Don't fight the road full of potholes...change the road!

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

slave

Senior Member
Mar 20, 2015
6,307
1,093
113
One of my largest revelations was when God gave me His eye-sight.

I no longer see my quest as winning isolated battles for Righteousness sake. I see my calling as simply living my life, in Christ.

A life that starts over every day, with a daily reloading of grace, and a demeanor that comes from knowing I have already won the day, regardless of the, yet, unknown battle.

And Amazingly enough, even to me, I begin acting differently.....And to the world--even oddly so. P.T.L.

I laugh in how much different I am from even months ago. God is in the Renovation business. He takes wounded sinners who are weak and instead of just obliterating the weak spots, He patiently camps out there. He personally strengthens us in the areas we need, becoming, what we lack.

And regardless of our Maturity in Christ, the daily question is the same....for each day we have a choice....We can continue to do things in our own strength, peter out and falter, or we can recognize as it says in 2 Chronicles 20:15 ..that the battle is the Lord's.

The battle is His--but the victory is ours.

And, as I let God fight my battles, I find myself always on the winning side, regardless of the circumstances. As I believe that, and put my feet to those beliefs, my stress levels vanquish, and that Magical thing happens--people see Christ in me!

Apart from Him I can do nothing, but, in him, all things are possible!
 
Many confuse Understanding with believing. I have witnessed life to be a formidable obstacle to Spiritual life. I have found that God's means of delivering me from my sins is not by making me stronger and stronger, but weaker and weaker.

The Nature of God's love is unchanging in my life. As I Experience this, I begin to understand...not just believe. I now want NOTHING for myself; And everything for the Lord!

May the Lord sustain us, and fill our cups to overflowing, as a result.For the purpose of reconciling others to Himself.
 
Thank you for all these spirit filled words of wisdom my brother!
I appreciated it very much! God Bless you for sharing directly from your
heart, and not from your mind, as some here some tomes do! That's what made
the difference between the Pharisee's and the Lord Jesus. For he spoke from the
very heart of God! The humble and needy ones stood around and said.....we have
never heard a man speak as he!!! Yes, it was the Word in flesh speaking from
the heart! And its the Word in your flesh, Christ speaking from the heart again!
Keep it up my dear brother, this is what the world is dying and crying to hear!

For they are not drawn or changed by seeing or hearing from a perfect bible
speaking Pharisee, but are longing to see and hear The Christ, the anointed
Word from the heart!
That's what pulls them, and changes their seeing and
understanding of God! Yes, my brother, your a good example of the Masters words
when he said I will make you fishers of men! A man of God with a heart of God,
speaking the Word of God! And doing it like Christ did, anointed from the heart!
Your a good fisher of men for Christ my brother! May we all learn more of how
to fish from our heart and not from our minds as the Pharisee's!
The Christ and his anointed Word, live out and reach out threw our hearts we pray!!
 
Your heart ministers to me as well, for I see Christ speaking thru the Changed Man in you."Let us consider how we may spur one another on in Love and good deeds." I would put the beautiful elegant example of this exchange as a webster example, for the world to see. "And they will know we are Christians by our love for one another." I worked for 31 years in my current job, yet I have yet once had this kind of exchange with anyone there. It is because the world has a different mission.

I have always told people that I am nothing and Christ is the reason for any good thing that comes out of me. I boast not about me arriving but in Him extending a hand toward others in the power now found in this man of faith, and I continue to boast in anyone who after receiving Christ bears fruit thru Christ in their lives. For I boast then not about any humans merits but of God. And this I boast today!

You have gifted me today. I have received favor and delight in your kindness. And I boast in that from you. For this is the Encouragement meant between brother's. There are many forms of encouragement...Teaching, Rebuking, Counseling, and Training, yet all must be found in love and a position of reconciling - Not just first, but ONLY!

This is our conversations theme, for those reading. ......No matter what you feel approved in doing for God, if there is not Love in YOUR heart for people when doing it, it has no power. God will not fruit it up! As I call it.

Love the elegant words thank you brother.....now get your Nike's on and let's both go throw this love all over the place! 52 card pick up with love from the Father.....smile! :o:) God Bless.
 
My theme I live by is simple...practically: Bring it up, Bring it on, bring it over!
Spiritually: Sit, walk , stand! Sit in things already accomplished in Christ. Walk, put your feet to the floor and walk with God along side you, "Walk in love, even as Christ also loved you, and gave himself up for you." [Eph. 5:2.] "Walk as Children of light....proving what is well-pleasing unto the Lord." [Eph. 5:8,10].

"This I say...that you no longer walk as the Gentiles also walk, in the vanity of their mind.....but....that you be renewed in the Spirit of your mind." [4:17,23].

And then stand...Because victory is His, therefore it is ours. If only we will not try to gain the victory but simply to maintain it, then we shall see the enemy utterly routed. We must not ask the Lord to enable us to overcome the enemy, nor even look to Him to over come, but praise Him because He has already done so: so He is victor.

It is all a matter of Faith in Him. If we believe the Lord, we will not pray so much but rather we shall praise Him more. The simpler and clearer our Faith in Him, the less we shall pray in such situations and the more we shall praise.

Let me say again: In Christ we are already conquerors.

Is it not obvious then that, since this is so, for us to merely to pray for victory--unless that prayer is shot thru His praise--must be to court defeat by throwing away our fundamental position?

Let me ask any of you: Has defeat been your experience? Have you found yourself hoping that one day you will be strong enough to win?

Then my prayer for you can go no further than that of the Apostle Paul to the Ephesians readers. It is that God may open your eyes anew to see yourself seated with Him who has Himself been made to sit "far above all rule, and authority, and power, and dominion, and every name that is named."

Heads up too....The difficulties around you may not alter; the lion may roar as loudly as ever; but you need no longer hope to overcome. In Christ Jesus you are victor in the field.

It is also worthy to note the order of these things..

1]. Sit...Our postion in Christ
2].Walk....Our life in the World.
3]. Stand....Our Attitude toward the Enemy.

For to do one before the other will leave you with defeat. Too many people think to do in order to get... that is the worlds order of events...Jesus spent a whole night praying, or sitting in His Father before even attempting one foot forward.

We need to sit first, or your power is lost. God bless.

Wow, I just did another Blog...It's the river of life thing... "Father make us strong in you. Make the fruit of our lives that of meriting the one that lives in us and empowers us to do the Will that pleases you..If God is for us who can be against us?"...rings true when we but live in this foundation. Father bear MUCH fruit in each person reading today... and make your Glory found evident in these testimonials..I pray this in Jesus' name ...Amen!"