Does Jesus Ever Forgive Those Who Are Not Sorry

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Owning one's guilt? Where does it say that?

2 Corinthians 7:10 ~ Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation without regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.
indeed paul had made known thier sin in his first letter and scolded them harshly , this made them sorry for what they had been doing and caused thier repentance and zeal to prove themselves clear in the matter.

pauls explaining to them his letter made them sorry because he harshly rebuked them for thier sin pointing out what they were doing and then this made them sorry for what they had been doing which led to repentance and the zeal to show themselves clear.

if they had never been told by Paul that what they were doing was sinful they never would have been sorry or repented because they would have thought that what the man was doing was fine like they originally thought until he made known the issues and group problem they had and the need to correct it he told them several harsh things in his original letter

“It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you. Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭5:1-2, 6-8, KJV‬‬

“Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭6:8-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

He rebuked them harshly several times even telling them this of the offender

“It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife. For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, to deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh,

that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭5:1, 3-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

But the second epistle later Paul is sent angry any more because he’s seen and heard that the people were repenting sincerely over it. And so the second letter

“For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not repent, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season.

Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing. For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭7:8-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Paul is actually telling them he is now boasting of thier obedience now they he’s heard of by bier repentance because of his warnings in the first epistle . Sometimes a good person just needs to know that what they are doing is offensive to God and then they will repent but if they never know they may never feel sorry or guilty ……but also they would never repent either not knowing it was wrong

sorrow can be used from God to redeem us through sorrow of heart and repentance but also the worlds sorrow can consume us as we see in Paul’s second epistle where he is telling them to now forgive the man they had exiled

“For if I make you sorry, who is he then that maketh me glad, but the same which is made sorry by me? And I wrote this same unto you, lest, when I came, I should have sorrow from them of whom I ought to rejoice; having confidence in you all, that my joy is the joy of you all. For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote unto you with many tears; not that ye should be grieved, but that ye might know the love which I have more abundantly unto you. But if any have caused grief, he hath not grieved me, but in part: that I may not overcharge you all. Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many.

So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow. Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him. For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭2:2-9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Paul is such a loving example of a Christian I hope to meet him one day and recognize him I have alot to ask. His epistles when we read them as a whole letter really show stories and ways of God for the redemption of us as we stumble and fall and grow through the process of repentance

the only way to begin that process is to foret acknolwedge our own transgressions to have them made known , if we don’t already and this would be the current service of Moses law , and the commandments to show humans that we’re all sinners without an excuse before God.

“Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:19-20‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Then we can repent because we become sorry knowing we’ve done wrong

Oct 24, 2012
They do know sin and heresies are evil.
My obedience to this day, is still not perfect. Father’s grace through risen Son stands sufficient. Never mean to take this gift for granted as the Corinthians did. And is the reason Paul wrote to them, they were harming one another, fighting and arguing over stuff, and not having compassion for one another.
‘stop, see to not harm others. Stand trust to God and see if you are called as in Gal 6 tells us about it. Re-read 1 Cor. 3

Oct 24, 2012
Yes, saving faith is an easy act of will, but people make it hard when they “kick against the prick”.
Remain there in the easy. We are only asked to trust Father of risen Son only. The only one to this day still good.
Ask Father for the new mind set, how to deal. Read Proverbs 15 about wrath and how it sneaks in quickly in any situation you might be in presently . Read Phil 1:6 trust, by belief continued not earned it is given. Read Phil 3. Put no trust in self or any other flesh. .Jesus didn’t and those in charge went after him. He did not fight back, only spoke truth as told to speak from Father.
” The art of fighting without fighting” he went willingly to death. Only to make an open spectacle of those in-charge then. When he was seen risen, alive in flesh revealed in Col 2.
amazing grace” the art of fighting without fighting”
‘is the same for the born again children of God
entering his courts with thanksgiving and praise, all sin today and forever taken away as far as the east is from the west, done by Son once for all.
wow, woe is me as in Isaiah 6:1-7, John 19:30, Hebrews 9:14-17

Oct 3, 2024
My obedience to this day, is still not perfect. Father’s grace through risen Son stands sufficient. Never mean to take this gift for granted as the Corinthians did. And is the reason Paul wrote to them, they were harming one another, fighting and arguing over stuff, and not having compassion for one another.
‘stop, see to not harm others. Stand trust to God and see if you are called as in Gal 6 tells us about it. Re-read 1 Cor. 3
Jesus will never forgive the unrepentant sins of those in willful heresy.

Oct 24, 2012
Jesus will never forgive the unrepentant sins of those in willful heresy.
Do you, still sin, have you still sinned?
are you no longer forgiven if you sin willfully.? Wilson come back here to earth to go to another cross? Was his cross not sufficient?
I am not promoting anyone to sin, nor am I promoting anyone else can stop sin100%. If anyone can then God’s grace given is not sufficient
if one can then that one will not need him

2 Corinthians 10:6
and having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when yourobedience is fulfilled.
Mine is not fulfilled, I need God 24/7 daily to lead not me

Philippians 3:4
Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

Philippians 3:1-3

Authorized (King James) Version

3 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe. 2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. 3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

‘Paul gave up the literal Law to win the risen savior Jesus the way, the truth being given the new life in God’s Spirit the Holy Spirit
this is to love all as in 1 Cor 13:4-7. Thanks

Oct 19, 2024
Remain there in the easy. We are only asked to trust Father of risen Son only. The only one to this day still good.
Ask Father for the new mind set, how to deal. Read Proverbs 15 about wrath and how it sneaks in quickly in any situation you might be in presently . Read Phil 1:6 trust, by belief continued not earned it is given. Read Phil 3. Put no trust in self or any other flesh. .Jesus didn’t and those in charge went after him. He did not fight back, only spoke truth as told to speak from Father.
” The art of fighting without fighting” he went willingly to death. Only to make an open spectacle of those in-charge then. When he was seen risen, alive in flesh revealed in Col 2.
amazing grace” the art of fighting without fighting”
‘is the same for the born again children of God
entering his courts with thanksgiving and praise, all sin today and forever taken away as far as the east is from the west, done by Son once for all.
wow, woe is me as in Isaiah 6:1-7, John 19:30, Hebrews 9:14-17
We begin with the easy acceptance of God's grace, but then until the end we should strive to live in accordance with the rest of God's Word regarding various moral issues, which necessitates the effort of learning and applying.

Oct 24, 2012
We begin with the easy acceptance of God's grace, but then until the end we should strive to live in accordance with the rest of God's Word regarding various moral issues, which necessitates the effort of learning and applying.
Actually that brings forth sin in us as did the First Chosen. They received and became much worse in trying to do and made up more Laws in trying to get it right and could not get it. Could not see it is Love that overcomes Evil period God's love of 1 Cor. 13:4-7. This is what no other can do that is done already by Son for us all on the cross for us to believe he is risen we are forgiven (reconciled) and cross over with him in his resurrection too, presently in God's Spirit an dTruth too, thank you

Oct 19, 2024
Actually that brings forth sin in us as did the First Chosen. They received and became much worse in trying to do and made up more Laws in trying to get it right and could not get it. Could not see it is Love that overcomes Evil period God's love of 1 Cor. 13:4-7. This is what no other can do that is done already by Son for us all on the cross for us to believe he is risen we are forgiven (reconciled) and cross over with him in his resurrection too, presently in God's Spirit an dTruth too, thank you
If "that" refers to striving to live in accordance with the rest of God's Word regarding various moral issues, which necessitates the effort of learning and applying, then I can only say that "that" is stated by God's Word in such places as MT 4:4 (Man lives on every word that comes from the mouth of God) and EPH 4:11-13 (abbreviated): "God gave some to be... pastors and teachers to prepare God's people for works of service... until we all reach unity in the faith... and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ."

Oct 24, 2012
If "that" refers to striving to live in accordance with the rest of God's Word regarding various moral issues, which necessitates the effort of learning and applying, then I can only say that "that" is stated by God's Word in such places as MT 4:4 (Man lives on every word that comes from the mouth of God) and EPH 4:11-13 (abbreviated): "God gave some to be... pastors and teachers to prepare God's people for works of service... until we all reach unity in the faith... and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ."
Amen we each to be in our call from God, not man, ever

Living Bible

Whatever happens, dear friends, be glad in the Lord. I never get tired of telling you this, and it is good for you to hear it again and again.
Watch out for those wicked men—dangerous dogs, I call them—who say you must be circumcised to be saved. For it isn’t the cutting of our bodies that makes us children of God; it is worshiping him with our spirits. That is the only true “circumcision.” We Christians glory in what Christ Jesus has done for us and realize that we are helpless to save ourselves.

the circumcised, then was what the problem then was, and it is much more that that alone today, mixing Law and Grace as if water and oil naturally mix, they do not, put water and oil in a glass and see it not mix. Then seal the top shake it up and see it mix
then let it settle back down and it separates
seeing religion now, get all excited, then go home and it does not stay mixed, unless it be from Gods Father and risen Son themselves truthfully in you be your true belief to see the trees and the fake fruit
I once went to a grove of trees that looks good, took bites and got a mouthful of wax
Discern ask Father in risen Son and one does, gets the Answer, (Rhema) from God personally and see as in. (Matthew 10:16-20) (Luke 21:14-15)

Sep 2, 2020
Yes some think grace means …. Now you don’t need to do anything he said you need to do. Which leads to thoughts like” actually trying to do good leads to sin “