DONE!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Some do not want to listen but project sin and evil where there is none. Beware such as these, intent on isolation and division, not openness and ministry.
God bless you

Chester

May 23, 2016
Question Mr. Chester....

Did Jesus have love when He flipped the tables and called the scribes and Pharisees hypocrites and white washed tombs.

I can absolutely make a truthful statement without love.

However, love can not be expressed with lies, that makes no sense.
So, if you yell and curse and swear and call a homosexual person all kinds of names while at the same time quoting Scripture to him that proves he is a sinner - then what you told him is truth? I say No! Why? Because God is truth and you did not bring God to him. So to say you said the "truth" is just not so.

I would say - you told him facts (not the swearing of course! :)) but did not give him truth. Truth is more than facts - truth is bringing God to a person.

You can say it differently - I am not offended by that - I have come to this way of viewing it because of all the abuse I have seen of preachers (and others) throwing "truth" (really facts) at people without love. It always brings disastrous results (except in a few cases where the person is very, very, mature, and can sift out the bad attitudes behind what is said).

Chester

May 23, 2016
Question Mr. Chester....

Did Jesus have love when He flipped the tables and called the scribes and Pharisees hypocrites and white washed tombs.

I can absolutely make a truthful statement without love.

However, love can not be expressed with lies, that makes no sense.
Did Jesus have love when He flipped the tables? Absolutely - Love does not mean one will not do difficult and hard things.

You can state a fact, but if not said in love, it is not truth! (my view! :eek:) (Remember that God = truth so did you bring God to the person?)

Expressing love with lies makes no sense - you are right!
Expressing truth without love makes no sense either!

E

eternally-gratefull

Sometimes love hurts, It hurts the person doing the loving, and it hurts the people who are being loved.

And sometimes the people who are being loved think they are being attacked or hated on. And do not take that love well.

It does not mean it is not done in love

K

kaylagrl

I will stand on the truth if the bible that any and all unity is based upon truth.....Paul did not sit down with and sing KUM BA YAH with false teachers and or those that perverted the gospel.....

The bible is clear...The word of GOD DIVIDES and JESUS came to bring a SWORD and TWO cannot nor will not EVER be able to walk together unless agreed..........

NO where are we commanded to side step the truth, disregard the truth, deny the truth, sell the truth short, etc. for the sake of unity and or under the banner of truth........

He set at variance MOTHER against daughters, Fathers against SONS and YOUR enemy will be they of your OWN HOUSE...if it is that serious for FAMILY....HOW serious is it for those that are not family and those that CORRUPT the gospel message??

There may be things that we see differently but it doesn't have to divide us. You and I have disagreed, hard, but I wouldn't have any issue fellowshipping with you and your spouse. I have OSAS friends, dear to me, but I don't agree with that POV. I have Catholic friends, same thing,much I don't agree with etc. If we all met for a coffee I think we'd all realize we could fellowship. Except for the few that put me on ignore,rofl. They're a little off the beam. ;) BTW I missed where you were called a Nazi, I would have enjoyed seeing that takedown. lol

U

UnderGrace

It may not make sense but the truth cannot be overcome by lack of love, or no love.

This is the point

So the example of the preacher making a true statement about homosexuality, is still making a true statement if he were saying it with a heart filled with hate does not make the statement untruthful.

Now I am not stating that this is biblical or the standard of our practice, but the point is always the truth is truth and love is inside of truth not truth inside of love.

U

UnderGrace

Sometimes love hurts, It hurts the person doing the loving, and it hurts the people who are being loved.

And sometimes the people who are being loved think they are being attacked or hated on. And do not take that love well.

It does not mean it is not done in love
Maybe it is the truth that hurts too?

U

UnderGrace

So, if you yell and curse and swear and call a homosexual person all kinds of names while at the same time quoting Scripture to him that proves he is a sinner - then what you told him is truth? I say No! Why? Because God is truth and you did not bring God to him. So to say you said the "truth" is just not so.

I would say - you told him facts (not the swearing of course! :)) but did not give him truth. Truth is more than facts - truth is bringing God to a person.

You can say it differently - I am not offended by that - I have come to this way of viewing it because of all the abuse I have seen of preachers (and others) throwing "truth" (really facts) at people without love. It always brings disastrous results (except in a few cases where the person is very, very, mature, and can sift out the bad attitudes behind what is said).
Yelling and cursing is not truth, calling names is not truth.
Stating homosexuality is a sin is truth.

The absolute truth of the message is never negated by the lack of love ... it is always truth.

When the truth is delivered in love, that is how God has told us to bring the truth for sure.... but the "absolute" truth of the message/statement stands on its own always otherwise it is not Truth.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
I want to say to all. I am much more than the words you read here,as I'm sure you are as well!
I believe that Jesus,God's son came,taught,died, was buried and rose again the 3rd day,then after 40 days ascended to the Father and now sits at His right hand........waiting!
I believe the love for fallen man held Him to the cross. It is that shed blood that brings new birth into sinful man,and He is the only way to the Father!
I believe He said as promised to send us a comforter and guide into the word,The Holy Spirit!
I believe in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit with the evidence as in Acts!
I believe we have to walk in all the word,persevering,overcoming,holding fast,pressing toward the mark,and never wavering from the TRUTH of the word!
I believe we do all this by living in the commands found in the word by Holy Spirit inspiration!
I believe we are to allow the Holy Spirit to display His FRUIT in us!
I believe we walk in His righteousness,imitating Him in ever action or reaction in our walk!!
I believe that God knows EVERY heart and all the motivations behind our behaviour!

I spent much time in going back into forums on cc to 2008 and forward.
Many many who were once participants here are NO longer with us,I do not know why!
I came looking for fellowship among the household of faith,nothing else!
Some I have met are just not my close family,others I love as brothers and sisters!

We are to love,encourage,pray, carry one another's burdens, and share the word,for it is the breaking of bread!
WE ARE TO BE UNITED IN THE FAITH,LOOKING TO THE FINISHER OF OUR FAITH!

Those I have on ignore,I will no longer engage with!

I want to ENJOY being here! Most all these threads are simply repeats through the yrs!
If I cannot encourage,love and exhort you onward on this walk we are supposed to be sharing,plz put me on ignore,we are of NO use to one another!

MAY WE ALL WORK OUT OUR OWN SALVATION BY BEING IN JESUS PRESCENCE!
"Amen" Friendly.png

Dec 12, 2013
There may be things that we see differently but it doesn't have to divide us. You and I have disagreed, hard, but I wouldn't have any issue fellowshipping with you and your spouse. I have OSAS friends, dear to me, but I don't agree with that POV. I have Catholic friends, same thing,much I don't agree with etc. If we all met for a coffee I think we'd all realize we could fellowship. Except for the few that put me on ignore,rofl. They're a little off the beam. ;) BTW I missed where you were called a Nazi, I would have enjoyed seeing that takedown. lol
Well, first of all it was not a take down, but maybe a hypocrite speaking out both sides of her mouth........I.E> in one breath peddling speech seasoned with love and grace and in the next attacking me, my family and calling me all sorts of names like NAZI, commie etc.....so.....par for the course with this particular person........

2nd.......this is a public forum.......and I am sure you are a decent person and if you were my neighbor I would have no problem inviting you over for a steak on the grill or to swim in my spring fed creek or what ever.......BUT make NO mistake.......ANY and ALL fellowship that is based upon GOD between two parties is the TRUTH.....1st JOHN testifies of this.....walking IN the LIGHT and he is IN the LIGHT and when we do this...WE have fellowship ONE with another.........

There is BUT one GOSPEL truth concerning salvation, immersion, what a church is, etc........and the basis of ALL Christian fellowship IS the ROOT of the tree.........I have no problem engaging you, have liked things you have said etc......but ONE of us is dead wrong when it comes to the gospel of salvation.......and the BIBLE is replete with the truth concerning what I just said.....PAUL was clear.....there are those that PEDDLE a gospel of a DIFFERENT KIND....it has NO power to save, it is double cursed, all that embrace it are foolish and bewitched........and that GOSPEL boils down to SAVED by faith, but FINISHED by SELF EFFORT

Now I like you, I really do.....you can receive what I just said or you can reject it......It matters not to me....I have dealt with you enough to know that you are fair and honest when it comes to dealing with me.... ;)

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Hurt is an emotional reaction that does not define the cause.

God's will and way guides us, involving both truth and love in the Lord. It seems some are talking theory and not living experience, which shows where we are. A child's view is much different from a mature view, but such things miss many. God bless you

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I am impressed, restraint is happening, amen. I am they way, is a clue to us needing to walk. In a desert we die, only by walking out we live. So say Jesus if you desire to know the Father, amen

Dec 12, 2013

@UnderGrace never even indicated that type of a leap......one of the biggest problems with this site....imaginary, accusatory scenarios that get spewed to try and disprove a valid point when posted........

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
John says we know Jesus because we love those in Him.
Amen. So those saved and showing His fruit. So if we meet the fruit of rejection and condemnation without a subject, are these brothers at all?
They say they know Jesus in a new way, and push people away. Odd. Jesus was very different

K

kaylagrl

Well, first of all it was not a take down, but maybe a hypocrite speaking out both sides of her mouth........I.E> in one breath peddling speech seasoned with love and grace and in the next attacking me, my family and calling me all sorts of names like NAZI, commie etc.....so.....par for the course with this particular person........

Humm wondering if we had a run in with the same person... Oh, and I meant your take down of them,not the other way round.:)

2nd.......this is a public forum.......and I am sure you are a decent person and if you were my neighbor I would have no problem inviting you over for a steak on the grill or to swim in my spring fed creek or what ever.......BUT make NO mistake.......ANY and ALL fellowship that is based upon GOD between two parties is the TRUTH.....1st JOHN testifies of this.....walking IN the LIGHT and he is IN the LIGHT and when we do this...WE have fellowship ONE with another......…

Thanks....I think. I guess I look at from the standpoint of ministry. People who know me here know I traveled in ministry, I did so for 20yrs. We had one rule, we preach Christ and Him crucified. Jesus is the only way to be saved. As long as they agreed with that, we went. I sang in all denominations, United churches, UPC churches and even Catholic churches. I felt comfortable in all churches. Did I agree with all? No, Could I fellowship with all? Yes. And people got saved in all different denominations we went to. Now as far as truth I believe evangelicals, for the most part, believe the same main truths. When we get into Catholics and the pope, worship of Mary, I can't agree with that. I'm pretty clear on what I believe. Now, being Pentecostal, I've been told I believe if one doesn't speak in tongues they are lost, which I do not believe. People don't know the difference between Holiness Pentecostals and,well, the rest of us. My main point here is we can have fellowship and not agree on certain points. I don't see OSAS in the Bible yet I'm willing to listen. And brother EG has patiently tried to convince me :) We disagree on that issue but we can still have fellowship. I think he agrees. So are you saying if a person doesn't attend your church you can't have fellowship with them? Or am I missing what you're saying?

There is BUT one GOSPEL truth concerning salvation, immersion, what a church is, etc........and the basis of ALL Christian fellowship IS the ROOT of the tree.........I have no problem engaging you, have liked things you have said etc......but ONE of us is dead wrong when it comes to the gospel of salvation.......and the BIBLE is replete with the truth concerning what I just said.....PAUL was clear.....there are those that PEDDLE a gospel of a DIFFERENT KIND....it has NO power to save, it is double cursed, all that embrace it are foolish and bewitched........and that GOSPEL boils down to SAVED by faith, but FINISHED by SELF EFFORT

Oh hello?! What dirt road did we turn down here? Slow up. Where did I ever indicate I didn't believe we are saved by grace?! What "different Gospel" are you talking about? Bewitched?! I think we need a little come to Jesus moment here, what exactly do you think I believe?!

Now I like you, I really do.....

Well now, don't do me any favors.

you can receive what I just said or you can reject it......It matters not to me....I have dealt with you enough to know that you are fair and honest when it comes to dealing with me.... ;)

I try to be fair and honest with everyone. Some are easier than others to do that with. I guess I've gotten use to you over time. But I did not think we disagreed to the point that you think I believe and peddle a false Gospel. Not to mention being bewitched by that false Gospel. Or to mention saying you could attend a friendly bbq,(but you're lost and on your way to hell BTW.) My bad, I guess I thought I had more brothers and sisters in Christ here then I actually do. My mistake. Perhaps I ought to take my leave if those I thought I had fellowship with see me as preaching a false Gospel. I guess I better find a way to contact those people who came to the Lord when I was in ministry and let them know I was leading them to hell all along. Thanks, I appreciate knowing where I stand with people.

Dec 12, 2013
@kaylagrl --->Nooooo...don't misunderstand me.......I was speaking in generalities in most points I made.............the only thing I directed at you out of everything I said can be summed up in...

a. True Christian fellowship is based entirely upon the truth
b. There is one correct message of salvation not two or more
c. ONE of us is dead wrong (either it is eternally given by faith or it is losable and maintained by man)

and no need to jump the fence and start adding to what I said in the accusatory tone.....I never said anything of the sort in your last paragraph

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
A number of people of faith seem to be warriors, but they are faith no fruit warriors, against aggressively workers, in the most extreme sense.
So you find oneself dethroned, defellowshiped, and locked out because truth says you are evil, deceived etc.
I think this is actually a disassociation disorder, draw you in close and then dump you. Nothing to do with faith, it is just dressed up this way.
Why draw people in to floor them, why not share the open love, meet my Lord. Many are thrown by this sucker punch, and like the guy. But to hurt like this is not functional. God bless you sister.
Your ministry is good. and a blessing, praise the Lord

7seasrekeyed

Did Jesus have love when He flipped the tables? Absolutely - Love does not mean one will not do difficult and hard things.

You can state a fact, but if not said in love, it is not truth! (my view! :eek:) (Remember that God = truth so did you bring God to the person?)

Expressing love with lies makes no sense - you are right!

yikes!

when a non-Christian reads the OT, they are not really going to have much of an opinion about how loving God is

when you witness to people, that is often the first thing they come up

goes like this 'if God loves everyone so much than why does He.......' you might have heard that?

I'll that it would be difficult to prove Jesus loved...you say that because you believe

I would equally say that you cannot point at someone and say the do not love because they have a harsher tone

I have seen enough fake love in these forums to turn me off completely

no witness for Christ at all

people do not understand that the main attribute of God is holiness...love, truth...every attribute that He has

when people start mushing about love and we should just love love love, I immediately understand the do not actually have a biblical understand of God's love

I am not addressing all that to you personally, but your post sparked the above

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
To be defellowshiped by a believer.

The oddest thing is to come in love and faith and then find those who should be friends act as enemies and then say one is a heretic. That's a puzzle unless they are lying.

Wow, faith is passive, repentance is a mind shift and sin can be ignored. But keep scripture, the bits you like and ignore the rest, make a new spirit morality, true Christianity made. And the rest evil self righteous hypocrites who should be destroyed. No passive reaching out, rubbish them, bs them, talk about puke, crap, evil, deceived, isolate and hope they get angry and are burnt.....

It works because no elect expect to meet a wolf in sheep's clothing or be torn assunder. But there you have it, God bless you all