Does the Bible prophesy a cashless society?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheNarrowPath

Jul 17, 2022
If it does, is this something Christians should be concerned about and how will you survive this period where you cannot buy or sell unless you have the mark?

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022
If it does, is this something Christians should be concerned about and how will you survive this period where you cannot buy or sell unless you have the mark?
I believe that this is what it means that no man will be able to buy and sell without the mark in Rev. 13.

I do not think that we can really seek to survive this coming tribulation in our own strength. We must be ready to lay our lives down.

Our only hope is to Seek first the Kingdom of GOD and Follow the Lamb. Seeking a better country...

Artios1

Born again to serve
Dec 11, 2020

NO ...Revelation does not apply to the Church of God

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
What if cash is the mark of the beast and we should avoid cash only purchases?

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023

I don't think believers will be here during that period.

Dec 21, 2020
What if cash is the mark of the beast and we should avoid cash only purchases?
Then one of the miracles Jesus did was rather odd.

Matt 17:27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Technically, it says you can’t buy or sell without the mark. It doesn’t specifically say you couldn’t use cash, only that you display a mark to do so.

Having said that, it probably means cashless too. And we are certainly on the precipice of removing cash with CBDCs.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
NO ...Revelation does not apply to the Church of God

Rev 1 ~
The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. 3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near.

Rev 22~
16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
hopefully the pretrib rapture proves right and we are gone...the tribulation saints, the saints who get saved after the rapture, will have to endure it though. That's why it matters all the more to get saved NOW.

Artios1

Born again to serve
Dec 11, 2020
Rev 1 ~
The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. 3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near.

Rev 22~
16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”
I am assuming that you disagree with my statement ("NO ...Revelation does not apply to the Church of God") by showing me these verses in Revelation.

Is that correct ?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Because everything for Christians is going to be free? Why are you worried? You never had to earn your salvation. It was a gift.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Does the Bible prophesy a cashless society?
When it says no one can buy or sell but those who have the mark, I don't think it means necessarily a cashless society. For example, even today you can't do anything without showing your ID. Likewise, in the future, the mark will be required before you can conduct any financial business. However, the world does seem to be moving toward a cashless system based on digital currency.

I think it will take a lot of courage to survive and stay faithful to the Lord; I'm not counting on being raptured out. People will probably barter for what they need or share with others as believers.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Then one of the miracles Jesus did was rather odd.

Matt 17:27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.
when questioned about taxes, Jesus asked something to the effect, "whose image is (engraved) on the coin?" and the "mark" in rev is explained as an 'engraving.' How do we know this hasn't already been implemented?

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
In some ways I'd prefer it to stay here for the tribulation. It'll be a golden opportunity to lead people to Christ.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
I am assuming that you disagree with my statement ("NO ...Revelation does not apply to the Church of God") by showing me these verses in Revelation.

Is that correct ?
Revelation is written to the church, about the church, for the church. If you deny that then yes I disagree.
It may be that you mean something else by "The Church of God" & I misunderstand. Please explain.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
If this is the case I have no worries...I never have any money.
Actually I believe the mark (signature) of the beast is misogyny (and there are just as many female misogynists), and I haven't noticed that on you... yet, that is :cautious:

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman...

Ted01

May 14, 2022
I wonder how folks will show their Mark for internet purchases?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Actually I believe the mark (signature) of the beast is misogyny (and there are just as many female misogynists), and I haven't noticed that on you... yet, that is :cautious:

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman...
Lol...well now I at least know how to spell misogyny and isn't the you referred to there Satan?