As the title alludes to, has God called us to be dreamers or to have faith in Him?
It seems like everywhere you turn in the modern church you hear things like: "I just don't think you're dreaming big enough"; "Get around people who have a dream"; "You have a God-given dream and a purpose to fulfill"; "See, I believe God has a dream for everyone of us"; "I want to speak into your dream, whatever it is"; "Dream dreams for God"; "Teamwork makes God's dream work!"; and, "Before our dream has a chance to live, we've already killed it."
These are actual quotes from some well-known modern preachers and one advertisement hawking merchandise.
It got me wondering. It seems to me I died with Christ in baptism. Paul said in Philippians 3:8: "More than that I also consider all things to be loss, on account of the surpassing worth of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have sustained the loss of all things, and I consider them to be rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ. . ."
The great commission says: "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
I don't see anything here about dreaming big dreams or having a God-given dream. It says, "teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you."
Is all this dream stuff just another way of telling people what they want to hear to sell books and other material; and to get them to your church so they will pay you to tell them how to accomplish their "dream?"
Notice the next to last quote above says, "whatever it is." Can't let any dream be excluded. Gotta keep those numbers up. 
It seems like everywhere you turn in the modern church you hear things like: "I just don't think you're dreaming big enough"; "Get around people who have a dream"; "You have a God-given dream and a purpose to fulfill"; "See, I believe God has a dream for everyone of us"; "I want to speak into your dream, whatever it is"; "Dream dreams for God"; "Teamwork makes God's dream work!"; and, "Before our dream has a chance to live, we've already killed it."
These are actual quotes from some well-known modern preachers and one advertisement hawking merchandise.
It got me wondering. It seems to me I died with Christ in baptism. Paul said in Philippians 3:8: "More than that I also consider all things to be loss, on account of the surpassing worth of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have sustained the loss of all things, and I consider them to be rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ. . ."
The great commission says: "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
I don't see anything here about dreaming big dreams or having a God-given dream. It says, "teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you."
Is all this dream stuff just another way of telling people what they want to hear to sell books and other material; and to get them to your church so they will pay you to tell them how to accomplish their "dream?"