Does my Bible follow Pharisee, Rabbinical or Judaism Laws?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Today's English Version - Preface

" Following an ancient tradition...begun by the first translation of the Hebrew Scriptures (the Septuagint) and followed by the vast majority of English translations, the distinctive Hebrew name for God (usually transliterated Jehovah or Yahweh), is in this translation represented by "LORD." When Adonai, normally translated "Lord," occurs preposed to Yahweh, the combination is rendered by the phrase "Sovereign LORD."
 
The World English Bible - Preface

"The World English Bible main edition translates God’s Proper Name in the Old Testament as “Yahweh.” The Messianic Edition and the British Edition of the World English Bible translates the same name as “LORD” (all capital letters), or when used with “Lord” (mixed case, translated from “Adonai”,) GOD. There are solid translational arguments for both traditions."
 
lets' see....what stumbling block shall I create today?

oh wait! I know!

let's argue about God's Name...cause we have never done that

that way, I can flash my nit picker awards all around, the magnificent glow of which, will blind people and they will heartily agree with my vast array of knowledge hand picked from various sources that agree with my opinions

sounds like a plan

only it never quite gives the author the satisfaction he/she was hoping for

:p
 
lets' see....what stumbling block shall I create today?

oh wait! I know!

let's argue about God's Name...cause we have never done that

that way, I can flash my nit picker awards all around, the magnificent glow of which, will blind people and they will heartily agree with my vast array of knowledge hand picked from various sources that agree with my opinions

sounds like a plan

only it never quite gives the author the satisfaction he/she was hoping for

:p

SO exposing a Judaisim/Pharisee law that is commonly accepted is a stumbling block? WOW.

Ephesians 5:11, "Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them."

Psalm 113:1-3, "Praise Yah! Praise, O servants of יהוה, Praise the Name of יהוה ! Blessed be the Name of יהוה, Now and forever! From the rising of the sun to its going down, The Name of יהוה is praised.”


Exodus 3:14-15, "Then YHWH said to Mosheh: I am Who I am. And He said: This is what you are to say to the children of Israyl; the I am has sent me to you. YHWH also said to Mosheh: This also shall you say to the children of Israyl; YHWH, the Heavenly Father of your fathers, the Mighty One of Abraham, the Mighty One of Isaac, and the Mighty One of Yaaqob, has sent me to you. THIS IS MY NAME FOREVER-- and this is MY MEMORIAL: the Name by which I am to be remembered by, from generation to generation, for all generations."



Isayah 42:8, "I am YHWH, that is MY NAME; and My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to graven images."


Micahyah (Micah) 4:5, "For all people walk each in the name of his god (430 - elohim), but we will walk in the Name of YHWH (3068 - Yhvh) our Father forever and ever."
 
Yeremyah 16:19-21, "O YHWH, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles will come to You from the ends of the earth, and will say: Surely our fathers have inherited nothing but lies and vanity of no use at all! Do men make gods for themselves? Yes, but they are powerless! Therefore behold, I will make them to know--this time I will teach them My power and might; and they will know that My Name is YHWH!"
 
lets' see....what stumbling block shall I create today?

oh wait! I know!

let's argue about God's Name...cause we have never done that

that way, I can flash my nit picker awards all around, the magnificent glow of which, will blind people and they will heartily agree with my vast array of knowledge hand picked from various sources that agree with my opinions

sounds like a plan

only it never quite gives the author the satisfaction he/she was hoping for

:p

I have to add,

Is this not the Bible Discussion Forum?

How is the truth a stumbling block?

Is it possible you don't know my intention, and my intention is not bad but rather to give glory to His name?
 
Hizikyah,

Thanks so much for this lesson and taking the time to explain everything to us. I have read some of the history of the church and when the church became more gentilized, for some reason they wanted to get rid of the Jewishness of the faith. I believe that's one of the reasons that we don't use the name, Yahweh and why bibles don't actually print his name.

And for those who've responded, it's not that you can't say Lord God Almighty, Father, Lord, God, Elohim, Adoni, etc. or any other titles given to our Heavenly Father. But knowing and using Yahweh as our God's name is a good thing. Before God met with Moses, the Jews didn't know the name of their God.

But Yahweh wanted them to know His name because He's the One and only God of the universe. He's the Creator God. All others are false gods so He differentiated His name from all the rest of the names of the pagan gods.

I AM THAT I AM - YHWH - Yahweh . . . God said to Moses to say that Yahweh sent him (to the Israelites).

When I first found out that God had an actual name, I got excited because it separated Him from all the other Gods. Yahweh makes Himself more personal by giving us His precious holy name.
 
Hizikyah,

Thanks so much for this lesson and taking the time to explain everything to us. I have read some of the history of the church and when the church became more gentilized, for some reason they wanted to get rid of the Jewishness of the faith. I believe that's one of the reasons that we don't use the name, Yahweh and why bibles don't actually print his name.

And for those who've responded, it's not that you can't say Lord God Almighty, Father, Lord, God, Elohim, Adoni, etc. or any other titles given to our Heavenly Father. But knowing and using Yahweh as our God's name is a good thing. Before God met with Moses, the Jews didn't know the name of their God.

But Yahweh wanted them to know His name because He's the One and only God of the universe. He's the Creator God. All others are false gods so He differentiated His name from all the rest of the names of the pagan gods.

I AM THAT I AM - YHWH - Yahweh . . . God said to Moses to say that Yahweh sent him (to the Israelites).

When I first found out that God had an actual name, I got excited because it separated Him from all the other Gods. Yahweh makes Himself more personal by giving us His precious holy name.

Thank you for explaining you are taking joy in this, as I also had great joy when I found out and proclaim His name, I did not accept it right away, but after prayer and study I found it gave me a more direct and personal way to call upon Him, for that I am thankful. There is so much more to dwell on concerning His name, behind it, the history, His likeness, etc. I think it a basic principle here, that may be joyfully dwelled upon on a much deeper level, may YHWH guide us all! May His face and salvation shine upon us!

Psalm 86:8-11, "There is none like You among the gods O YHWH, and there are no works like Your works. All the nations, which You have made, will come and worship in front of You, O YHWH, and glorify Your Name. For You are great and do wondrous things; You Alone, O YHWH, are our Father. Teach us Your way, O YHWH, and we will walk in Your truth! Make us one in heart; a unity, to reverence Your Name!"


Psalm 148:1-6, "HalleluYHWH! Praise (YHWH) from the heavens! Praise (YHWH) in the heights! Praise (YHWH), all His malakim (angels)! Praise (YHWH), all His hosts! Praise (YHWH), sun and moon! Praise (YHWH), all you stars of light! Praise (YHWH), you heavens of heavens, and you waters above the heavens! Let them praise the Name of YHWH; for He commanded and they were created! He has also established them forever and ever; He has made a decree which will not pass away."


Psalm 9:10, "They that know Your Name will put their trust in You! Those who seek You, You will not forsake!"




Malakyah 3:16, "Then those who reverenced YHWH spoke often one to another, and YHWH paid attention and heard them; and a Book of Remembrance was written in His presence of those who gave reverence to YHWH, and who thought uponHis Name."
 
SO exposing a Judaisim/Pharisee law that is commonly accepted is a stumbling block? WOW.

Ephesians 5:11, "Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them."

Psalm 113:1-3, "Praise Yah! Praise, O servants of יהוה, Praise the Name of יהוה ! Blessed be the Name of יהוה, Now and forever! From the rising of the sun to its going down, The Name of יהוה is praised.”


Exodus 3:14-15, "Then YHWH said to Mosheh: I am Who I am. And He said: This is what you are to say to the children of Israyl; the I am has sent me to you. YHWH also said to Mosheh: This also shall you say to the children of Israyl; YHWH, the Heavenly Father of your fathers, the Mighty One of Abraham, the Mighty One of Isaac, and the Mighty One of Yaaqob, has sent me to you. THIS IS MY NAME FOREVER-- and this is MY MEMORIAL: the Name by which I am to be remembered by, from generation to generation, for all generations."



Isayah 42:8, "I am YHWH, that is MY NAME; and My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to graven images."


Micahyah (Micah) 4:5, "For all people walk each in the name of his god (430 - elohim), but we will walk in the Name of YHWH (3068 - Yhvh) our Father forever and ever."


yes...WOW

Jesus is Lord

and when I pray I pray IN His Name and I call God my Heavenly Father

stumbling blocks are created to hide the simplicity of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ and people get their knickers in a knot over the all kinds of things

like the name of God for instance

the only law in this thread is the one you seem very intent on creating

that would be the law where you are correct and everyone else is wrong

oh WOW....:o
 
I have to add,

Is this not the Bible Discussion Forum?

How is the truth a stumbling block?

Is it possible you don't know my intention, and my intention is not bad but rather to give glory to His name?




oh

I thought it was to give notice to your 'superior' expository skills

Ephesians 5:11, "Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them."

that verse has NOTHING to do with how we address God.. NOTHING

there have been quite a few everyone but me has the name of God wrong threads

this is just another prime example of another one

and that's the truth...that you will not agree with

wow
 
you know, a person can use every name they think is the right one

but God still looks on the heart

who was Abram worshiping when God called him? Not 'I AM'

you strain at a gnat and swallow a camel

the lips are not what makes a person clean...the blood of Christ applied to the heart makes us clean

concentrating on appearance is the concern of those who are concerned with what men think of their mode of worship

and brow beating all those who know better, is typical of those who think they are about to engage everyone in a lesson on some deep and profound truth that does absolutely NOTHING to bring anyone closer to their SAVIOR
 
yes...WOW

Jesus is Lord

and when I pray I pray IN His Name and I call God my Heavenly Father

stumbling blocks are created to hide the simplicity of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ and people get their knickers in a knot over the all kinds of things

like the name of God for instance

the only law in this thread is the one you seem very intent on creating

that would be the law where you are correct and everyone else is wrong

oh WOW....:o

Do we ever stop to think if it's important to Him, or is just up to us and no cares for what He says?

Isayah 42:8, "I am YHWH, that is MY NAME; and My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to graven images."



3 You shall not take the Name of YHWH your Heavenly Father to bring it to nothing, for YHWH will not hold him guiltless who brings dishonor upon or profanes His Name.

7723 - shav
shav: emptiness, vanity - Original Word: שָׁוְא - Part of Speech: Noun Masculine - Transliteration: shav - Phonetic Spelling: (shawv) - Short Definition: vain

7723 - shav
NAS Exhaustive Concordance - Word Origin from an unused word - Definition: emptiness, vanity

7723 - shav
Brown-Driver-Briggs שָׁוְא noun [masculine] emptiness, vanity

7723 - shav
Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
1) emptiness, vanity, falsehood - 1a) emptiness, nothingness, vanity - 1b) emptiness of speech, lying - 1c) worthlessness (of conduct)

I thought it was to give notice to your 'superior' expository skills

Why is it personal, and not Scriptual focused...

oh

I thought it was to give notice to your 'superior' expository skills


that verse has NOTHING to do with how we address God.. NOTHING

there have been quite a few everyone but me has the name of God wrong threads

this is just another prime example of another one

and that's the truth...that you will not agree with

wow

I posted this verse:

Ephesians 5:11, "Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them."

Because;

Yeremyah 23:26-27, "How long will this be in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies? Yes, they are prophets of the deceit of their own minds; Who devise; plan and scheme, to cause My people to forget My Name through their dreams, which they tell every man to his neighbor, just as their fathers have forgotten My Name for Baal (Lord)."



BAAL (DEITY) [Hebrew - baal] . Canaanite storm and fertility god. The name, which means “lord, ” is an epithet of the god Hadad (lit. “thunderer” ). Well-known from the OT, he is now extremely well-attested in the Ugaritic texts, in addition to being mentioned in other ancient texts. (Freedman, David Noel: The Anchor Bible Dictionary. New York : Doubleday, 1996, c1992, S. 1:546)


BA´AL (ba'al; Heb. baal, “lord, possessor”).
1. A common name for god among the Phoenicians; also the name of their chief male god. See Gods, False.
(Unger, Merrill Frederick ; Harrison, R. K. ; Vos, Howard Frederic ; Barber, Cyril J. ; Unger, Merrill Frederick: The New Unger's Bible Dictionary. Rev. and updated ed. Chicago : Moody Press, 1988)



you know, a person can use every name they think is the right one

but God still looks on the heart

who was Abram worshiping when God called him? Not 'I AM'

you strain at a gnat and swallow a camel

the lips are not what makes a person clean...the blood of Christ applied to the heart makes us clean

concentrating on appearance is the concern of those who are concerned with what men think of their mode of worship

and brow beating all those who know better, is typical of those who think they are about to engage everyone in a lesson on some deep and profound truth that does absolutely NOTHING to bring anyone closer to their SAVIOR

The verse that say, by my name Abram did not know, mistranslation, by my name was I not knon is correcet, as it is in the Hebrew and it's also in Scripture, as if he didnt know Yah's name, then there is a contradiction....


Genesis 12:8, "And he went from there to the hill east of Beth El, and he pitched his tent there; Beth El was to the west of him, and Ai was to the east. There he built an altar to YHWH, and there he prayed with the Name of YHWH."

and no doubt the heart is the most important, faith and walk, howver how is me proclaiming the name of the Most High a bad thing? abd factually speaking it has been removed from the text, which is wrong, yet speaking it gets one spoken bad of... His real name....

Psalm 105:1, "Give thanks to YHWH! Call upon His Name! Make known what He has done among the nations!"


Isayah 47:4, "Our Redeemer, YHWH of hosts is His Name, the Holy One of Israyl!"

Yeremyah 16:19-21, "O YHWH, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles will come to You from the ends of the earth, and will say: Surely our fathers have inherited nothing but lies and vanity of no use at all! Do men make gods for themselves? Yes, but they are powerless! Therefore behold, I will make them to know--this time I will teach them My power and might; and they will know that My Name is YHWH!"

Psalm 116:13, "We will take the cup of salvation, and we will call upon Your Name, O YHWH."


Psalm 5:11, "But let all those who trust in You rejoice! Let them ever shout for joy, because of Your protection of them! Let those who love Your Name, YHWH, be joyful in You!"



Joel 2:32, And it shall be that everyone who calls on the Name of יהוה shall be delivered. For on Mount Tsiyon and in Yerushalayim there shall be an escape as יהוה has said, and among the survivors whom יהוה calls.”


Acts 2:21, “And it shall be that everyone who calls on the Name of יהוה shall be saved.”




Zephanyah 3:9, "Yes, at that time I will return to the peoples a pure language, so that all of them may call on the Name of YHWH, and serve Him with one accord."
 
Does my Bible follow Pharisee, Rabbinical or Judaism Laws?


the above is the op

Do we ever stop to think if it's important to Him, or is just up to us and no cares for what He says?

I think about what is important to God every single day of my life

I don't know about you, but I don't need to impress God

I am impressed by God

and no doubt the heart is the most important, faith and walk, howver how is me proclaiming the name of the Most High a bad thing? abd factually speaking it has been removed from the text, which is wrong, yet speaking it gets one spoken bad of... His real name..

you are fabricating and assuming things here

string together a bunch of verses and tell everyone we need to call God only the name you believe is the right one

then you make false accusations...insinuating that others are objecting to that

so if no one else reads the thread, they must therefore, by your considerations, be devoid of understanding and guilty of insulting God

do you know how ridiculous that sounds?
 
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Hizikyah
Many may not know that the majority of modern translations follow a Pharisee/Rabbinical/Judaism law going back as far as 310-199 B.C. Nowhere does the Creator of the heavens and earth say to hide His name, but rather to proclaim it. It is purely an invention of Judaism, yet I get called a Judaizer for using His name, when in reality, those who replace YHWH with the Lord/God are actually following Pharisee/Rabbinical/Judaism law. So I would like to show that most translation readily admit to this, and discuss this matter with any interested.


resurrection 33 said:
I think substituting "Lord/God" for the Lord's name is just their way of showing respect for the Lord. I never called my dad "Bert." I called him "Dad." Perhaps it is unnecessary but I see no reason to criticize them for it.

your response:

Except that the Pharisees originally did it, and they would kill people who spoke the Name, and since when did the Pharisees, who Yahshua/Jesus called serpents, respect the Most Hig?.


this is what your thread is about

and it will never make any difference in the life of those who do call upon the name of the Lord

and like I said, if someone does not read your posts, they are just as well adjusted and just as accepted in Christ as scripture states that they are

so, get all stuck and hung up and all of these things but they do not lead to salvation and God is not insulted and we should not worry to call upon His name and call Him Father

I realize you think you are proving how 'sacred' all your renderings are, but they truly are not

fine if you want to study such...and post your thoughts on these things, but telling others we all have it wrong and use the wrong name to call on God, is more your personal opinion then actual fact

I also understand it is basically useless to point that out to you..
 
Does my Bible follow Pharisee, Rabbinical or Judaism Laws?


the above is the op



I think about what is important to God every single day of my life

I don't know about you, but I don't need to impress God

I am impressed by God

If you think about what is important to the Most High every day of your life, do you want to do what is important to Him? If the answer is yes, do you believe the 10 Commandments are things tha are important to Him?


you are fabricating and assuming things here

string together a bunch of verses and tell everyone we need to call God only the name you believe is the right one

then you make false accusations...insinuating that others are objecting to that

so if no one else reads the thread, they must therefore, by your considerations, be devoid of understanding and guilty of insulting God

do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

So I am:


string together a bunch of verses and tell everyone we need to call God only the name you believe is the right one

No matter what you or I think His name is, He says in His words many many many times, My name is "____" The Hebrew reads "יהוה" in english that is "YHWH"

I dont think this is rocket science....

What does reading or not reading this thread have to do with insulting God? What are you even talking about? This is fact, the name of the Most High was removed over 6,823 times in the vast majority of english translations, because of a tradition of pharisees of judaisim.