Doomed to be single?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 8, 2019
I have been thinking about changing it to Icecream
And Icequeen has been more of a successful choice than my previous name... Nobody could pronounce that and only I got the pun...

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Ah... icequeen, sorry about the mess we made of your thread. We tracked BDF all over the floor. It was some party though.

*Lynx starts throwing away paper cups and sweeping up confetti.

Nov 8, 2019
Ah... icequeen, sorry about the mess we made of your thread. We tracked BDF all over the floor. It was some party though.

*Lynx starts throwing away paper cups and sweeping up confetti.
I think the party has just begun :)

Nov 8, 2019
This thread started with venting, some comforting and encouraging words through exposure and insult to frustration and Bible bashing. And the question is: Who wants to marry a secret millionaire? (And you may add which currency are we talking about here?)

May 17, 2020
Ar
This thread started with venting, some comforting and encouraging words through exposure and insult to frustration and Bible bashing. And the question is: Who wants to marry a secret millionaire? (And you may add which currency are we talking about here?)
Are you the millionaire? :)

Nov 8, 2019

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
If no Christians married,then how would they be fruitful and multiply? It would have to be from sex outside of marriage. Peter had a mother in law, so I'm pretty sure he was married :)
Christians are spiritually reproduced. The flesh profits nothing.

May 17, 2020
God thought it was a good idea to put spiritual beings (us) in flesh,and He knows what He's doing. He created emotions to be felt between a man and woman,and all of the other wonderful things that can exist within a marriage. Again,He knows what He is doing. If you want to be single,that's your prerogative,but just because it's your choice,it doesn't give you the right to blast anyone who doesn't choose your way,and to use God as your "backup" in your argument

Nov 8, 2019
Strategically we lose to the Muslims... They have caught the point of reproduction. So the next logical step is to stay single and preach the gospel to Muslims. I have tried. Not a successful story, I am afraid. Perhaps someone with less flesh is more successful?

(And will I become less fleshy if I shed some pounds?)

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
God thought it was a good idea to put spiritual beings (us) in flesh,and He knows what He's doing. He created emotions to be felt between a man and woman,and all of the other wonderful things that can exist within a marriage. Again,He knows what He is doing. If you want to be single,that's your prerogative,but just because it's your choice,it doesn't give you the right to blast anyone who doesn't choose your way,and to use God as your "backup" in your argument
Those are commendable sentiments indeed. However that is certainly not the point I was making.

No one is born righteous therefore no one is born saved.

Rom 11:32
For God has consigned all men to disobedience so that He may have mercy on them all.

May 17, 2020
Those are commendable sentiments indeed. However that is certainly not the point I was making.

No one is born righteous therefore no one is born saved.

Rom 11:32
For God has consigned all men to disobedience so that He may have mercy on them all.
He says as he floats by on his spiritual cloud.......

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Strategically we lose to the Muslims... They have caught the point of reproduction. So the next logical step is to stay single and preach the gospel to Muslims. I have tried. Not a successful story, I am afraid. Perhaps someone with less flesh is more successful?

(And will I become less fleshy if I shed some pounds?)
Lord Jesus Messiah strategically lose to the Muslims? Thats impossible Scripturally. The way I see it, this present population explosion is going to fufill end time prophecy regarding Israel, as well as fill the winepress of Gods wrath to the full.

May 25, 2015
Why are there so many single Christians and why are a single Christian so difficult to find?

So many say they are lovely.

So many even say they are miserable.

Why can't God call the lonely people together and make us more whole and in line with what was intended at the creation.

Can being single really be a blessing?

Well. I have free access to the remote control, but no one to watch a good movie with.

This is not a dating site. Oh. I know. And this is not an attempt to find myself a husband. I guess that project has failed. So I find myself doomed to be single.
Sure, this isn't a dating site but people have met their significant and even their spouses on here.

Heck, I even dated someone from here and we were together for a year and a half.

It happens. And, it's not wrong.

Singleness can be a blessing, but even in those blessings, you can still be lonely. You have to find that blessing within that loneliness. That's in any situation. And, some people are called to singleness and I wouldn't consider that to be a curse for them.