Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and the Civil Rights of the Unborn:

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
As we approach the sanctity of life day this coming Sunday and Dr Martin Luther King Jr day this coming Monday. I recently read a letter by Martin Luther Kings Niece related to abortion. Sadly abortion has murdered more African Americans than any other act of violence or disease.

On average, 1,876 black babies are aborted every day in the United States.

This incidence of abortion has resulted in a tremendous loss of life. It has been estimated that since 1973 Black women have had about 16 million abortions. Michael Novak had calculated "Since the number of current living Blacks (in the U.S.) is 36 million, the missing 16 million represents an enormous loss, for without abortion, America's Black community would now number 52 million persons. It would be 36 percent larger than it is. Abortion has swept through the Black community like a scythe, cutting down every fourth member."

But here is the letter below in historical context so some words may be sensitive to people who lived through that time period of true racism and hostility.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and the Civil Rights of the Unborn:

“The Negro cannot win if he is willing to sacrifice the futures of his children for immediate personal comfort and safety. Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. 1929-1968

“I say today that we as Christians must press on, in the conviction that we are "a colony of heaven," called to obey God rather than man. Small in number, we must remain big in commitment. We must be too God intoxicated to be "astronomically intimidated." By our effort and example may God use us, as imperfect vessels that we are, to bring an end to such ancient evils as infanticide, abortion, racism and oppression.” Dr. Alveda C. King reflections on Letter from a Birmingham Jail

In 1939, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood outlined her plan to eliminate the Black community: “The most successful, educational appeal to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their rebellious members.”

Dr. King was among a select group of Negro leaders, hand picked to promote a seemingly beneficial plan to promote healthy family planning. It was a plan of wolf in sheep’s clothing, and Trojan Horse proportions. Dr. King, a man of love, peace, non-violence and strong Christian faith would be assassinated before the truth of the Planned Parenthood map for genocide would be made public after the passage of Roe VS Wade. The abortion agenda is in direct conflict with the teachings of Dr. King.

In 1966, Martin Luther King, Jr., a non-violent supporter of natural family planning, was offered the Planned Parenthood Margaret Sanger Award. In the acceptance speech, delivered by Mrs. Coretta Scott King, because Dr. King didn’t attend the ceremony, Mrs. King points to the benefits of family planning among Negro families and the “kinship” between the civil rights movement and Margaret Sanger’s early efforts. This speech did not include the word abortion. There is much speculation regarding who the real author of the speech was. During her lifetime, Mrs. King, unlike her husband, supported abortion and a more liberal view on marriage and human sexuality. "

As Dr. King’s niece, I too once accepted the lies of Planned Parenthood until the truth of the violence of abortion was revealed to me. If Planned Parenthood had announced that over 50 million babies would be aborted in the onslaught of their agenda, I would never have aborted a child. Dr. King would never have agreed with the violent violation of the civil rights of the millions of aborted babies, and Planned Parenthood’s subsequent blitz of women’s health problems related to chemical and artificial birth control methods. This conclusion leads me to remind my readers that I too have a dream, it’s in my genes. How can the dream survive if we murder the children?

-Dr. Alveda C. King, pastoral associate with Priests for Life, is a mother, grandmother, ordained minister, author and artistic producer.

The_Question_Graph.jpg martin-luther-king.jpg

May 6, 2014
Abortion is such a terrible thing.
I think that some people don't consider it so bad, not such a big deal, because the unborn aren't immediately visible by their own eyes. Just something inside the mother's belly, or a moving thing on an ultrasound screen.
It reminds me of the struggle of faith, of belief in something that we can't see.

I've learned how horrific abortion truly is by listening to Abby Johnson, among others. In a way, I wish I could go back to ignorance, because their words of what they had witnessed haunt me. But at least now I have the knowledge with which to rebuke any who try to justify abortion.

Edited to add:
It is not known to most, but aborted fetuses have been used in the production of many vaccines. I encourage you to do your own research.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
I think that some people don't consider it so bad, not such a big deal, because the unborn aren't immediately visible by their own eyes. Just something inside the mother's belly, or a moving thing on an ultrasound screen.
It reminds me of the struggle of faith, of belief in something that we can't see.

I've learned how horrific abortion truly is by listening to Abby Johnson, among others. In a way, I wish I could go back to ignorance, because their words of what they had witnessed haunt me. But at least now I have the knowledge with which to rebuke any who try to justify abortion.

Edited to add:
It is not known to most, but aborted fetuses have been used in the production of many vaccines. I encourage you to do your own research.
Abortion shows the true disregard for human life. It’s become so politicized a lot people don’t know the true horror that it is, nor do they care.

People pray for a rejuvenation of this country. They hope there will be a “Great awakening”. I unfortunately do not see that happening. When you have millions who think that tearing apart a baby in the womb is a fundamental right and will not be swayed, I cannot see God having mercy on us.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016

Edited to add:
It is quite amazing that in comparison within biology that a scientist looking through a microscope if they would see a wiggling micro organism it is non debatable alive. But yet in the womb the child isnt in their opinion alive or deserving the lawful protection of personhood.

Or try to promote it as the method to save the planet by less humans. And tell the science proves climate change and we need to limit our offspring.

I say do not lecture me on science when science speaks on only 2 genders, life begins at conception, that the universe had a creator, that sexual immorality period as in rampant no strings attached sex, homosexuality, transgenderism, and adultry is statistically and medically very harmful for society including the individual. That science evidently and very clearly doesn't show we evolved from primordial soup and eventually a chimp. That in the science of probability proclaims the glory of Jesus Christ in realm of fulfilled prophecy. The sciences of math that proclaim a universal creation language with every design having a mathematical formula as if programmed by a programmer. That our laws of physics, logic, morality, nature all prove that a metaphysical realm exists meaning that no we do not only have a natural or materialistic world. That our own cells are more complex than anything man has ever created. That our DNA holds a coded language and by all experiences we have never seen language come from non intelligence and or arise from random chance like throwing a new box of alphabet letters on the floor and expecting to see even the most simple sentence A dog ran. And the DNA holds more information than all the encyclopedias in the world.

So these foolish people do not live in reality. Our reality testifies of God and that His Word is true. It just hurts my brain trying to debate these people when ultimately they do not care about science but evidently are just worshipping self with only selfish desires in mind.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Abortion shows the true disregard for human life. It’s become so politicized a lot people don’t know the true horror that it is, nor do they care.

People pray for a rejuvenation of this country. They hope there will be a “Great awakening”. I unfortunately do not see that happening. When you have millions who think that tearing apart a baby in the womb is a fundamental right and will not be swayed, I cannot see God having mercy on us.
Well this is one area actually changing as many polls are showing that the new generations are more pro life than past generations. They believed it is due to technology like the 2d ultrasound, 3d ultrasound, and advancement in technology like our ability to view every step of conception within the womb and truths like when the heart beat begins or when the unborn feels pain.

Every year the pro life marches are swelling with young folks more than past decades. We are extremely close to overturning ROE V WADE and have closed down so many abortion clinics where women are now complaining how hard it is to get a abortion as they often have to travel just to find a clinic.

So idk I believe the culture is atleast swaying away from abortion as a amoral action comparable to birth control like the condom or birth control pills.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
Well this is one area actually changing as many polls are showing that the new generations are more pro life than past generations. They believed it is due to technology like the 2d ultrasound, 3d ultrasound, and advancement in technology like our ability to view every step of conception within the womb and truths like when the heart beat begins or when the unborn feels pain.

Every year the pro life marches are swelling with young folks more than past decades. We are extremely close to overturning ROE V WADE and have closed down so many abortion clinics where women are now complaining how hard it is to get a abortion as they often have to travel just to find a clinic.

So idk I believe the culture is atleast swaying away from abortion as a amoral action comparable to birth control like the condom or birth control pills.
I certainly believe that hearts and minds are changing. With advances in medical technology as you had alluded to gives people a better perspective of the over all physiological aspects of a pregnancy.

With that said, there is still a large and well funded movement to keep abortion as a so called civil right. This narrative is being pushed in public schools, local, state, and federal governments, entertainment, and to an extent the scientific fields.

The horrific truth is the U.S. has created the most effective human disposal method ever know to man. I have heard that 50-60 million abortions since 1973. Of course the depends on whom is providing those statistics. I think the true number is unknown.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I certainly believe that hearts and minds are changing. With advances in medical technology as you had alluded to gives people a better perspective of the over all physiological aspects of a pregnancy.

With that said, there is still a large and well funded movement to keep abortion as a so called civil right. This narrative is being pushed in public schools, local, state, and federal governments, entertainment, and to an extent the scientific fields.

The horrific truth is the U.S. has created the most effective human disposal method ever know to man. I have heard that 50-60 million abortions since 1973. Of course the depends on whom is providing those statistics. I think the true number is unknown.
I agree except the US didn't create it but infanticide has been around since the beginning of human civilizations and pagan worship. And has been a prime method of family planning in China far longer than the US.

But still I agree the numbers are absolutely disheartening and disgusting. The narrative may being pushed and funded but it is constantly and progressively being pushed against as more and more pro life legislation is passed, abortion gets more red tape and very hard to get, and funds are being cut in both the federal and local governments. As for media they are losing ground due to internet and kids now are more into things like YouTube, streaming and gaming apps. In which easily gives people access to other opinions than just the media. As for me I do not see much in the scientific field because it isn't debatable. It's best if they deflect on science and just remain in the morality of the issue. Science easily debunks their arguments.

So call me a glass half full thinker in this area but I see a positive movement.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Its weird to see abortions on one hand and then people paying thousands to have IVF on the other. I dont think its to do with race. Or could it be?

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
Its weird to see abortions on one hand and then people paying thousands to have IVF on the other. I dont think its to do with race. Or could it be?
All one has to do is trace the origins of abortion and birth control in this country back to Margaret Sanger: Eugenics Advocate and well known Racist. Yeah, a lot does have to do with race.