Does Jesus call you "friend"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Crossfire

Doesn't matter what denomination we are folks just as long as we humbly & passionately pursue Christ in the hopes of becoming like Him. If He is our focus then unity will follow. If not in this life then definitely in the next. :)

superdave5221

Jul 28, 2009
No, i am just teasing, any nice scenery on these forums is a breath fresh air.
Yep, I love the mountains around here. This earth is so beautiful to look at. The best way to see it, in my opinion at least, is on a bicycle.

Jesus said that He was going to prepare a place for us. It is beyond my comprehension what that is going to be like!!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Doesn't matter what denomination we are folks just as long as we humbly & passionately pursue Christ in the hopes of becoming like Him. If He is our focus then unity will follow. If not in this life then definitely in the next. :)
THat's right, if only people believed His Word they'd all be Lutherans. :p

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
"The one who says that he abides in him (Christ) must live the same way he himself lived." - 1 John 2:6

Just because you may have met someone and talk to them on occasion doesn't mean you really know them. While you may be somewhat acquainted them, it doesn't mean you are actually friends.

A lot of professing Christians today seem to think that just because they've read / studied Jesus' biography and can recite a couple of His teachings that they actually know Him. The truth is they are no better off than a teenage girl with a crush on the latest pop music teen heart throb. Sure she may know a lot about him from reading up on him and may be able to sing all of his songs by heart, but that does not mean that she can just waltz backstage at a concert and strut into his dressing room as if she was a family member.

While the Bible itself may be considered our "ticket" to the concert, it is not a backstage pass nor does it give us access to Jesus' "dressing room". You can only gain access to the intimate places through authentic faith, a faith which inspires humility, prayer and repentance.

Scripture teaches us that we can tell true Christians from the counterfeit because the authentic have spent so much time in the presence of God that His nature literally becomes their own. Then and only then does Jesus call you "friend".
This reminds me of a poem of mine I posted about a week ago on the Poetry forum called...DRINK

the best of pipes were sought and found,
each were laid perfectly along the ground.
fitted together with seam tight perfection,
up to the faucet was made the connection.
a beautiful array of copper, from the main to the sink,
but all to no avail, til the studied one would drink.

Last edited:
C

Crossfire

THat's right, if only people believed His Word they'd all be Lutherans. :p
Are you saying we shouldn't take the Word of God literally?

I'm teasing...

:cool:

L

Laodicea

John 15:10-14 KJV
(10) If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
(11) These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
(12) This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
(13) Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
(14) Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
crossfire you have the right heartbeat dont let no one deceive you by any means in the church we have a great apostacy a double minded hearted believer we must live as jesus did to our best of our ability taking advantage of all the spiritual gifts amentoday to live holy for he is holy also read ephesians 2:11

Last edited: