Don't give in to the temptations, nor faint when you are corrected

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

so-jesus-e-deus

Senior Member
Feb 7, 2017
1,605
140
63
Don't give in to the temptations, nor faint when you are corrected.

  • “There is no soundness in my flesh because of Your anger; nor rest in my bones because of my sin. For my iniquities have gone over my head; like a heavy burden they are too heavy for me. My wounds have putrefied and rotted, because of my foolishness. I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long.” (Psalms 38.3-6).

There is the perfect portrait of someone give in to their miseries and went down to the sump, or rather, went down to the sepulcher. Such a person is living like dead or, to be more exact, they are dead in their trespasses and sins (Ephesians 2.1). And all of this because people bank on the self-doubt of the richness of this world.

And the worst it that people seems to like to carry so heavy burden:

  • “And Ephraim is like a trained heifer, trying to tread out. But I passed over on the goodness of her neck. I will make Ephraim to ride; Judah shall plow, and Jacob shall break his clods.” (Hosea 10.11).

Most of the people have pleasure to fuel bad feelings. So much so that tele-news is very popular, simply because they broadcast bad news. Novels and popular programs are very welcome.

It isn’t in vain that Jesus baptize us with fire. Certain smears are so stick in our heart that only the trials and judgments of the Word of the Creator acting in us amid predicaments (Ephesians 3.21) can purify us. But Jesus is with us while we pass through the fire (Isaiah 43.2). So, instead of yammering, let’s be grateful to Jesus for His amorous correction (Hebrews 12.5-8):

  • “I also will walk contrary to them and will bring them into the land of their enemies. If then their uncircumcised hearts are humbled, and they then pay for their iniquity, then I will remember My covenant with Jacob, and also My covenant with Isaac, and also My covenant with Abraham I will remember. And I will remember the land. The land also shall be forsaken by them, and shall enjoy its sabbaths, while it lies waste without them. And they shall accept the punishment of their iniquities; because, even because they despised My judgments, and because their soul hated My statutes.” (Leviticus 26.41-43).

So, have a tremendous day and only go to the middle of the dead if it is to evangelize those who insist on living as dead, to wit, who only feed in their heart what it is bad for people around them.