Does Jesus Christ save everyone who believes that Jesus Christ is the Messiah?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Does Jesus Christ save everyone who believes that Jesus Christ is the Messiah?

• Jesus Christ saves no one.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MerSee

Jan 13, 2024
The Bible says nothing about believing "correctly". Also "Messiah" is not the correct term either. It is "the Lord Jesus Christ". The Bible says "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved". And that also includes repentance. So your poll -- as usual -- is simply misleading. And then to have an option "Jesus Christ saves no one" is rather silly. Instead of posting polls you should be asking questions.
Do you believe that Believing sound doctrine is believing correctly or believing incorrectly?

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Do you agree with the first poll option?
Do you believe that Believing sound doctrine is believing correctly or believing incorrectly?
Hello again MerSee, this is still up in the air for me, so my answer, for now, will have to be, "yes" or "no", depending on how "believing correctly" is finally defined.

Here's the thing, at least as I see it, demons know "sound doctrine" (better than we do), and they also know that it's true. IOW, they know who the Lord Jesus Christ really is, they know why He came here and all that He did for us, they believe that it's all true (incl. what their eternal fate will be), and they shudder because they do .. e.g. James 2:19.

My point is, there has to be something ~more~ to salvation than knowing the facts and believing that they are true, because demons do as much! So, my question is, what is the "something more" that has been left unsaid, or are you simply saying that "believing correctly" means nothing more than "believing sound doctrine", period :unsure:

Thanks!

God bless you!!

~Deuteronomy (David)
Matthew 8 (Mark 5:7)
29 “What do You want with us, Son of God? “Have You come here to torture us before the appointed time?
30 In the distance a large herd of pigs was feeding.
31 So the demons begged Jesus, “If You drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.”
32“Go!” He told them. So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea and died in the waters.”

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Uh- oh!

This thread and question is starting to sound VERY familiar to the member who has made accounts and subsequently been dispatched here several times.

Have you been here before under a different name?

MerSee

Jan 13, 2024
Uh- oh!

This thread and question is starting to sound VERY familiar to the member who has made accounts and subsequently been dispatched here several times.

Have you been here before under a different name?
Paranoia will destroy you.

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
Is salvation universal for all who believe correctly that Jesus Christ is the Messiah?

Did you ever consider that YOU don't believe correctly that Jesus Christ is the Messiah?

You have to ask yourself that. You don't believe that Jesus died so that everyone has the opportunity to receive His free gift of salvation. So you believe in another Jesus who only choose a specific group of people. That Jesus doesn't exist. So YOU aren't believing correctly in the right Jesus.

🥙

MerSee

Jan 13, 2024
Did you ever consider that YOU don't believe correctly that Jesus Christ is the Messiah?

You have to ask yourself that. You don't believe that Jesus died so that everyone has the opportunity to receive His free gift of salvation. So you believe in another Jesus who only choose a specific group of people. That Jesus doesn't exist. So YOU aren't believing correctly in the right Jesus.

🥙
I Absolutely believe sound doctrine of Jesus Christ. :)

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
I too have to wonder about "believe correctly". You seem to have a thought on this already.

Did not God in Samuel say man only sees the flesh "But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”

Right there.. God does not see as man sees. So if no man can see the heart.. then your question can only be answered by Him and He is not going to share. How many did Christ Himself show up in spirit telling them I am the way the truth and the life vs hearing some guy/gal on the corner or at Church or over hearing someone talk about how Christ loves them and believes.

So "who's correct" Jesus/doctrine are we running with here? I personally am under the belief most are bind and have no sin. Some say they see so their sin is still there. We do tend to judge based on only what we see and hear and feel