The Christian life isn't an easy journey.
Or is it?
Could life be made simpler by simply obeying?
Yes our flesh is corrupt, but the Spirit is willing.
- - - - -
I sit and reflect on my decisions and where I am today, and I feel out. I seek God in prayer, and I feel some movement, but I still feel out. I wish the tears would come. A cleansing.
I know living according to God's will is what brings life, but when will I learn to forsake the foolishness and live?
Maybe I am too hard on myself, or maybe the weight of knowing that the path to life is narrow and hard demands it. Yes, there is grace, but I shouldn't make that a reason to sin.
There are so many decisions to make, so much going on. Sometimes it is overwhelming. But as I focus again on Jesus, I have no worries.
I reflect on seasons - peaks and valleys. Sometimes I wish it was just peak to peak to peak. But perhaps with each valley comes a new understanding of God and His grace for us. I don't know that I'll understand it completely as I'm in it.
Take my eyes away from the worthless things, and help me to stand strong in what is True.
Or is it?
Could life be made simpler by simply obeying?
Yes our flesh is corrupt, but the Spirit is willing.
- - - - -
I sit and reflect on my decisions and where I am today, and I feel out. I seek God in prayer, and I feel some movement, but I still feel out. I wish the tears would come. A cleansing.
I know living according to God's will is what brings life, but when will I learn to forsake the foolishness and live?
Maybe I am too hard on myself, or maybe the weight of knowing that the path to life is narrow and hard demands it. Yes, there is grace, but I shouldn't make that a reason to sin.
There are so many decisions to make, so much going on. Sometimes it is overwhelming. But as I focus again on Jesus, I have no worries.
I'm just not feeling too great today and having a hard time returning to our Father.
I reflect on seasons - peaks and valleys. Sometimes I wish it was just peak to peak to peak. But perhaps with each valley comes a new understanding of God and His grace for us. I don't know that I'll understand it completely as I'm in it.
Take my eyes away from the worthless things, and help me to stand strong in what is True.