T
TemporaryCircumstances
Guest
Im wondering if anyone else has this problem. For about two years I have dreams, some that scare me half to death other that just bring tears to my eyes. I know why I have them. I am "processing" the events because I do not let my mind process them while awake. These dreams have actually caused me to avoid sleep, and after I wake up every noise or movement startles me. I react harshly to every touch that I am not aware of. Some of the dreams will be like flashbacks of my father's abusive behavior, some will be of when my friend ended her life, some will be of flashbacks to when I was sexually assaulted. Many think I over react to these dreams. They are just dreams... right? But they take their toll on me. Big time and sometimes they aren't even dreams. Sometimes I will just close my eyes and a sharp feeling of fear will rush over me and I lose control and kick whoever I thought was there off of me; tho a few seconds or minutes later I come to the realization it was just a stupid mind trick. That im safe now. Maybe I'm over reacting but fear is a stronger emotion than you would first think of. We have tried everything. A sleep therapist a grief councelor to get me to process what I've kept hidden, we've tried asking a series of questions to remind me that I'm safe... we have tried me doing something calming before rest. We've tried sleeping on different surfaces. None of it works. Everyone has seemed to either give up or they have ran out of ideas. Pleaseee tell me, am I the only person with this problem?? Am I stuck with being beyond scared to go to sleep for the fear of what the darkness will pull me in this night?...