2 sentences put together of course. Judas hanged himself go ye and do likewise. Even when Jesus said if you love me keep the commandments it was after he commanded us to love one another. Love came first and comes first. I will cause us to willingly obey out of true love, not fear or duty. Love is the greatest gift according to Paul as well.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
What did Jesus say?
What did the Holy Spirit say?
Who was their word written to?
I was thinking "shake the dust from off your feet" would apply to evangelists, but not the average church goer.

Neither do I feel confident I can raise the dead.

Jul 23, 2018
The first 2 sentences put together of course. Judas hanged himself go ye and do likewise. Even when Jesus said if you love me keep the commandments it was after he commanded us to love one another. Love came first and comes first. I will cause us to willingly obey out of true love, not fear or duty. Love is the greatest gift according to Paul as well.
Oh ok
I see what you are saying

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I've done a word study of Lord. Besides God, it also refers to royalty, master, holder of a deed, ownership, etc. It's a very long list. Jesus is all of them to us and without us he still is Lord.

Jul 23, 2018
I was thinking "shake the dust from off your feet" would apply to evangelists, but not the average church goer.

Neither do I feel confident I can raise the dead.
Peter did.
I believe it is true when the ancients say " God can not use you till he hurts you deeply"

David Hogan in raymondville texas has raised over 200 from the dead. Mostly in mexico.

Its like what Jesus reported. He cold do no major miracles in nazareth.
Their unbelief was the problem.

Jul 23, 2018
I've done a word study of Lord. Besides God, it also refers to royalty, master, holder of a deed, ownership, etc. It's a very long list. Jesus is all of them to us and without us he still is Lord.
Yes
He is glorious,lovely,and beautiful beyond words

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Peter did.
I believe it is true when the ancients say " God can not use you till he hurts you deeply"

David Hogan in raymondville texas has raised over 200 from the dead. Mostly in mexico.

Its like what Jesus reported. He cold do no major miracles in nazareth.
Their unbelief was the problem.
Assuming that is true, it would have been God, working through his servant and not the man. Whereas the commandments are about how we, you and me, live our life regarding our own right standing with God, while honouring Him in our daily relationship with others.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
A lesson about the potter.
Books & Products from 'Riches in Christ'
GOD IS THE POTTER
A. Introduction: We are studying the character of God -- what God is like. Accurate knowledge of God's character is an important element in strong faith. Ps 9:10; Those who know your name trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.
Heb. 11:11 Hebrews 11:11 And by faith even Sarah, who was past childbearing age, was enabled to bear children because she[a] considered him faithful who had made the promise.
1. Many Christians struggle with trusting God because they think troubles come from God. But, the Bible is very clear. God does not do bad to His people. How do we know? Jesus tells us that and shows us that.
John 14:9; Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
Heb. 1:1-3; In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, (2) but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. (3) The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
.Matt 19:17; “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”
Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.
B. Hardships and difficulties are just here because that's life in a sin cursed earth. God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him. But God has made provision for us in difficulties. He will get us through until He gets us out.
.Isa 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isa 43: 2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze
1. God does use the hardships, trials, and difficulties of life, but He doesn't arrange them.
2. God causes the difficulties of life to serve His purposes -- maximum glory to Himself and maximum good to as many people as possible.
Rom 8:28; Eph. 1:11 28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.

God is the potter, we are the clay and the wheel is time. It takes us time to be molded to perfection in fact we develop flaws during the processes that must be molded out too. He patiently works on us We can help by removing the cotton from our ears and stuffing it in our mouths while he teaches us his ways. Our ways got him murdered yet he still came back to finish what he started in us which is to love and serve him as he sees fit.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
So, let me ask, is the true Christian, “Christ‘s-man,” going to follow Jesus and his teaching or we going to defy him and follow a set of outmoded rules that lead ultimately to our own death and destruction?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
So, let me ask, is the true Christian, “Christ‘s-man,” going to follow Jesus and his teaching or we going to defy him and follow a set of outmoded rules that lead ultimately to our own death and destruction?
I choose to follow Jesus and the rules I choose to obey came from his mouth most of all. If and when rules made by men seem to contradict what he said or did, 'I' ignore them.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Like Divorce. Yes he equated divorce with adultery but he finished by saying that any man who looks upon another woman has committed adultery too.
A church I used to belong to wouldn't accept divorced people as members because they thought them all to be adulterers.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
His main opposition was Orthodox Jews. They were under the Law.
In Galatians it was Judaizers that had crept in. Peter fearing them,joined in their hypocrisy. Peter got rebuked and paul informed that church of the correct doctrine.
I dont see such a need for paranoia of the law outside Jewish converts.
Nobody i know of preaches adherance to the law. Especially for salvation.

Most of the ones in here repeating "love" and "love thy neighbor" ,are not qualifying what that means.
It means i prefer them over myself. I make sacrifices for strangers,and others. Love means i promote them. That results in many comandments of the law being automatically being obeyed.

The Gospel of the saviour is the Gospel of sacrifice and love.
That Gospel is perfect. It is a living dbr.
Not a teaching.
Paul sought that.
He said follow me as i follow Christ.
Jesus and Paul's gospels are the same
Paul wasn't sent to Orthodox Jews. It is the Lord Jesus who was preaching to Orthodox Jews. Not that what the Lord Jesus says is not applicable to us, because it is. But its kind of important to remember the audience that is being spoken to.

Pauls epistles aren't for Orthodox Jews. They're for Christians. Christians who think they have gained extra wisdom through their understanding of the law given by Moses.

The Christians wisdom is from the Lord Jesus Christ. Paul explains and expounds on that wisdom given to us. Paul is not contradicting the Lord Jesus but Paul is also not teaching Orthodox Jews. Paul is teaching baby Christians who don't know better.