Don't vote for the lesser of two EVILS

  • Thread starter Thread starter sinnomorePTL
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Your job is to vote for the best choice, not spiritualize your non participating view. Unless you are placing your hope in an election of men.
It's not my job to vote it's a decision that is my right to make or not make my only job is to do what is right the best I can and I don't spiritualize my not voting I consider the motive of everything I do and I consider the deeper meaning of things this is not spiritualizing rather it's contemplating things from a different perspective.

To me it's far more important to consider the reason I was given the right to vote than to vote simply because I can to me it's far more important to vote or not vote for a candidate based on if they are people who are worthy to lead or not than to do so and choose whichever one seems less evil.

The right to vote was fought for with the intentions to vote with a virtuous heart not to vote just because we can, I cannot with all good conscious vote between two people who represent anything but a strong and moral leader and if this upsets people then there is nothing I can do about that
 
It's not my job to vote it's a decision that is my right to make or not make my only job is to do what is right the best I can and I don't spiritualize my not voting I consider the motive of everything I do and I consider the deeper meaning of things this is not spiritualizing rather it's contemplating things from a different perspective.

To me it's far more important to consider the reason I was given the right to vote than to vote simply because I can to me it's far more important to vote or not vote for a candidate based on if they are people who are worthy to lead or not than to do so and choose whichever one seems less evil.

The right to vote was fought for with the intentions to vote with a virtuous heart not to vote just because we can, I cannot with all good conscious vote between two people who represent anything but a strong and moral leader and if this upsets people then there is nothing I can do about that

Donald Trump Remarks at Faith and Freedom Coalition Conference Republican Presidential Candidate Donald Trump addressed the Faith and Freedom Coalition Conference in Washington, D.C., criticizing the policies of Hillary Clinton and vowing to unite the country if elected President. He reiterated the importance of the evangelical community and restoring marriage and family values. During his speech, several protestors were escorted out of the room.

[video]https://www.c-span.org/video/?410912...ion-conference[/video]

Donald Trump called for reclaiming First Amendment protections for churches, synagogues, and other legitimate tax-exempt organizations during a campaign event hosted by the Retired American Warriors PAC in Herndon, VA, on Monday. Asked about the Obama Administration's purging of Christian religious expression in the military, he called for the abolition of the Johnson Amendment to the U.S. tax code.

[video]https://youtu.be/znjiN_8Q1oY[/video]

How can Christians not support this?
 
Donald Trump Remarks at Faith and Freedom Coalition Conference Republican Presidential Candidate Donald Trump addressed the Faith and Freedom Coalition Conference in Washington, D.C., criticizing the policies of Hillary Clinton and vowing to unite the country if elected President. He reiterated the importance of the evangelical community and restoring marriage and family values. During his speech, several protestors were escorted out of the room.

[video]https://www.c-span.org/video/?410912...ion-conference[/video]

Donald Trump called for reclaiming First Amendment protections for churches, synagogues, and other legitimate tax-exempt organizations during a campaign event hosted by the Retired American Warriors PAC in Herndon, VA, on Monday. Asked about the Obama Administration's purging of Christian religious expression in the military, he called for the abolition of the Johnson Amendment to the U.S. tax code.

[video]https://youtu.be/znjiN_8Q1oY[/video]

How can Christians not support this?
I support Christian like actions but trump is no Christian
 
I support Christian like actions but trump is no Christian

How do you know? A drug addict could a Christian, a sex addict could be a Christian, an alcoholic can be a Christian, a murderer can be a Christian. How? We do not know what is in the sinners heart or how ashamed they are of their sin. We do not know the struggles each sinner goes through to repent and seek forgiveness. My point is in less you are God then there is no way you know this man's heart.
 
How do you know? A drug addict could a Christian, a sex addict could be a Christian, an alcoholic can be a Christian, a murderer can be a Christian. How? We do not know what is in the sinners heart or how ashamed they are of their sin. We do not know the struggles each sinner goes through to repent and seek forgiveness. My point is in less you are God then there is no way you know this man's heart.
By that logic no one can tell the difference between a Christian by title and a Christian by heart. Anyone can claim to be a Christian but the fruits of one is made evident in their everyday conduct you know a true believer when you see the fruits of God's love in their hearts. If the wheat and the tares cannot be seen as for what they are then yes you would be correct however God also gives us discernment in these matters
 
By that logic no one can tell the difference between a Christian by title and a Christian by heart. Anyone can claim to be a Christian but the fruits of one is made evident in their everyday conduct you know a true believer when you see the fruits of God's love in their hearts. If the wheat and the tares cannot be seen as for what they are then yes you would be correct however God also gives us discernment in these matters

Yes but how much of discernment is influenced by biased, racial, stereotyping, culture, geography, and opinions. I am pretty sure when you first began to be a Christian you was probably still battling with many temptation but as a believer you grew and now what tempted you at first may not tempt you at all no more. He tells us he is a Christian in the video i posted. I think we should allow God to work through people and allow him to judge peoples hearts. I only see a man that is not perfect but by his fruits he really cares for the American people. I will vote for a man who stands behind Christians and our morals. He stands against abortion, he is for Israel, wants to end the Iranian nuclear deal which is arming Israels enemy and ours. Pro woman's rights to not include gender neutral in society. The evidence is all there people just got to look it up. What else does the man got to do and say to prove he needs to be the next president. The best choice we have and God works wonders many times through the rough and weak.
 
No I am not waiting for person that could never exist but I cannot vote for either of them because of how immoral they both are, I don't expect them to be perfect but if I am to have someone as president to represent America I want it to be one who at least is a more decent person than what we have.

Trump can say he stands for Christians but I don't see any proof of this in him

God raised up two godly people, Carson, Fiorina. We the ultra brilliant American Christian community didn't vote for them bc we didn't think they could win. All I heard from the much Christian community was how they couldn't win, so that's why someone was6voting for trump. Well....here we are, we said my will be done instead of thy Will be done.

The time for the big Christian values vote was the primaries, it just is what it is now. Yes, AGAIN, WE, NOT ANYONE ELSE, WE have self inflicted. The purpose of the President is to restrain evil ( Romans13) not be our pastor or best friend. Solomon commands us to get wisdom, proverbs 4. Also to get understanding. ( find out what stuff means) Jesus chastised the disciples in Luke16, for not having even the Shrewdness of the world. We are never commanded to make emotional decisions in God's word.
You're wrong about him not standing with Christians, he is the only one to discover Johnson amendment, which restricts us unconstitutionally. He also speaks the truth about things. You may not like how he does it but nevertheless, it's true. If he really have his life to Christ, as some Christian leaders say they witnessed, He gets every grace6that we do. What did your life as a believer look like after one year? Were you the epitome of spiritual growth? We can only give him time to grow. Maybe this responsibility has humbled him enough to seek the Lord.

Also, you can't throw under the bus, our supreme court. Half will be chosen, just one more liberal will turn our nation so liberal you won't recognize it! But4 liberals! Hello Marx!

You're young, listen to the elder in your life. So Many young people Are on here spouting off their opinion, not driven by any wisdom. Arguing with anyone who has any. Well genius, that's how we got Obama and Clinton in the first place. They went after the young and ignorant crowd, Satan always goes for the ignorant, like the wolf he is. And it's working again.
 
Ken Dewey

·
I am not a heavyweight Christian Leader [known by all and considered a heavy well known minister] but LET IT BE KNOWN that ......
I REAFFIRM MY VOTE FOR DONALD TRUMP. I do not like the things coming out about him now by those who are determined to show all, to turn away many from voting for him. BUT, let me remind you that GOD DOES NOT USE PERFECT PEOPLE BUT HE USES PEOPLE WHO ARE ONLY EARTHEN VESSELS. Matter of Fact, God uses ALL OF US [not because we are perfect and above sin and doing everything just right], but HE HAS PLACED HIS POWER IN EARTHEN VESSELS SO THAT THE GLORY WOULD BE OF HIM, THE LORD, AND NOT US!

I would also like to say, LET US GIVE ROOM FOR GROWTH AND CHANGE in the Man, Donald Trump. Like us all, HE HAS TO GROW IN HIS LIFE. I am understanding that Donald Trump is just now choosing to really be a Christian and has recently received Jesus Christ. It would do well for us all to remember back when we all found Jesus Christ. Were we PERFECT THEN? OF COURSE NOT! If you go back [if you dare because of what you will find] to your old self, could you not be guilty of wrong doings? Of course we know the answer is YES.

I might add, WHO HERE HAS [SINCE THEY WERE SAVED AND BORN AGAIN] LIVED A SPOTLESS LIFE?? Is it that men are so quick to forget their own beginnings. Does it come easier after a while being a Christian to POINT YOUR FINGER? I believe the answer is YES. It is easier daily, after years of being saved, to come to forget what we were. I must tell you, I FOR ONE WOULD FAIL THE TEST IF TESTED FOR A SPOTLESS LIFE [AFTER SALVATION]. I have told many that: IF YOU CHECK OUT MY PAST YOU WILL FIND MUCH TO TALK ABOUT. I am not proud of the fact that I walked away from the Lord for almost 10 years of my life. I even quit preaching after some 23 years of ministry, went back and stopped telling anyone I had ever been a preacher! I just wanted to be a normal guy and I got fed up with the pressure a Pastor has to be under all the time.

So, Which of Us, and WHAT HEAVYWEIGHT PREACHER OUT THERE is PERFECT to now step up and say...::: DONALD HAS NO HOPE OF CHANGE?

It seems to me [just by listening to him over the past election process] that Donald is not the same man he was before he even begin. I see many articles about him reaching out to Ministers for prayer and council. This is most encouraging to me. CONSIDER THAT DONALD HIMSELF IS AMAZED AT HIS OWN CHANGE! I see him as a man who is called of God, not even knowing all about a Call.

I remember back when I was 7 years old. I WAS KNOWING BACK THEN THAT GOD WAS CALLING ME... BUT TRULY, I DID NOT UNDERSTAND TO WHAT OR EVEN WHY. It was only in my heart to feel something about the future, but I could not explain it.
Now let us who HOPE and PRAY for this NATION, who are Believers in Jesus Christ............. HAVE SOME FAITH FOR DONALD TRUMP. Is it not time for THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH IN AMERICA TO BELIEVE GOD OF A MAN WHO IS BEING CALLED TO STAND UP ...??? AND, DOES HE EVEN UNDERSTAND HIS CALLING? YET TONIGHT, HE IS FIGHTING HARD TO WIN AND WANTS IN HIS HEART TO DO THIS JOB.

We should PRAY and BELIEVE GOD for Him. NOT ONLY PRAY, .........

BUT FORGIVE HIM FOR HIS SINS.
after all, GOD HAS FORGIVEN US.

Desert Prophet


I recall the saying ''None of us are perfect but some are more perfect than others''
 
Yes but how much of discernment is influenced by biased, racial, stereotyping, culture, geography, and opinions. I am pretty sure when you first began to be a Christian you was probably still battling with many temptation but as a believer you grew and now what tempted you at first may not tempt you at all no more. He tells us he is a Christian in the video i posted. I think we should allow God to work through people and allow him to judge peoples hearts. I only see a man that is not perfect but by his fruits he really cares for the American people. I will vote for a man who stands behind Christians and our morals. He stands against abortion, he is for Israel, wants to end the Iranian nuclear deal which is arming Israels enemy and ours. Pro woman's rights to not include gender neutral in society. The evidence is all there people just got to look it up. What else does the man got to do and say to prove he needs to be the next president. The best choice we have and God works wonders many times through the rough and weak.
That discernment isn't influence by any of those things for me and while he may say he stands for all these things that isn't what makes a Christian is it?
 
That discernment isn't influence by any of those things for me and while he may say he stands for all these things that isn't what makes a Christian is it?

I just posted evidence from many sources to prove what your saying wrong
 
More evidence Trump is a new Christian
Dr. James Dobson: Donald Trump Has Accepted Christ — Charisma News

One source from many others like I said just research it.
I don't know this news source and so I cannot blindly believe what it says and even if a evangelist claims him to be saved i have seen how deep corruption can go even within the church it wouldn't really be a surprise to have a well known evangelist make such a claim for you so that it helped you to get elected. Again I look for the fruits and if he begins to show these fruits in the future then maybe I will begin to believe he became a Christian but I cannot blindly believe this as it's a bit odd that he has shown anything but a heart for God and then as the election draws closer suddenly he accepted Christ. I can see this discussion is not going to go anywhere good as both of us clearly hold opposite views and I don't want to cause any more strife in the forums than there already is so I will leave this thread and just let things be as they are
 
That is only one source I pulled from many. I never read only one article. But hey im only trying to save our freedoms.
 
Also you can expect me to like who wins but regardless who wins I will not like it, I don't see a better person on the stage I see two highly immoral people running a race that they are not fit to be running for
Since you arent voting your words carry no weight whatsoever with me. You are so blind to what is at stake.
 
You can choose to not vote but we expect you to like who wins because you had a chance to vote against it. Do you not see one to be any better than the other? Many soldiers have died for our freedom to vote. Yes you have the freedom to not vote but remember so much blood has been shed to give us the right to choose our leaders.

Would you say that voting for a third party is a wasted vote, or a vote for Clinton/Trump (the opposite of whichever one you are voting for)?
 
Would you say that voting for a third party is a wasted vote, or a vote for Clinton/Trump (the opposite of whichever one you are voting for)?

No, I wouldn't say it's a wasted vote-
In fact the biggest reason people don't vote for third parties is because they think it's a wasted vote- if people would stop thinking like and simply start voting for whoever they agree with on issues third party would have a lot more votes (maybe not the green party but other than that xD)
 
1. Our servicemen fight and die for our freedom, including the freedom to not vote. I wish a whole lot of people, especially the uninformed, would avail themselves of that option.

2. I'm voting third party. When the country enters a death spiral under either Clinton or Trump, I'm going to smile at those who voted for ClinTrump and say 'you voted for it so you have no right to complain'.

3. It is only the mindset that a third party candidate cannot win, that prevents a third party candidate from winning.

4. Salvation is in the heart and only God knows what's in someone's heart, so no we cannot make an absolute judgment of their salvation based upon someone's works. God's word does, however, tell us that a person's works are a pretty reliable indicator of what's in their heart. And that if they don't accept correction we are to shun them.

5. Vote anyway. A lot of people who don't vote for Pres don't vote for any of the other issues on the ballot. There's a lot of important stuff on the ballots that have nothing to do with the Presidential election. While we're all tunnel visioned in on these two clowns, don't forget that there are other equally important issues that require your attention too.

6. A vote for the lesser of 2 evils is still a vote for evil. A vote for this ruination or that ruination is still a vote for ruination. In this election, the only wasted vote is the one that says "either way I want summa that!"
 
No, I wouldn't say it's a wasted vote-
In fact the biggest reason people don't vote for third parties is because they think it's a wasted vote- if people would stop thinking like and simply start voting for whoever they agree with on issues third party would have a lot more votes (maybe not the green party but other than that xD)

:)

So wise for your years...
 
It's not my job to vote it's a decision that is my right to make or not make my only job is to do what is right the best I can and I don't spiritualize my not voting I consider the motive of everything I do and I consider the deeper meaning of things this is not spiritualizing rather it's contemplating things from a different perspective.

To me it's far more important to consider the reason I was given the right to vote than to vote simply because I can to me it's far more important to vote or not vote for a candidate based on if they are people who are worthy to lead or not than to do so and choose whichever one seems less evil.

The right to vote was fought for with the intentions to vote with a virtuous heart not to vote just because we can, I cannot with all good conscious vote between two people who represent anything but a strong and moral leader and if this upsets people then there is nothing I can do about that

That is just intellectual blather! You have a responsibility to vote, so as to refrain from dishonoring our God and those who died for the cause.

You do it for the sake of your DUTY to future generations. Freedom isn't free and its not enjoyed by the purchaser. It's the benefit of another at the cost of another.

You have a very immature view that lacks a lot of wisdom. Get off this thing and get out and vote for the candidate who can win and at least try to salvage our supreme court and national sovereignty.

And you are over spiritualizing.