Don’t disdain the correction of Jesus!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
Don’t disdain the correction of Jesus!

• “My son, do not despise the chastening of Jehovah; nor be weary with His correction; for whom Jehovah loves He corrects, even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights.” (Prov 3.11,12).

Many times we don’t take seriously the problems that we face. Our lean is to look down all the inclemencies of the life, as if everything is normal. Nevertheless:

• “Say to them: As I live, says the Lord Jehovah, *I have no delight in the death of the wicked*, except in the turning of the wicked from his way, and so to live. Turn, turn from your evil ways; for why will you die, O house of Israel?” (Ezekiel 33.11);
  • “But You, O God, are God full of pity, and gracious, *long-suffering*, and rich in mercy and truth.” (Psalms 86.15);
  • “For He does not afflict from His heart, nor does He grieve the sons of men;” (Lamentations 3.33).

Once Jesus doesn’t have pleasure in the suffering and eternal condemnation of anybody, but have compassion (He suffer, together with us, our problems – see Deuteronomy 32.16,21; 1Kings 14.22), we need to muse: “how are my life? There is something in my life that nobody can know? If I keep on living as I am living, how will I be when I arrive at the eighties?

Let’s pore on the predicament that we are pass through and seek out in Christ what we need to change or forgo in order to please Him, as well as the ken of Jesus that needs to sink in our mind and heart.

Abridging: if we are going through some ordeal or quandary, look back in your life, see where you fell and have a good day. Don’t adjourn this, nor contempt this precious opportunity of knowing Jesus better and being turned into the beloved son of Jesus in whom He well please (as in Mark 1.11).