Don't Eat What God Hates. But Why?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Leonitus
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Leonitus

Guest
For a long time I was very confused about a lot of things I had learned in church growing up. It took a long road to get there, but I finally humbled myself to God, asked him to teach me the truths, and left myself open to receive them. Gradually, in something someone said or something I read, at random-unrelated times, I recognized the answers to my misconceptions.

What my Lord did over 2000 years ago was enough. When He said it is finished, His sacrifice changed the way I am viewed by God. (This applies to everyone! lol). God sees me only through Christ.

If I say I can't eat pork or I have to go to church so-many days a week, in order to please God. Then I am saying that Christ did not do enough! That there is something I must add or take away from what Jesus did. That I can do more than He did or that I am better than He is.

"I am the way, the truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

Not that I don't want to please Him, I do. But what truly pleases Him I can only find by asking Him, by being hungry for his answer, and studying the Word. Not by someone else's doctrine, belief, or interpretation.

Praise be to God and my Lord and my Savior Jesus Christ!