Down and Out

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JaneDarke

I feel depressed and not sure what to do. Why are relationships so difficult? I beginning to think all men are the same and not one is honest. :/

D

dalconn

Are you saying that men are the source of your happiness?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Seek first the kingdom of God and all other things will be given to you. That is how I found my Stephanie, I knew that if there was a women out there for me if i just kept my hearts eyes set on him continued to seek his heart and develop a deeper closer love with him then he would guide me to her. and then a new user by the name artsiesteph comes on cc and I am not one prone to fall in love and I can say with complete certainty I am going to marry this women one day.

T

TemporaryCircumstances

A relationship with God can come easily

S

Stranger36147

I feel depressed and not sure what to do. Why are relationships so difficult? I beginning to think all men are the same and not one is honest. :/
You know what's funny? There are probably men who have had bad luck in love and share similar sentiments toward women.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Happiness is a choice you make.

S

SweetmorningDew78

If that difficult relationship is pulling you away from God then you have to let it go... Because it is a sign that relationship is not meant for you that is why it is too difficult...

Not all men are the same :) maybe you haven't met him yet ...and I am really sure one day when you look back you will be thankful that things didn't work out with that person...

Don't give up on love :) your experience now should not stop you from hoping and believing that there's someone out there designed just for you :)

Grow deeper in your relationship with God and patiently wait for that person God has for you...waiting also is not easy...there will be easy days and rough days...but it does not mean you have to give up...very often rough days indicates you are near the good days and your waiting will end soon...and you will live with your man happily ever after(through good times and bad times) serving God together :)

God bless you :)

J

JaneDarke

Are you saying that men are the source of your happiness?
No, that has nothing to do with the issues I am going through. That is an assumption based off one detail and not all. I have trust issues with people in general.

J

JaneDarke

You know what's funny? There are probably men who have had bad luck in love and share similar sentiments toward women.
That is few and far between. The good ones. Like finding in a needle in a haystack. Even the ones that seem to have good ethics can fall to sin or pretend very well.

T

toinena

Happiness is a choice you make.
That is just not true. Sometimes it is impossible to be happy. You can find joy in Christ and still be unhappy in life.

T

toinena

All men are not the same. They can be dishonest in different ways ;-) . The only thing to in this situation, is to seek Christ and to follow him. Men shouldn't be the source of your happiness (and not mine... although I too can find myself depressed about men letting me down)

I think relationships are difficult. And they should be. Put Christ first. Follow Him. And who knows who comes along?

T

TemporaryCircumstances

Not so easy, I have prayed constantly and ask for a relationship. I am still lost and confused.

Sometimes the answer is no.
And guess what? We, as humans have such a limited view on life, whereas God sees the whole thing. What has happened, what is happening, what will happen. So who do you think has the better answer when you ask for a relationship? You or God?

You value a relationship in this world more than you do with God sweetie.
And I know it's hard to walk through life when it seems like you have no one, but it's in those times the most that you need to rely on God. Not to give you a man, but to get you through everything, to do the right thing.
Have Bitachon, have trust, and the faith that God will and is doing what is best for you even if it may not seem like that.

J

JaneDarke

Sometimes the answer is no.
And guess what? We, as humans have such a limited view on life, whereas God sees the whole thing. What has happened, what is happening, what will happen. So who do you think has the better answer when you ask for a relationship? You or God?

You value a relationship in this world more than you do with God sweetie.
And I know it's hard to walk through life when it seems like you have no one, but it's in those times the most that you need to rely on God. Not to give you a man, but to get you through everything, to do the right thing.
Have Bitachon, have trust, and the faith that God will and is doing what is best for you even if it may not seem like that.
What is a Bitachon? Lol

I sent you message on your profile. I want to know more. Your message spoke to me more than others.

J

JaneDarke

That is just not true. Sometimes it is impossible to be happy. You can find joy in Christ and still be unhappy in life.
Exactly. Circumstances in my life keep me down and not just relationships either. That was just one thing that helped push me back down.

T

TemporaryCircumstances

What is a Bitachon? Lol

I sent you message on your profile. I want to know more. Your message spoke to me more than others.
Bitachon means trust in God.

T

TemporaryCircumstances

Bitachon and emunah
Two important things to have
Trust and faith

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
It's easy to paint all men with the same brush when one stinker has let you down. However, there are good men out there. The key is for you to now use this experience to properly assess a man's character before you make any commitment. You need discernment for this so ask the Lord for discernment and wisdom, and don't make the same mistake twice. At the same time, examine yourself thoroughly to determine if you are a gullible person or not, and then decide to be more discerning. Too many Christians are way too gullible, but the Holy Bible is full of instructions to make one wise. Study the Proverbs.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
That's not true. You can choose to be happy.