Don’t mess with what God creates

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
nana.jpg

You can search ancient banana and read a very interesting article (it's not the only one) on what ancient fruit looked like.

Personally I have no issue with genetically engineered fruit because that's just breeding positive traits.

Much like with dogs.

Would be curious if there's anything unhealthy involved but other than breeding sweetness (and consequently less nutrition) like with strawberries I don't think it's too bad.

If you get strawberry seeds you are going to get close to the same thing (if you grow your own), you'd have to do reverse breeding ;)

Jun 10, 2019
View attachment 204143

You can search ancient banana and read a very interesting article (it's not the only one) on what ancient fruit looked like.

Personally I have no issue with genetically engineered fruit because that's just breeding positive traits.

Much like with dogs.

Would be curious if there's anything unhealthy involved but other than breeding sweetness (and consequently less nutrition) like with strawberries I don't think it's too bad.

If you get strawberry seeds you are going to get close to the same thing (if you grow your own), you'd have to do reverse breeding ;)
the problem happen before in the 50’s to another banana verity, it’s back.
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/crux/2017/12/27/banana-fungus-panama-disease/#.XYBB8sopChA

when the natural ability to fight off diseases by not allowing the banana to seed in which the DNA of other strains are stripped away the tree becomes vernable to disease, just wait a few years you will see a huge rise in the cost to buy banana’s

Jun 10, 2019
Man why did post I here, not of the topic or maybe so, I left work a little while ago and ran over a rabbit that jumped on the road in-front me on the interstate didn’t have time to avoid it.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Modern medicine has so many "incurables", while I believe God's medicine has none.
Each case is unique, but there is a natural cure for any ailment.
it isn't only the 'natural cure". When the way the Lord creates is interfered with there is an unnatural cause made for that creation not to operate correctly. Oils not pressed but artificially created cause illness. Meat from animals fed in artificial ways, not left to free range causes bad blood cholesterol. Even eggs from chickens that don't live as God created them to live, eating naturally, causes high cholesterol while eggs from chickens that range freely don't. When grains are broken down and part of them are discarded they fail to nourish us so our bodies break down.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I'm not very knowledgeable in this area. But it's good to hear a different perspective. By the way, I heard that we should not be drinking milk, aside from the breast milk that we consumed as babies. I really hope that this is a hoax.
In general, I agree that natural is best, as God created it that way. But God's word also details the laws He gave His people, and I don't think He would give laws that would harm them (or us). He promised the Israelites a land flowing with "milk and honey", and unless He meant a land flowing with breast-milk and honey (which I doubt), that means milk is okay. (Fortunate for women, as I think most would shudder at the thought of being farmed).

Another example (non-food) is circumcision. While some say (male) circumcision is bad because it is not "natural", I doubt God would have given the commandment for something that was as harmful as some claim.

Jul 20, 2019
artificial colouring, artificial flavouring, chemical binding agents, ice confection (sold here in Australia, its watered down ice cream, cheap , nasty and not nutritious) , unfortunately mankind buys the above in large quantities, so now we have an obesity and cancer problem

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
When men, in their arrogance, messes with what God creates, they harm it. A healthy diet consists of food that men hasn’t tampered with.

Eggs and chicken that are from chickens who live free as God created them to live are health. When chickens are cooped up and fed food men put the egg and chicken becomes unhealth. The same goes for cattle whose meat has been “improved” in feed lots. Milk that has been sterilized and pasteurized is not healthy milk even though it is milk that will never give us such as tuberculous and there is a possibility that raw milk will. Oils that have been refined instead of pressed are harmful to us. Grains that have been simply ground are healthy grains but if the grain is improved by men in any other way it creates an unhealthy grain.

When grains are so processed that they are sold as cold cereal they help cause diabetes and unhealthy weight gain.
Men, in their arrogance, also inject themselves (and the animals they will later eat) with toxins and disease. They call it vaccination and believe it brings health, but I'm convinced it brings more sickness than it cures.

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK
In albania we have fresh vegetables ,fresh fruits ,virgin olive oil ,milk not pasterized and eggs from the farmer .We consume fresh food here
That's great

Am guessing people live a long time in Albania

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Men, in their arrogance, also inject themselves (and the animals they will later eat) with toxins and disease. They call it vaccination and believe it brings health, but I'm convinced it brings more sickness than it cures.
Now with our US diet called the SAD (Standard American Diet) that is based on grains that men have taken the food value out of to make them tasteless and white, our immune systems can not cope with infections. It has led to an emergency situation in the world. Science has explained it to us telling us grains should be whole, but politics shout louder than science, and these white foods are called comfort foods.

Next time you order a hamburger served on a white bun, think about it.

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK
Now with our US diet called the SAD (Standard American Diet) that is based on grains that men have taken the food value out of to make them tasteless and white, our immune systems can not cope with infections. It has led to an emergency situation in the world. Science has explained it to us telling us grains should be whole, but politics shout louder than science, and these white foods are called comfort foods.

Next time you order a hamburger served on a white bun, think about it.
They're called comfort foods because they cause a dopamine hit in the brain. Foods like white bread, any refined carb. The issue is people are self medicating their emotions and moods on these sugars but it doesn't last. Brown carbs are better

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I'm not very knowledgeable in this area. But it's good to hear a different perspective. By the way, I heard that we should not be drinking milk, aside from the breast milk that we consumed as babies. I really hope that this is a hoax.
Our milk is adjusted, it is homogenized and pasteurized. If it could be left without men changing it, it would be fine for us. However, without this process the cream would rise to the top of the milk and if it came from a tuberculin cow, it could make us ill.

You can buy certified milk that is left in it's natural state. The cows must be tested regularly to be sure they are free from tuberculosis.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
Buying fresh organic produce is a way way more expensive that is why most people get heavier and heavier because the only cheap food you can buy from the supermarket is the one which can make you fat...

Try to check the ingredients of the food you buy....you will always see sugar hidden in food names... They are cheap but unhealthy... If you are blessed with a good space of land plant your own food...