Does this verse still hold true

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Does this verse still hold true

• Yes

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

nogard

Aug 21, 2013
To be honest, the verse is a little vague and can be interpreted in several ways.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Right Jesus Fulfilled all the law..every jot and title or none of it ...
So then in your view, should we then do and tech the Law of Yahweh or not do and teach against the Law of Yahweh?

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
To be honest, the verse is a little vague and can be interpreted in several ways.
Thank you for the reply.

Ok, I can understand some saying that, what do you think when you read Peter quote it in the NT?

1 Kepha 3:12, "For the eyes of Yahweh are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers; but the face of Yahweh is against those who do evil."

Proverbs 15:29, "Yahweh is far from the wicked, but He hears the prayer of the righteous."

nogard

Aug 21, 2013
Thank you for the reply.

Ok, I can understand some saying that, what do you think when you read Peter quote it in the NT?

1 Kepha 3:12, "For the eyes of Yahweh are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers; but the face of Yahweh is against those who do evil."

Proverbs 15:29, "Yahweh is far from the wicked, but He hears the prayer of the righteous."
Hmm...interesting. One could draw from those verses that God turns his back on the unsaved, wanting nothing to do with them. But this is counterintuitive to other verses:

1 John 4:19
We love because He first loved us.

Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

There are others as well that seem to indicate that God has compassion and love for the unsaved. That He seeks us out and draws us to Him.

I think this apparent contradiction can be resolved with the knowledge that God is all-knowing. He knows who will never be saved, those who give themselves over to evil and will never turn. To these people, God has turned his face from.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Hmm...interesting. One could draw from those verses that God turns his back on the unsaved, wanting nothing to do with them. But this is counterintuitive to other verses:

1 John 4:19
We love because He first loved us.

Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

There are others as well that seem to indicate that God has compassion and love for the unsaved. That He seeks us out and draws us to Him.

I think this apparent contradiction can be resolved with the knowledge that God is all-knowing. He knows who will never be saved, those who give themselves over to evil and will never turn. To these people, God has turned his face from.
A love beyond my imagination, Im slow enough to know that. :) So I dont think He ever turns His back on anyone, ever.

Scripture says His hand is always out;

Isayah 59:1-3, "Behold, Yahweh's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; nor His ear heavy, that it cannot hear. But your own iniquities have separated you from your Father; and your own sins have caused Him to hide His face from you, so He will not listen. For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; sin. Your lips have spoken lies, your tongue has muttered perverseness."

Back before the Messiah came in the flesh one had to bring a physical sacrifice to a physical high priest when they had sinned, thus cleansing our sin.

Now that the Messiah has become the Sacrifice, He is now High Priest;

Hebrews 4:14, "Seeing then that we have a great High Priest Who has ascended into the heavens: Yahshua the Son of Yahweh, let us hold fast our profession.

King James Bible
Hebrews 4:14, "Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession."

thus is our mediator;

1 Timothy 2:5, "For One is Yahweh; and One Mediator between Yahweh and men: the Man, Yahshua Messiah."

1 Timothy 2:5 King James Bible
"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus"

When we sin we confess;

1 John (Yahchanan) 1:9-10, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His Law is not in us."

But it says,
"If we confess our sins"

If we
don't confess our sins then what? and what is a sin?

So my take is, since I am physically capable of sinning (and I do at times), I need to confess my sins to Yahweh through my Mediator Yahshua, ask for mercy, and repent. But I do not see how Proverbs 15:29 is any less true today than it was the day it was written, compounded by Peters re-confirmation of it;

1 Peter (Kepha) 3:12, "For the eyes of Yahweh are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers; but the face of Yahweh is against those who do evil."

But what I don't understand is why everyone disagrees with this.

Jul 22, 2014
First, the Law is in reference to not just the Law of Moses. The mention of the word "Law" and or the "Law and the prophets" could also be in reference to the Law, the prophets, and the Psalms, etc. In other words, it was a general word reference for the entire OT Scriptures. So when Jesus said He came not to abolish the Law but to fulfill it, that is exactly what He means. Jesus fulfilled the Law of Moses on the cross. But there are other jots and tittles in the OT Scriptures (which is referred to as the "Law") that still needs to be yet fulfilled, like the future prophecies of Christ's return and the Millennium mentioned in the OT.

See this article here:

https://www.gci.org/bible/matthew517

Second, Romans chapter 7 is not Paul's struggle with sin as a Christian. Paul talks about the Law in Romans 7. Yet, in Romans 6:15 Paul says we are not under the Law but under grace. Is Paul contradicting himself? No. In Romans 7, Paul is talking from his life experience as a Jew who obeyed the Law before he became a Christian. He is talking to his old Jewish brothers and how they struggle with obeying the Law. His solution to his struggle in obeying OT Law was Jesus Christ and walking after the Spirit (Romans 8:1). As for Acts 24:14. Well, that passage does not really say that Paul is in support of him obeying the OT Law. Acts 24:14 Phillips gives a good rendering on this passage.

Acts 24:14 Phllips
"I will freely admit to you, however, that I do worship the God of our fathers according to the Way which they call a heresy, although in fact I believe in the scriptural authority of both the Law and the Prophets."

Meaning, Paul believed in the Scriptural authority of OT Scripture. This passage is not saying Paul believed the Law of Moses was still binding. Such an idea doesn't make any sense. The Temple veil is torn. The Aaronic priesthood is no more. There are no more animal sacrifices to make. Jesus is our perfect sacrifice. Jesus changed the Law of an eye for an eye and said to turn the other cheek. Peter was told by God to ignore OT Law that forbid him in eating unclean animals. For the word "forever" in the Bible does not always mean "forever."

Third, salvation is not Antinomianism (i.e. A believer ignoring of the moral laws such as murder, theft, rape, lust, hate, drunkenness, lying, and idolatry with the thinking they can habitually abide in such sins and still be saved). Nor is salvation "Works Salvationism", either (Meaning: A believer must do some kind of religious activity for God tomorrow or they are not saved). God transforms or regenerates a person spiritually if they had whole heartedly dedicated themselves to Him thru repentance and acceptance of Christ. After a person is spiritually regenerated, God then has the capacity to do the good works within them. So salvation is not in one's works because God does the work in a believer (When they surrendered their life to Him). Holiness and fruitful works do not save you in and of themselves, but they will be a natural result of having been saved. No holiness and fruitful works.... means a person's heart is not right with God and they need to repent.

Anyways, to answer the question.... Yes. I believe the passage still holds true. However, a man is made righteous thru believiing God. For Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him as righteousness. Meaning, God imputed righteousnesss to Abraham for his belief. God knows who will be wicked and or righteous in this life because He is outside linear time.

Last edited:

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Such an idea doesn't make any sense. The Temple veil is torn. The Aaronic priesthood is no more. There are no more animal sacrifices to make. Jesus is our perfect sacrifice. Jesus changed the Law of an eye for an eye and said to turn the other cheek. Peter was told by God to ignore OT Law that forbid him in eating unclean animals. For the word "forever" in the Bible does not always mean "forever."
Please read my post before this because supports what im saying here. We are close, but see things ever so slightly different; I believe the teaching is mercy is better than sacrifice; and Yahweh's Law governs the universe and can not and will not be changed* (see below Psalm 89) Mt 5:18, "For truly I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh--the smallest of the letters--will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected."Lk 16:17, "But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one jot of the Law to fail.". The physical priesthood was never real, it was a placeholder, a teaching tool, Messiah is our High Priest and Mediator, the real system, not the physical version.

Psalm 40:6-8, "Sacrifice and offerings You have not desired; My ears You have opened to this! Burnt offerings and sin offerings You do not require! Then I said: Behold, I come to You, Great Yahweh! In the volume of the
Book it is written of Me: I delight to do Your will, O My Father, and Your Law is within My heart."

Hebrews 10:5-7, "Therefore, when He came into the world, He said:Sacrifice and offering You did not want, but a body You have prepared for Me. In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin, You had no pleasure. Then I said: Behold, I have come (in the volume of the Book it is written of Me) to do Your will, O Yahweh."

Romans 9:6-8, "However, it is not as though Yahweh's plan had failed. For it is not everyone who is a descendant of Israyl who belongs to Israyl. Nor, just because they are his descendants, are they all Abraham's children; but: In Isaac will your seed be called. That is, it is not those who are the children of the flesh who are Yahweh's children; but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's seed."

Psalm 105:6-9, "O seed of Abraham His servant, You children of Yaaqob, His chosen ones! He is Yahweh our Father! His judgments are in all the earth. He has remembered His covenant forever, the Law He commanded for a thousand generations; Which He made; ratified, established, with Abraham, and vowed by His oath to Isaac. He confirmed it; let it stand, to Yaaqob for a Law, and to Israyl for an everlasting covenant."

Galatians 3:28,29, "Is there not the Yahdai as well as the Greek; Gentile? Is there not the slave as well as the freeman? Is there not the male and the female? For all of you must be in unity in Yahshua Messiah. And if you are in Messiah, then you are a seed of Abraham, heirs according to the promise."

Psalm 89:26-37, "He will call out to Me; You are my Father, O Yahweh! You are the Rock of my salvation! And I will make Him My firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth. My mercy I will keep for Him forever and My covenant will stand fast with Him. And I will establish his Seed forever, and his throne will be as the days of heaven. Should his children forsake My Law, and refuse to walk in My judgments; Should they profane My statutes, and fail to keep My commandments; Then I will punish their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with lashes from the whip. Nevertheless, My lovingkindness I will not utterly withdraw from him, nor will I ever betray My faithfulness. My covenant I will not break, nor will I change what has gone out of My lips. Once for all, I have vowed by My holiness--I cannot lie, and I say to David: His Seed will endure forever, and his throne will endure before Me like the sun. His throne will be established forever like the moon: the faithful witness in the sky."

Isayah 8:20, "To the Law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them."

Revelation 12:17, "And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went to make war with those who forsook her seed; her seed being those who keep the Laws of Yahweh, and have the testimony of Yahshua Messiah."

1785. entolé
Definition: an ordinance, injunction, command, law.

Revelation 14:12, "In this manner are the saints purified--by keeping the Laws of Yahweh, (in conformity) with the faith in Yahshua Messiah."

entolé

Revelation 22:12-15, "And behold, I come quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give every man according as his work will be. I am the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. Blessed are those who keep His Laws, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For outside are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and worshipers of gods and everyone who professes to love, yet practices falsehood."

Yeremyah 31:33, "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israyl: After those days, says Yahweh: I will put My Law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts, and I will be their Strength, and they will be My people."

"Law" is word #H8451 - torah - torah: direction, instruction, law Original Word: תּוֹרָה Part of Speech: Noun Feminine Transliteration: torah

Hebrews 10:16, "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says Yahweh: I will put My Law into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them."

the word Law is: 3551. nomos
nomos: that which is assigned, hence usage, law
Original Word: νόμος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: nomos
Phonetic Spelling: (nom'-os)
Short Definition: a law, the Mosaic Law
Definition: usage, custom, law; in NT: of law in general, plur: of divine laws; of a force or influence impelling to action; of the Mosaic law; metion: of the books which contain the law, the Pentateuch, the Old Testament scriptures in general.

Revelation 15:3, "And they sing the Song of Mosheh, the servant of Yahweh, and the Song of the Lamb, saying: Great and marvelous are Your works, Father Yahweh Almighty! Just and true are Your ways, O King of saints!"

SELAH (stop and take a minute to think about that passage)

Mattithyah 22:37-40, "Yahshua said to him: You must love Yahweh your Father with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

Shaul clearly understands what the Messiah means and explains it here:

Romans 13:9-10, "For the commandments: You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not bring false testimony, You shall not covet, and all other commandments are summed up in these Laws; namely: You must love your neighbor as yourself. Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law."

Acts 24:14 Phllips
"I will freely admit to you, however, that I do worship the God of our fathers according to the Way which they call a heresy, although in fact I believe in the scriptural authority of both the Law and the Prophets."

Meaning, Paul believed in the Scriptural authority of OT Scripture. This passage is not saying Paul believed the Law of Moses was still binding.
Acts 24:14, "But I confess this to you, that after the way which they call heresy--so I worship the Father of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the Law and in the Prophets."

Romans 7:25, "Thanks be to Yahweh, I have deliverance through Yahshua Messiah our King! So then, with this same mind, I myself serve the Law of Yahweh, while in the flesh that is yet subject to the law of sin."

2 Kepha 3:15-16, "...Shaul, in accordance with the wisdom given to him, has written to you, As also in all his letters, speaking in them about these things, in which are some things hard to be understood, which those who are unlearned and unstable twist, as they also do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction."

Acts 21:24 concerning Shaul (Paul) -

Acts 21:24, "Take them, and be purified with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads. Then everyone will know that those things they were informed about you (forsaking the Law), were lies, and that you, yourself, walk orderly, and keep the Law."

New International Version
Take these men, join in their purification rites and pay their expenses, so that they can have their heads shaved. Then everyone will know there is no truth in these reports about you, but that you yourself are living in obedience to the law.

English Standard Version
take these men and purify yourself along with them and pay their expenses, so that they may shave their heads. Thus all will know that there is nothing in what they have been told about you, but that you yourself also live in observance of the law.

New American Standard Bible
take them and purify yourself along with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads; and all will know that there is nothing to the things which they have been told about you, but that you yourself also walk orderly, keeping the Law.

King James Bible
Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law.

Last edited:

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Mattithyah 24:12, "And because iniquity will abound, the love of the many will grow cold."

"iniquity" is:#0458 anomia {an-om-ee'-ah} from G0459

Greek Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
1) the condition of without law
1a) because ignorant of it
1b) because of violating it
2) contempt and violation of law, iniquity, wickedness

Jul 22, 2014
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (Titus 3:5).

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. (Galatians 5:4).

He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. (Hebrews 10:9).

We are not under the law, but under grace (Romans 6:15).

When He said, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear. (Hebrews 8:13 NASB).

Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; (Colossians 2:14).

Last edited:

Chopper

Nov 8, 2014
If you liked that picture, I just got done making this...

nailed2cross.png

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (Titus 3:5).

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. (Galatians 5:4).
It is not about justification. Its about submitting the the Creator of the universe, His universe is governed by His Law.

Romans 8:5-8, "For those who live according to the flesh, set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit, set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against; (bitterly opposed to), Yahweh; for it his not subject to the Law of Yahweh, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are of the flesh cannot please Yahweh."

Mattithyah 7:23, "But then I will declare to them; I never knew you. Get away from Me, you who practice iniquity."

iniquity is:#0458 anomia {an-om-ee'-ah} from G0459

He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. (Hebrews 10:9).

When He said, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear. (Hebrews 8:13 NASB).
Yes, the book of Hebrews goes into length about how the human "priests" were trying to fulfill a role that the Messiah was currently fulfilling in the heavens, for He is High Priest. Same system 1st was human priest 2nd is Yahshua.

We are not under the law, but under grace (Romans 6:15).
Again the Paul said those things AND he kept Yahweh;s Law;
Acts 24:14, "But I confess this to you, that after the way which they call heresy--so I worship the Father of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the Law and in the Prophets."

Romans 7:25, "Thanks be to Yahweh, I have deliverance through Yahshua Messiah our King! So then, with this same mind, I myself serve the Law of Yahweh, while in the flesh that is yet subject to the law of sin."

2 Kepha 3:15-16, "...Shaul, in accordance with the wisdom given to him, has written to you, As also in all his letters, speaking in them about these things, in which are some things hard to be understood, which those who are unlearned and unstable twist, as they also do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction."

Acts 21:24 concerning Shaul (Paul) -

Acts 21:24, "Take them, and be purified with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads. Then everyone will know that those things they were informed about you (forsaking the Law), were lies, and that you, yourself, walk orderly, and keep the Law."

New International Version
Take these men, join in their purification rites and pay their expenses, so that they can have their heads shaved. Then everyone will know there is no truth in these reports about you, but that you yourself are living in obedience to the law.

English Standard Version
take these men and purify yourself along with them and pay their expenses, so that they may shave their heads. Thus all will know that there is nothing in what they have been told about you, but that you yourself also live in observance of the law.

New American Standard Bible
take them and purify yourself along with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads; and all will know that there is nothing to the things which they have been told about you, but that you yourself also walk orderly, keeping the Law.

King James Bible
Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law.

Are you using these Scriptures to reject Yahweh's Law? Do you turn mercy into rebellion? The followers of the Messiah keep the Law, we are not justified by it, but it is out life guide;

Isayah 8:20, "To the Law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them."

Revelation 12:17, "And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went to make war with those who forsook her seed; her seed being those who keep the Laws of Yahweh, and have the testimony of Yahshua Messiah."

1785. entolé

Revelation 14:12, "In this manner are the saints purified--by keeping the Laws of Yahweh, (in conformity) with the faith in Yahshua Messiah."

1785. entolé

Revelation 22:12-15, "And behold, I come quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give every man according as his work will be. I am the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. Blessed are those who keep His Laws, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For outside are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and worshipers of gods and everyone who professes to love, yet practices falsehood."

Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; (Colossians 2:14).
Colossians 2:16-23, "16Let no one, then, judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a feast, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths, 17which are a shadow of the coming things, and the body [is] of the Christ; 18let no one beguile you of your prize, delighting in humble-mindedness and [in] worship of the messengers, intruding into the things he hath not seen, being vainly puffed up by the mind of his flesh, 19and not holding the head, from which all the body — through the joints and bands gathering supply, and being knit together — may increase with the increase of God.20If, then, ye did die with the Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances? 21— thou mayest not touch, nor taste, nor handle — 22which are all for destruction with the using, after the commands and teachings of men, 23which are, indeed, having a matter of wisdom in will-worship, and humble-mindedness, and neglecting of body — not in any honour, unto a satisfying of the flesh."

I think we have v16 down, I want to focus on 20-23, as to see context. Shaul (Paul) in nearly all his thoughts talks about a topic and then goes on to explain, he uses an advanced style of writing as his (worldly) education was beyond that of the other NT writers.

20If, then, ye did die with the Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances?

So he is saying if your dead to the world why would you subject yourself to its (the worlds) ordinances. To think he is saying if your dead to the world then why would you subject yourself to Yahweh"s/Yahshua's Commandments would make no sense, but he explains it further.

21— thou mayest not touch, nor taste, nor handle

the pharisees had a law in which you could not eat meat and cheese togather, or even within 4 houhs of eachother. Now this is not in Yahweh's Law even, Yahweh's Law says dont boil a child in its mothers milk (3 times) (the local pagans had this as a religious practice Yahweh did not want His people to partake in these evil pagan practices) the pharisees using something called "midrashic interpretation" the pharisees looked at it and said well since it says this three times it must meant three different things. SO THEY MADE UP THEIR OWN LAW, that was completely disconnected from Scripture and enforced it as from Yahweh.

22which are all for destruction with the using, after the commands and teachings of men,

So here very clearly he states "the commandments of men", now if you read from 16-20 you see he stays on topic, and 20 says basically if your dead to the world why do what the world tells you, so we can see he is still on this topic from v16. In this verse 22, he says "which are all for destruction", how does Sabbath lead to destruction and it would also have to be a "commandment of men" if there is ant commandment that is the farthest thing possible from being a "commandment of men" it is the Sabbath, it was from creation and it shows the AUTHORITY of the Creator, the mark of the Creator. Also tying a "commandment of men" to destruction Romans 8:13, "For if you live according to the commandments of men, you will die; but if, through the Spirit, you put to death; put an end to, the evildoing of mankind, you will live."

23which are, indeed, having a matter of wisdom in will-worship, and humble-mindedness, and neglecting of body — not in any honour, unto a satisfying of the flesh.

Pleasing of the pharisees by following the talmud. v22 for context = "after the commands and teachings of men"

you see the pharisees would have a problem if you did things according to Yahweh's instruction and not their ORAL LAW, this is shown in MATT 15, 23, mark 7:7-9, etc

If you kept the Sabbath NOT according to the Talmud but according to the Scriptures the Pharisees would have a problem.

Matt 12:10 & 12, "And, behold, there was a man who had a withered hand. Then they asked
Him, saying; Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath Days?--so that they might accuse Him."
"And how much more valuable is a man than a sheep? Therefore, it is Lawful to do righteousness on the Sabbath."

The "Rabbis" also made their own holidays, Haunnaka and Rosh hashanna and more. when they left babylon they even changed the names of the moons (months), and rosh hashanna even changes the time of the new year, commandment and ordinances of men. the calendar Yahweh instuted is Yahweh's calendar, the one who created it created the heavens and the earth. Our current calendar is the gregorian calendar, which goes back to the bablonian calendar. Yahweh said the days end and begin at sunset, not the "Rabbis."

% made up "feast days" the Pharisees may had, brought you to trial, beat, imprisoned, or even killed you for not honoring. The Talmud tells a story of another "Rabbi" disagreeing and wanting to follow the Scriptures, and the head Pharisees makes then man, on threat of death appear in public on a Scriptual Feast Day in a way that the man cant honor Yahweh, thus commanding him to disobey Yahweh.

Rosh Hashanah (New Year)
Rosh Hashanah occurs on the first and second days of Tishri (the 7th moon or month, Yahweh's year starts in the 1st month). In Hebrew, Rosh Hashanah means, literally, "head of the year" or "first of the year." Rosh Hashanah is commonly known as the Jewish New Year.

How does the year start in the 7th month? According to the Scriptures and Yahweh;s calendar the year starts in the 1st month, Abib.

Chanukkah
On the 25th of Kislev are the days of Chanukkah, which are eight... these were appointed a Festival with Hallel [prayers of praise] and thanksgiving. -Shabbat 21b, Babylonian Talmud

Tu B'Shevat
There are four new years... the first of Shevat is the new year for trees according to the ruling of Beit Shammai; Beit Hillel, however, places it on the fifteenth of that month. -Mishnah Rosh Hashanah 1:1

Purim
Is one of the most joyous and fun holidays on the Jewish calendar. It commemorates a time when the Jewish people living in Persia were saved from extermination.

Tisha B'Av
Five misfortunes befell our fathers ... on the ninth of Av. ...On the ninth of Av it was decreed that our fathers should not enter the [Promised] Land, the Temple was destroyed the first and second time, Bethar was captured and the city [Jerusalem] was ploughed up. -Mishnah Ta'anit 4:6

Feasts that Yahweh says should be kept for all generations are promoted in the NT:

1 Corinthians 5:7-8, "Therefore, purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new batch, since you are unleavened. For truly Yahshua our Passover was sacrificed for us. Therefore, let us keep the Feast, not with bold leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth."

1858. heortazo
heortazo: I keep a feast
Original Word: ???t???
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: heortazo
Phonetic Spelling: (heh-or-tad'-zo)
Short Definition: I keep a feast
Definition: I take part in a festival, keep a feast

Chopper

Nov 8, 2014
It's what happened when Yahushua gave Himself for us... that witness that was against us was nailed to the cross with Him... He bore our sins to pay the price required by the law, and it has been fulfilled. Praise and thanks be to ha'Mashiah!

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
It's what happened when Yahushua gave Himself for us... that witness that was against us was nailed to the cross with Him... He bore our sins to pay the price required by the law, and it has been fulfilled. Praise and thanks be to ha'Mashiah!
I agree praise and thanks to the Messiah!

L

LamentedHaven

The Lord, which the NIV uses should be The LORD
[SUP]29 [/SUP]The LORD is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.
The LORD is a direct reference to Jehovah

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
'The Lord?" No way....
[SUP]29 [/SUP]The LORD is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.
The LORD is a direct reference to Jehovah
[TABLE="class: maintext"]
[TR]
[TD="class: strongsnt"]7350 [e][/TD]
[TD="class: translit"]rā-ḥō-wq[/TD]
[TD="class: hebrew2"]רָח֣וֹק[/TD]
[TD="class: eng"][is] far[/TD]
[TD="class: pos"]Adj[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: strongsnt"]3068[e]
[/TD]
[TD="class: translit"]Yah-weh[/TD]
[TD="class: hebrew2"]יְ֭הוָה[/TD]
[TD="class: eng"]The LORD[/TD]
[TD="class: pos"]Noun[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: strongsnt"]7563 [e][/TD]
[TD="class: translit"]mê-rə-šā-‘îm;[/TD]
[TD="class: hebrew2"]מֵרְשָׁעִ֑ים[/TD]
[TD="class: eng"]from the wicked[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: strongsnt"]8605 [e][/TD]
[TD="class: translit"]ū-ṯə-p̄il-laṯ[/TD]
[TD="class: hebrew2"]וּתְפִלַּ֖ת[/TD]
[TD="class: eng"]and the prayer[/TD]
[TD="class: pos"]Noun[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: strongsnt"]6662 [e][/TD]
[TD="class: translit"]ṣad-dî-qîm[/TD]
[TD="class: hebrew2"]צַדִּיקִ֣ים[/TD]
[TD="class: eng"]of the righteous[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: strongsnt"]8085 [e][/TD]
[TD="class: translit"]yiš-mā‘.[/TD]
[TD="class: hebrew2"]יִשְׁמָֽע׃[/TD]
[TD="class: eng"]but he hears[/TD]
[TD="class: pos"]Verb[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

jahova.jpg

Jul 22, 2014
It is not about justification. Its about submitting the the Creator of the universe, His universe is governed by His Law.

Romans 8:5-8, "For those who live according to the flesh, set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit, set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against; (bitterly opposed to), Yahweh; for it his not subject to the Law of Yahweh, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are of the flesh cannot please Yahweh."

Mattithyah 7:23, "But then I will declare to them; I never knew you. Get away from Me, you who practice iniquity."

First, this really does not address Galatians 5:4. If you seek to be justified by the Law, you have fallen from grace.

Second, Romans 8 says this about the Law.

#1. Christ Jesus hath made me FREE FROM THE LAW of sin and death.
#2. For WHAT THE LAW COULD NOT DO, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sin condemned sin in the flesh:
#3. That the righteousness of THE LAW might BE FULFILLED in us, WHO WALK NOT AFTER THE FLESH, BUT AFTER THE SPIRIT.

Third, as for your quote of Matthew 7. I am not proposing Christians are anarchists or disobedient towards God. But Christians obey the Commands in the New Testament and not the Old Testament. This is obvious from many passages in Scripture.

Anyways, believers obey these commands not so as to be saved, but because they are saved. In other words, caterpillars do not make artificial wings so as to fly. But Caterpillars transform into butterflies and whereby they will then fly naturally. In other words, when a person is regenerated and has root in God and His Word, they are God's Elect or chosen and will bring forth much fruit.

As for your other lenghty reply (that I disagree with): Maybe I will get to it later. For now, I have to sleep.

Peace be unto you and may God bless you.

Last edited:

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
First, this really does not address Galatians 5:4. If you seek to be justified by the Law, you have fallen from grace
People use this verse as a badge against obedience. What has happened? He is saying don't try to be justified by works, not disregard Yahweh's Instructions.

Are these people "justified by Law" therefore fallen? Well that's impossible because it says;, "those who keep the Laws of Yahweh, and have the testimony of Yahshua Messiah" "Blessed are those who keep His Laws, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city"

1785. entolé

1785. entolé

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Second, Romans 8 says this about the Law.

#1. Christ Jesus hath made me FREE FROM THE LAW of sin and death.
#2. For WHAT THE LAW COULD NOT DO, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sin condemned sin in the flesh:
#3. That the righteousness of THE LAW might BE FULFILLED in us, WHO WALK NOT AFTER THE FLESH, BUT AFTER THE SPIRIT.
Romans 8... law of sin... law of death...

Silly goose, you have the ways of the world mixed up with Yahweh's Instructions.

The law of sin and death is not, "do not steal" "do not kill" "love your neighbor" "do not take the Name of YHWH in vain", the law of sin and death is what you see on a television daily...

Ok, so Romans 7:

7 What? Can anyone therefore say that the Law is sin? No! By no means! But to the contrary, I did not know sin; transgression of the Law, except through the Law, for I did not know lust, unless the Law had said: Do not covet.

12 Therefore the Law is holy, and the commandments are holy, and just, and righteous.

Obedience to Leviticus 19:18, "Do not seek revenge nor bear a grudge against one of your own people; but you shall love your neighbor as yourself. I am Yahweh." is holy.

13 Did that which is righteous, then, become death to me? By no means! But in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it produced death in me through that which was righteous, so that through the commandments, sin might become utterly sinful.

"sin might become utterly sinful" breaking "do not steal" is sin and death

14 For we know that the Law is spiritual; but I was carnal, sold into the power of sin.

the Law is spiritual;
Do not hold back the wages of a hired man overnight. Do not curse the deaf or put a stumblingblock in front of the blind; but reverence your Father. I am Yahweh. Do not pervert judgment: You shall not show partiality to the poor, nor honor to the person of the great.

Breaking "You shall not show partiality to the poor, nor honor to the person of the great." is carnal

16 And if I did what I did not want to do, I agreed that the Law is righteous.
17 As it was, it was no longer I myself who did it, but it was sin living in me.

22 For I delight in the Law of Yahweh according to the inward man;

23 But I saw another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the Law in my mind, and bringing me into captivity of the law of sin, which is in my members.

25 Thanks be to Yahweh, I have deliverance through Yahshua Messiah our King! So then, with this same mind, I myself serve the Law of Yahweh, while in the flesh that is yet subject to the law of sin.

"I have deliverance"

deliverance from "do not steal" or deliverance from breaking "do not steal"

Romans 8:

2 Because through Yahshua Messiah, the Law of the Spirit has set me free from the law of sin and death.

(Romans 7:14 For we know that the Law is spiritual; but I was carnal, sold into the power of sin.)

3 For what the Law was powerless to do, in that men sought to defeat; overthrow, fit, Yahweh did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man, to bear witness against sin. And so He condemned the sins of all mankind."

Is sin "do not steal?"

or is sin breaking "do not steal?"

(Romans 7:14 For we know that the Law is spiritual

What is the flesh opposed to?

Following Yahweh's Law?

Rejecting Yahweh's Law?

carnal mind is enmity against
for it his not subject to the Law of Yahweh

Psalm 19:7-10, "The Laws of Yahweh are perfect, converting the whole person. The testimony of Yahweh is sure, making the simple ones wise. The statutes of Yahweh are right, rejoicing the heart; mind. The commandments of Yahweh are pure, bringing understanding to the eyes. The reverence of Yahweh is clean, enduring forever. The judgments of Yahweh are true and altogether righteous. They are more to be desired than gold, yes, than even much fine gold. They are sweeter than honey and the honeycomb."

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Third, as for your quote of Matthew 7. I am not proposing Christians are anarchists or disobedient towards God. But Christians obey the Commands in the New Testament and not the Old Testament. This is obvious from many passages in Scripture.
Mattithyah 7:21-23, "Not everyone who says to Me; Teacher! Teacher! will enter into the Kingdom of Yahweh, but only he who does the will of My Father Who is in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day; Teacher! Teacher! Have we not prophesied in Your Name, and cast out demons in Your Name, and in Your Name performed many wonderful works? But then I will declare to them; I never knew you. Get away from Me, you who practice iniquity."

"but only he who does the will of My Father Who is in heaven"

Deuteronomy 10:12-13, "And now, O Israyl, what does Yahweh your Father require of you, but to reverence Yahweh your Father by walking in all His ways, by loving Him, by serving Yahweh your Father with all your heart, and with all your soul, By keeping the Laws of Yahweh, with His statutes, which I command you
this day, so that you may be blessed?."

"Have we not prophesied in Your Name, and cast out demons in Your Name, and in Your
Name performed many wonderful works
?"

Do Muslims do things in His Name? Buddhists? Hare Krishnas? or Atheists? You get the point
This is a message to us! Followers of or people who claim to be followers of the Messiah.
It's not my, way, your way, the churches way, it's His way or no way.

Law is word #8451 - torah
torah: direction, instruction, law
Original Word: תּוֹרָה
Part of Speech: Noun Feminine
Transliteration: torah
Phonetic Spelling: (to-raw')
Short Definition: law

1785. entolé

The reason is clearly given, iniquity.

"but only he who does the will of My Father Who is in heaven"

Revelation 22:12-15, "And behold, I come quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give every man according as his work will be. I am the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. Blessed are those who keep His Laws, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For outside are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and worshipers of gods and everyone who professes to love, yet practices breaking the Law."

Mattithayh 5:18, "For truly I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh--the smallest of the letters--will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected."

Luke 16:17, "But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one yodh of the Law to fail."

We can not enter the Kingdom of Yahweh by the Law alone, but we can not make it by rejecting Yahweh's Law.

Revelation 14:12, "In this manner are the saints purified--by keeping the Laws of Yahweh, in conformity with the faith in Yahshua Messiah."

Ezekiyl 36:26-28, "A new heart; mind, will I also give you, and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take away the heart of stone out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments, and do them. And you will dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and you will be My people, and I will be your Father."

One that is a part of the covenant ratified in the blood of the Messiah, has the Law of Yahweh or more accurately the Torah, written on their heart, how could one believe it shouldn't be followed, it shouldn't be read, or it applies no longer if they are truly a part of this covenant? I believe the only reason I love His instructions is because Yahweh has put this on my heart, years ago when I was lost I certainly did not enjoy His Instructions.

Yeremyah 31:33, "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israyl: After those days, says Yahweh: I will put My Law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts, and I will be their Strength, and they will be My people."

"Law" is word #H8451 - torah - torah: direction, instruction, law Original Word: תּוֹרָה Part of Speech: Noun Feminine Transliteration: torah

Hebrews 10:16, "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says Yahweh: I will put My Law into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them."

the word Law is: 3551. nomos
nomos: that which is assigned, hence usage, law