Down

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jimngreene
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jimngreene

Guest
I am a Christian who has really drifted away from God. I am so lonely and down. I used to be a deacon in my church was very active and loved the Lord. I began to let the work have control of thigs and take my focus off of Christ. Now I don't want to go to chruch, I am unhappy and getting farther and farther from God. I am miseriable ashamed and desperate. I so wan to return to where I was but can not seam to break this hold the world has on me. Please pray for me. Any advice would be appreciated.
 
Hi, no need to feel shame or anything. For the blood of Christ has been applied and takes that stuff away. Delight in the Lord, and rejoice for He has NEVER left of forsaken you. Pray and ask that He helps you draw back into Him and everything, it shall be done, He said whatsoever we ask of the Father in the name of the Son it shall be done. Believe though, we MUST believe and have faith. I'll pray for you, sorry I don't have the right words as of now. There's a lot going on in this world, and in everyone's life so it's hard to speak the right words. But may you be comforted through all that you're going through. God bless you brother!
 
Thank You and God Bless. You said what God wanted you to. I know this but I need to have a brother or sister who I can lean on a little.
Thanks Again
 
Well, I'm not the best by any means I suppose, or the worst. I'm always here if you need anything. I'll do my best to be there. First lean on God, then lean on others. If you need someone to lean on, I'm here. :)
 
I am a Christian who has really drifted away from God. I am so lonely and down. I used to be a deacon in my church was very active and loved the Lord. I began to let the work have control of thigs and take my focus off of Christ. Now I don't want to go to chruch, I am unhappy and getting farther and farther from God. I am miseriable ashamed and desperate. I so wan to return to where I was but can not seam to break this hold the world has on me. Please pray for me. Any advice would be appreciated.

Maybe first you should try to get close to the Lord. Forget the rest of the stuff—it isn’t important.

The Lord will then lead you where he wants you to go.

I love my church—don’t know what I would do without it—but I only serve to the extent that I can do so comfortably.

I don’t know if that is good advice, but it’s always fun to give advice. I hope you find an answer soon.