Does this matter anymore?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Bru / bro. actually that's not hard to pronounce I was practising the German word ' big' that's so difficult to pronounce I couldn't get the exact sound its like not gros its between that pronunciation and gous kinda like the english word gauze but it's neither. The word big has one of those special inflections - I think that's what you call it .#tricky#

The words for "church" and "kitchen" are much harder to pronounce.
 
I think that even younger people probably know the proper way to use words. Not so much on here, but I often misspell things on purpose, or use your or ur instead of you're just because I want to. I still know the right way lol. It would matter to me on a school paper, not so much on a forum or in a text message, etc.
 
Last edited:
School was not the teacher for me. It was the hundreds of books I read as a child and still do. You soon learn the spelling from seeing the word often. Correct grammar was usually displayed in most books.

I was a visual learner, but there was a problem. Every time I saw the word "awe", I pronounced it phonetically which was way off course. That word was not something I heard people say, so I was not corrected until I said the word one day as an adult. The person with me looked at me like I was speaking alien talk (whatever that is), and I saw ????? above her head.

Talk about feeling stupid! Of course, now there are audio books, but they can never replace the actual spelling lessons you get from reading.
 
School was not the teacher for me. It was the hundreds of books I read as a child and still do. You soon learn the spelling from seeing the word often. Correct grammar was usually displayed in most books.

I was a visual learner, but there was a problem. Every time I saw the word "awe", I pronounced it phonetically which was way off course. That word was not something I heard people say, so I was not corrected until I said the word one day as an adult. The person with me looked at me like I was speaking alien talk (whatever that is), and I saw ????? above her head.

Talk about feeling stupid! Of course, now there are audio books, but they can never replace the actual spelling lessons you get from reading.
I have/had plants in my garden that I can spell, but I'm not sure I'm pronouncing right. Clematis and tradicia come to mind. To compensate, we renamed the clematis "Clem," and the tradicia is "the blue-staining-flower." (If we rub against it, the color rubs off onto us like too much bar-code-blue.)
 
Yes, grammar still matters. I think word choice is more important when communicating, however. The precision of the words used convey meanings much better than grammar.
 
Yes, grammar still matters. I think word choice is more important when communicating, however. The precision of the words used convey meanings much better than grammar.
LOL Which reminds me of one of my favorite titles for a book --
Eats Shoots and Leaves. (I'm horrible with punctuation, so I tend to have learned I could be worse. LOL)
 
Sin is defiantly the result of Satin :rolleyes:
If you ever want to be given a bad time for being a Christian, join Yahoo Answers and go to that forum. So many kids trying to prove they're a very special snowflake by trying to shock believers with their mighty assault, "I follow Satin!" Or, the other one, "I follow Santa!" lol
 
162883d1480274280-does-matter-anymore-youre-vs-your.jpg
Yes - it matters -- "to the relatively few of us who are left" - who understand how vitally important it is to communicate in a structured manner - with words that have real meaning - and are understood by all - so that ideas are transferred efficiently and misunderstanding is minimized...

"And, Lord knows - there is enough misunderstanding in the world..." ( and on CC ;) )

:)
 
Its been getting a bit hard I admit. In a few weeks I have 2 days in a row 4hrs exams. Theoretical and practical. yay lol
"Hang in there..."

'YAY' when it is over... ;) hahaha

:)
After you have gotten through those days and exams -- be sure to come back and tell us how it went...

"We care about you, and we want a report on your progress..."
:D "...young lady..." :p :eek: ;) :o

( I sincerely hope you understand this in the light-hearted way that I meant it. )

:)