Does it seem like it's not working?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I recently began teaching a series on marriage.

My core point of the session, ‘Marriage is God’s idea and therefore it has to work.’
This concept can be traced back to the beginning in the book of Genesis where God finished the process of creation. That is the time God instituted the marriage covenant. The Bible records, “Male and Female, He created them”.

God then told the first couple to take possession, authority, and dominion over all the earth and be successful and win.

God approved of His creation by confirming it ‘Good’. Yet, something went wrong. It didn’t seem like it was working until God decided to work out a solution.

God began looking for people through whom He could demonstrate that what He has created will work. He found people like Abraham and Sarah. Boaz and Ruth. Couples who were not perfect. Couples who seemed like a mismatch. Yet, God brought about perfect outcomes even out of those alliances. God continued to lead them and guide them because He had invested much into the idea of marriage.

Then God decided to re-invest into His creation by sending Jesus to equip us further and to reinforce His first plan, His first message to His created couple “be fruitful, multiply, take possession, authority and dominion, be successful and win.’

Was it easy on Jesus to relay and carry out the message? Certainly not.

It placed a heavy demand on many disciplines. The discipline of prayer. The discipline of fasting. The discipline of faith and trust in God. And so much more.

When Jesus first began, He began with a period of fasting and praying.

Yet, Satan showed up with his tormenting temptations.

It might have seemed like it wasn’t working. It called for a courageous fight to overcome the enemy and win.

Beginning with the first test Jesus endured much, temptation, opposition, criticism.

Standing up to it all demanded early morning prayer, relying on the power of the Holy Spirit, rebuking storms, overcoming rejection, betrayal, and false accusations.

In spite of everything, Jesus always moved forward with His mission.

In Jesus, God found the perfect mediator to restore the plan and purpose of the marriage covenant and reaffirm a powerful message ‘what God has put together let no man put asunder’.

Marriage was and still is one of God’s greatest ideas. That’s why it will work.

It’s Valentine’s Day today and I thought of sharing a message around marriage, but I believe, this message is applicable in every situation. It applies to your dreams, your longings, your plans, your business, your family, your career, your relationships, your success, your health and everything else concerning your life.

Is there a delay in finding your answer in any area?

Does it seem like things are not working?

Stay persistent. Keep Pressing on. Involve God in all things. All things where God is involved will work for you.

Dymes

Dec 11, 2016
Hmmm
God approved of His creation by confirming it ‘Good’. Yet, something went wrong. It didn’t seem like it was working until God decided to work out a solution.

God began looking for people through whom He could demonstrate that what He has created will work. He found people like Abraham and Sarah.
This part bothers me. The "something" went wrong. And the "God went looking for people to demonstrate what He created will work." Could you explain this in a bit more detail?

Hmmm

This part bothers me. The "something" went wrong. And the "God went looking for people to demonstrate what He created will work." Could you explain this in a bit more detail?
Thank you for your comment. Let me try to reply to your query as below:
God's plans are always perfect . However in the garden of Eden the enemy sneaked in to corrupt their mindset
God called Abraham to walk in holiness with Him and promised great blessings Abraham believed God and God displayed His great power through Abraham
God gave him a son in old age and established a covenant through his son Isaac
God looked for a man like David who would believe that God can give His people victory over the giant problem and
God called David a man after His own heart and God displayed His great power through David
God saw that Ruth the moabitess saw that there was something greater about Naomi's God and she wanted Naomi's God and her people.
God blessed Ruth greatly and displayed God's great power through her

So it's a lot about believing in His power no matter what the situation around looks like and waiting on His promises acting on His instruction
and we can see God's great plan coming to pass in our life too.
Hope this helps and please do let me know of any other question I can help you with.
Blessings to you.
Sophie

Dymes

Dec 11, 2016
Thank you for your comment. Let me try to reply to your query as below:
God's plans are always perfect . However in the garden of Eden the enemy sneaked in to corrupt their mindset
God called Abraham to walk in holiness with Him and promised great blessings Abraham believed God and God displayed His great power through Abraham
God gave him a son in old age and established a covenant through his son Isaac
God looked for a man like David who would believe that God can give His people victory over the giant problem and
God called David a man after His own heart and God displayed His great power through David
God saw that Ruth the moabitess saw that there was something greater about Naomi's God and she wanted Naomi's God and her people.
God blessed Ruth greatly and displayed God's great power through her

So it's a lot about believing in His power no matter what the situation around looks like and waiting on His promises acting on His instruction
and we can see God's great plan coming to pass in our life too.
Hope this helps and please do let me know of any other question I can help you with.
Blessings to you.
Sophie
So basically your teaching on marriage is this, it is God's plan. If you believe in His promises and His power it must work? Is that what you were basically saying in the original post?