Does the Book of Revelation tell us that those who refuse to take the MARK of the beast will be killed?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 12, 2019
Just how many "steps" between now and the mark of the beast is yet to be seen; however, I do believe it is a step in that direction.

Of course, the "covid-19 episode", as you put it, is not strictly about the mark of the beast. There is a lot more to it than that. The mark of the beast is the least part of it right now...
I have seen Christians commenting that, now in many countries, you need to wear a mask in order to go out, to enter shops, so its a link to what they think of having the mark in order to "buy and sell". :LOL:

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I have seen Christians commenting that, now in many countries, you need to wear a mask in order to go out, to enter shops, so its a link to what they think of having the mark in order to "buy and sell". :LOL:
It is all about 'control'...

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
don't look at the physical, Satan can mark us physically and that will not change our hearts. It is a spiritual war, the mark is spiritual.
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
The devil will use the things of this world like covid 19 or money or suffering, but the test is who we serve. The ways of man and tradition or the way of God and the Spirit.
Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
It is a choose in our heart that makes us followers of God or Satan.
Jos 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Wearing a mask does not make me serve other Gods but if i was asked to follow a false doctrine that glorified another god that would be a choice that i need to be careful of.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Does the Book of Revelation tell us that those who refuse to take the MARK of the beast will be killed?
It says those who refuse to worship the image of the beast will be killed..

Revelation 13: KJV
15 "And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed."

Jul 11, 2020
Interesting, but does anyone knows what the mark of the beast is?

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
Yes, it says they will be killed. So I think it means a large number of true Christians will be killed. Though maybe a small percentage will remain at Jesus' return:

Matt 24:37-42

37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
KJV

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
The book of Revelation uses a lot of symbolism, so it's often not easy to make sure what it's talking about. I think the number of the beast for sure - at least - refers to being unbelievers who refuse to serve God. Whether it will also require that people take a number in order to buy and sell - I don't know. Time will tell. Never take any implanted number, to be safe. God's people in the New Jerusalem, are said to have a mark on their foreheads - showing that they belong to God. It doesn't mean it is visible, but at least symbolic - showing ownership as belonging to God.

F

Fundamental

A mark that will give us social credit. Nobody will be able to buy without the mark in the hand or the forhead. Is the forhead maybe facial recognition through AI?

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
A mark that will give us social credit. Nobody will be able to buy without the mark in the hand or the forhead. Is the forhead maybe facial recognition through AI?
I haven't much studied the details of claims that a microchip may be required to be imbedded into people. Though I hear the mention of it - now and then.

Personally, I doubt that Revelation is not referring to a visible mark that will be imbedded in some people. But I'm only guessing. The safe thing is to refuse to allow any such thing to be imbedded into oneself.

Revelation mentions how Christians won't be able to buy or sell during that time. So at least, it implies it will be hard for them to buy and sell and do business - anything that requires the exchange of money. However, it seems there may be no barrier to buying through the internet. Though I'm guessing about that too.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011

You keep asking this but, "is" is present tense and the majority see it either past or future tense and so it remains unexplained.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Disclaimer: this is just opinion
I believe the mark of the beast is sin.
Hand => in works, forehead => in mind, spirit.
Similarly Holy Spirit seals the mind - our inner man is born of God (works follow up as we live out our faith).
What's the opposite of the Holy Spirit seal?
1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
The beast is the old unregenerate man, aka the wild man Esau.

F

Fundamental

I haven't much studied the details of claims that a microchip may be required to be imbedded into people. Though I hear the mention of it - now and then.

Personally, I doubt that Revelation is not referring to a visible mark that will be imbedded in some people. But I'm only guessing. The safe thing is to refuse to allow any such thing to be imbedded into oneself.

Revelation mentions how Christians won't be able to buy or sell during that time. So at least, it implies it will be hard for them to buy and sell and do business - anything that requires the exchange of money. However, it seems there may be no barrier to buying through the internet. Though I'm guessing about that too.
RFID is already being used by some companies. Facial recognition is also being used in Amazon shops.

I honestly believe we have seen a prelude of the mark of the beast in China. China works with AI and facial recognition punishing or rewarding her citizens. Chinese journalists with too many critique got travel bans and all.

While being in lockdown they have installed 5G in secret over many European countries. 5G is needed for mass surveillance when they want to connect AI to the web.

Tick tock...

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
to think it is a literal mark or a chip is not how God works. Satan is at war with God and His people. the controversy is a choice. money will be used to force us to choose the mark of the beast.
It has always been a choice between Gods way or mans way.
Jos 24:14 Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.
Jos 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
1Ki 18:21 And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.

We have two choices Gods way or mans way.
if i get a chip with the number 666 on it, it does not mean i have chosen to follow satan or man over God. it is whats in the heart (mind) that counts.
If a law is set in place that asked us to disobey God and follow man that would be a choice i need to think about.
These 3 choose not to disobey their God.....
Dan 3:10 Thou, O king, hast made a decree, that every man that shall hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, shall fall down and worship the golden image:
Dan 3:11 And whoso falleth not down and worshippeth, that he should be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace.
Dan 3:12 There are certain Jews whom thou hast set over the affairs of the province of Babylon, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego; these men, O king, have not regarded thee: they serve not thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
Dan 3:13 Then Nebuchadnezzar in his rage and fury commanded to bring Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Then they brought these men before the king.

Understand who the beast is to understand what the mark of the beast is.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
there is a really good book called
The Beast, The Dragon and The Woman
by Joe Crews
it explains everything from the bible.

WithinReason

Feb 21, 2020

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
The Beast Kingdom.
The law will be that they should be killed who don't worship his god. That is physically BOW DOWN to his god.
His dictatorship control is regional.
His influence is worldwide
It doesn't mean "he will get everyone on the entire planet who resists him"

There are detailed historical pictures of what it will look like both in the Bible and in the empire that has controlled the Middle East for the last 1400 years. The foundation has already been laid. The head only has to be healed. Then his end will come quickly.