Don't know what to do.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Acr96

Member
Nov 11, 2015
99
0
0
So I have messed up and sinned so many times here lately, even fearing that I have denied Jesus several times because of my fear of sometimes talking about him. For example today I was serving one of our regular customers and he always is a bit of flirty man. Today was no different with his flirty attitude. However today when I handed him his change he must of noticed the ring I wear on my wedding finger. I am not married but I wear it on my wedding finger because to me it means that Christ is the first and most important man in my life, and when my boyfriend decides to purpose I will then move it to the other hand. Its sort of a purity ring basically. So to go on when he saw the ring he said " oh your husband must be so proud of you!" Instead of correcting him I just smiled and said thank you. I know it seems like no big deal, but the problem is I was too afraid to explain what it truly meant in fear he may make fun of me for being a Christian. Its examples like these that I have repented and repented and want to be a bolder Christian, but keep failing. So am I denying CHRIST? I also feel like God may be telling me to be baptized again because of my denial.
 
Last edited:
You only need to get baptized once...
Talking to God about your shortcomings and recommitting yourself to him... That can be done every second of every day.

Peter denied Christ 3 times the very day after he said that he would never deny Christ... Yet Christ still loved him...

You are not perfect, and that's why you got Christ... Rejoice in that. He loves you no matter what! :D



Your heart break over denying him is an AMAZING thing! It shows how seriously you take Him and sin. But be-careful that your greatest struggle does not make you weak in other places.
We have a tendency to focus so much on one sin that yes we prevent it, but 14 pop up in it's place... They are like weeds...


Anyways, all I am trying to say, is keep up the great work. And keep moving towards that goal at the end: which is Christ :D
 
You don't owe anyone an explanation as to what a purity ring is, or why you wear one. :)
 
We all sin and muck up from time to time.

[SUP]8 [/SUP]If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. [SUP]9 [/SUP]If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. [SUP]10 [/SUP]If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:8-10

It is good that you are sensitive to sin, the Holy Spirit is working in you and God is changing you. He is the potter and we are the clay. The moment we believe we are saved, we are justifield, however sanctification is an ongoing process. Over time we display more of the fruit of the Spirit, we also sin less however I don't believe we can be totally free of sin in this life however that does not mean we should not try.

You do not need to be rebaptized. If you were an adult believer when you were baptized then you don't need to be baptized again. The only reason is if you weren't a believer at the time, eg a baby or an adult who wasn't a Christian yet.

So what can you do, repent and ask for forgiveness. God will forgive you. If you want to make a public recommitment that could be really positive. However you can't just get baptized again everytime you sin.

I pray that you would be aware of God's love and forgiveness and that he would give you boldness and wisdom in what to say and when. Amen.
 
May I suggest you prayerfully read Romans Chapter 8 (yes, there is a reason I used it as my username).

Note: The key to overcoming sin is "Life in the Spirit". However, please remember its not about works or achievement. Its not about blindly following (or repeating) religious practices. Its about relationship.

See also Hebrews 4:14-16.

The fact that your conscience is pricking you is a good thing. But remember the 'accuser' is always right there, ready to blow things right out of proportion. Simply repent and move on. Focus on Jesus and the desires of you flesh (sin) will weaken.... As others have said, its a process, so don't be too hard on yourself.
 
Don't be so fearful and worried lady Acr96. Technically you did not deny nor say anything wrong if your ring is a sign of your commitment to Jesus.
 
I think the desire to baptize is more influenced by your guilt than God. Because baptism is a public showing of faith you want to try to make up for your failings. But it's not the same. It's much easier to stand in front of other Christians and declare your faith than it is to stand in front of one that's not Christian. It doesn't make up for anything. You just want to soothe your guilt by a false gesture.
Maybe it will help to think on the sacrifice Christ made for you. Dwelling more on his crucifixion and beating and death may help you think that if he can suffer all that for you, surely you can risk a little ridicule for him. And you probably won't face it as often as you think.
Everyone screws up. Whether your sin is lacking boldness, lust, greed, selfishness or one of many others. We all struggle with our own repeat sin. We just have to find the root of what causes us to struggle in that particular area. And to have a balanced outlook on ourselves. Yes, we all need to be bold, but we need not give satan a foothold in our lives by letting him guilt and shame us into doing works to redeem ourselves (like getting needlessly baptized again). It's God's grace that forgives us, not our trying to make up for things or working our way back into His arms. It's time to leave the guilt behind, let the Holy Spirit convict you. Guilt works against you. It tears you down, weakens you and makes you less able to change. Conviction makes you aware you've wrong, brings about regret, but then instills a desire in you to come out of it and to grow, without making you feel you can earn anything, or putting you down.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pilkington
So I have messed up and sinned so many times here lately, even fearing that I have denied Jesus several times because of my fear of sometimes talking about him. For example today I was serving one of our regular customers and he always is a bit of flirty man. Today was no different with his flirty attitude. However today when I handed him his change he must of noticed the ring I wear on my wedding finger. I am not married but I wear it on my wedding finger because to me it means that Christ is the first and most important man in my life, and when my boyfriend decides to purpose I will then move it to the other hand. Its sort of a purity ring basically. So to go on when he saw the ring he said " oh your husband must be so proud of you!" Instead of correcting him I just smiled and said thank you. I know it seems like no big deal, but the problem is I was too afraid to explain what it truly meant in fear he may make fun of me for being a Christian. Its examples like these that I have repented and repented and want to be a bolder Christian, but keep failing. So am I denying CHRIST? I also feel like God may be telling me to be baptized again because of my denial.
I had the same thing. Then I went to a meeting and the preacher said the Holy Spirit is in love with you and wants a relationship with you. He evangelizes on the street and teaches others. I got baptized again in the Holy Spirit and since then it's gone. I just have to witness. I can't keep quiet. The disciples were afraid too before they got baptized in the Spirit.
 
Good post on Fear,
a ring on the wedding hand which is common practice to show marriage to people its a pubic display to signifi like wearing a cross that's outside the shirt people will see it n think hey that person is christian.
but since your heart is using it as a purity ring then a door opens for evil to test your fears because you show your married which most would think to a "person" but your heart is showing Love for Jesus if asked about the ring you clam up because of fear to say what it's for being Christian and your commitment to Christ and being rejected about it but On a deeper note that's what it's about simple "Fear" not denial of Christ.
Jesus knows your heart that's what counts not wearing the ring but if you do want to I think that's perfectly fine also probably couple ways to go about it.

say what your heart feels it's about Jesus your devotion the boldest because your saying something that no one can see or identify with except you unless you speak of it.

move the ring to the other hand use the wedding hand for fleshly marriage and the other as the spiritual marriage so evil can't use some little trick to amp your fear up

Wear a cross neckless or something and display it openly that way people will see your Christian your free of the fear because if their kind n friendly and seem sincere excepting of you then you'll have no problem speaking your heart at least it may help you to break that fearing speaking of Jesus, use the name more often each day is another way

you don't have to say anything your fine with just avoiding it with a smile and thank you etc. I think your completely ok it's probably really none of their business he was a customer in a business. Businesses have policy on customer service and interaction technics surely business isn't personal confessions to customers.

On Fear I guess it's up to each person and how we confront Fear not only in the example of yours but everyone's
me included in what ever it is we Fear but its a human feeling a awareness that can be positive or negative