"Does This Make Me Look Fat?" How A Husband Should Respond

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

"Does This Make Me Look Fat?" How A Husband Should Respond

• Pray for the pre trib rapture to happen now

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Text your friend to put up the bat signal so you can leave abrupty

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Break wind and hope she leaves the room

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If it makes her look fat, lie to avoid the couch

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • "We do not judge by outward appearance & so it should not matter..."

• Quickly ask her a similar question in return

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Pretend not to hear her & start a conversation

• Fake a heart attack ( can be expensive )

• "Are you sure it had not shrunk some in the wash?"

• "Does anything you have make you look skinny?"

• "Hark... I think I hear my mother calling..."

• "What was that?!!" & go in search of that "noise"

• Tell her the truth if it does make her look fat

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • "If it is too small, it is old so just throw it out"

• Other

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
R

ROSSELLA

I think the correct answer is, "Ummm...."

J

JamesD

Haha what a funny thread!

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
The proper thing to do in a case like this is to ask:

"Would you like fries with that?"

LOL.... See you prove my point if I would have had you to proof read instead of spell check you would have saved me from embarrassment... lol...lol...lol... Who doesn't love an honest man.... lol... :D

student

Jul 20, 2010
OW...Overweight...is...um... a generational curse...in this family. A family member once asked this question...when he had little issue...and the salesmen laughed and told a story of a very, very large customer asking the question. His response was, "I couldn't believe he was serious". I'd rather respond with, "It may, but let's work on healthy living together".

A

Alman

At this point in my life I am not fat, so when I ask someone that (I'm not married, it is usually a sister that I ask), I really want to know. Because let's just face it: some clothes seem to be designed to make you look 30 lbs heavier than you are :p.
I'd say no guy ever said the dress makes you look fat

Apr 18, 2013
my sister gots bulemia after she weighed darn near 400 pounds. I dont appreciate you and your fat jokes

Apr 18, 2013
she picked up the meth pipe because you people and the president make fun of fat woman.

Dec 21, 2012
my sister gots bulemia after she weighed darn near 400 pounds. I dont appreciate you and your fat jokes
Sorry to hear about your sister, but....

Those are not really fat jokes but jokes on how to respond to an awkward question as usually seen by the men to answer.

she picked up the meth pipe because you people and the president make fun of fat woman.
You never said she had read this poll, sister, but even if she did, you & your sister would be out of line in equating the poll and the replies in this thread to what the President has done.

I believe your time would be better spent on ministering to your sister especially when her cries for help is in taking up that meth pipe. We shall pray for her and you in not to judge yourselves by your outward appearance as if your self worth is dependent on that in the eyes of the Lord when it doesn't.

2 Corinthians 10:7Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? if any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.

1 John 2:[SUP]15 [/SUP]Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.[SUP] 16 [/SUP]For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.[SUP]17 [/SUP]And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

You may need His help at that throne of grace to discern "if" the problem started before she became overweight. Women can be so self conscience of their own appearance that they just give up when the boy they like, does not like them. I am not saying that is the problem, but you will need the Lord's help to discern "if" there is anything outside of what you claim is the problem for her being overweight & for taking up the meth pipe.

Maybe if you set her heart on the things above with the Lord's help, the Lord will help her to not let the world get her down.

Colossians 3:1If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.[SUP] 2 [/SUP]Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

1 Timothy 6:[SUP]6 [/SUP]But godliness with contentment is great gain.[SUP] 7 [/SUP]For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

Since your replies were off the wall so to speak and kinda hard to believe you really took offense, but just in case you were being sincere and for some reason emotional with no just cause other than maybe something else that had happened earlier, and you are just lashing out, I shall pray for you that the Lord will minister to you for whatever is really bothering you.

As it is, your sister should know that taking the escape by the meth pipe is only going to add to her problems. Tell her to take her problems to Jesus Christ... or share this music video with her if not anything else to encourage her to do so.

[video=youtube;_rR_Rdb1CTE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rR_Rdb1CTE[/video]

T

Tinuviel

I'd say no guy ever said the dress makes you look fat
Oh, but they have! I'm a natural for picking out clothes that look good on me; I hate shopping so it is imperative that I get something good the first go around without having to go back to the store. But the few times I HAVE made a mistake, the guys in my life are usually the first ones to point it out :D

U

Ugly

OW...Overweight...is...um... a generational curse...in this family. A family member once asked this question...when he had little issue...and the salesmen laughed and told a story of a very, very large customer asking the question. His response was, "I couldn't believe he was serious". I'd rather respond with, "It may, but let's work on healthy living together".
Methinks you took this thread too seriously. It's not a serious thread. Nor is it a thread about people being overweight. Even skinny women will ask this question to their husbands and boyfriends (trust me i know). To read the title and interpret it as 'a thread on being overweight' says more about your mindset, than the purpose of the thread.

student

Jul 20, 2010
Methinks you took this thread too seriously. It's not a serious thread. Nor is it a thread about people being overweight. Even skinny women will ask this question to their husbands and boyfriends (trust me i know). To read the title and interpret it as 'a thread on being overweight' says more about your mindset, than the purpose of the thread.
I agree...I did. Nuff said...: )

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
When a woman ask that question, I think she really wants to know whether her cloths are adequately hiding her fat? So the correct answer might be; "No, your cloths are very baggy" or "Yes, your cloths are too tight and reveal your shape".

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
I am not married, but for those that are, feel free to give godly advice to my otherwise humorous poll.
Tell her the truth, no matter what it is- she asked. If you know that she will take your response negatively, also tell her something positive to soften the blow, cause sometimes truth hurts. And if it hurts, that's a matter of maturity and pride on her part.

Example 1
"This dress does make your hips look a little wide, I think this other one is more flattering on you. I like that you want to look good for me- which you do."

"I don't want wide hips, how did I let this happen?"

"If you want smaller hips just start eating healthier. We could do that together, cause I want you around for a long, long time. But know that I love you for who you are, not what you look like. Beauty fades, but my love for you never will."

Example 2
"I don't think it makes your hips look wide. I think it makes you look curvy- which I like."

Jun 24, 2017
My standard starting out response would be "Don't ask that question if you don't really want the answer" Same goes for how your cooking tastes. Once that is established she knows I'll give an honest answer and she'll only ask when she wants one. Hopefully.

G

GaryA

My standard starting out response would be "Don't ask that question if you don't really want the answer" Same goes for how your cooking tastes. Once that is established she knows I'll give an honest answer and she'll only ask when she wants one. Hopefully.
Oh, no - bad move...

Don't ever connect two things together in such a way...

Every time she cooks she will forever remember the time you called her 'fat'.

( Not that you ever did say she was fat, but that is how she will remember it. )

;)