Drugs and Alcohol. Help!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sasha_L

Hey all you beautiful people. <3

My aunt has struggled with alcohol from an early age, she has now started using drugs too. She has a wonderful and loving husband and two beautiful daughters. (The one is 3, the other 5) She has been using drugs for a while now, I don't know how long, but the family found out about this in the middle of last year. Her husband wants her to get clean as her habits are causing them to be unable to support the kids.

She wants to get clean as well, but she is struggling so much. I can see that this is slowly tearing the family apart as all of them didn't even want to get together for Christmas (something we have always done).

Because we are from a religious family I went to go see a priest with her. She admitted that she has turned away from God and that she feels like an empty vessel. The priest said that he thinks she is possessed by a water spirit and that that she might have a gun to her head in 3 months if she doesn't make drastic changes.

I would really appreciate it if all you wonderful people could pray for her to have the strength to be clean and also for our family to have peace and love in their hearts and help my aunt. Prayers for her to find God again and defeat this spirit with his help would also really help. I know all things are possible through Him, so I know He can help her.

I also don't know what a water spirit is and don't know anything about it. If someone could shed some light on this I would also appreciate it very much. Advice on how to help my aunt would also be great.

Thank you all for your prayers.

Dec 1, 2014
The bottom line is: Satan has your aunt fooled and has used this to take over her mind and body. A priest is NO good unless he, guided by the power of the Holy Spirit, can make that evil spirit within her to FLEE...and that can easily be done but only in the name of JESUS. Very few mainline denominations today practice casting out demons. She would benefit from a detox center, however, it is only temporary. What she needs is an 'old time' religion experience, as in the new testament first century church, where healings and deliverances took place daily. Yes, JESUS is still casting out demons and producing miracles to those who believe an walk in HIs spirit. Each child of GOD who truely takes on the Word of GOD, and truely believes in healings, would be able to simply lay hands on her and pray. That 'water spirit" which is simply one of satan's ploys and another name for an demonic obsession, has no choice but to flee from her, in the name of JESUS because 'greater is HE (Christ) that is in you than he (satan) that is in the world.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
A water spirit? :confused: That pastor sounds like a quack.. What your aunt needs is rehab, professional help and LOTS of support from her family, friends and God. Don't be fooled, drug addiction and alcoholism are NOT demonic, they are DISEASES. Demons did not create diseases. With God's strength, your aunt WILL overcome these addictions. :)

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Lifting your aunt up in prayer to the Lord.

Praying-Hands-over-Bible.jpg

Dec 1, 2014
GOD never invented diseases. What GOD made was pronouced as "GOOD" by GOD Himself. Death, diseases, and much more took place as a result of sin being introduced into the perfect world that GOD had created. Yes, we live in the aftermath of SIN, which means that man's days are numbered and we do contract ailments, whether by exposure, choice, or even inheriting certain illnesses and susceptibilities. This does not mean we as CHRISTIANS do not have the saving, cleansing, healing power of jESUS available. We do have the touch of the Great Physician at our disposal. Common sense tells us to take a cough drop when we cough, etc. however, I Find myself giving it over to CHRIST initially and letting HIM touch and heal, according to His will. Yes, at times, my healings have been immediate and some over a day or so...but faith does play a huge part. Sometimes, it takes an intercessor or more to bring someone into a healing mentality, even when the one who needs healing has NO faith at all. "WITH GOD's strength" is kinda lame if one does not conclude that GOD's will is that NONE perish and that HE can heal and deliver IMMEDIATELY!

eternallife7

May 19, 2015

My aunt has struggled with alcohol from an early age, she has now started using drugs too. She has a wonderful and loving husband and two beautiful daughters. (The one is 3, the other 5) She has been using drugs for a while now, I don't know how long, but the family found out about this in the middle of last year. Her husband wants her to get clean as her habits are causing them to be unable to support the kids.

She wants to get clean as well, but she is struggling so much. I can see that this is slowly tearing the family apart as all of them didn't even want to get together for Christmas (something we have always done).

Because we are from a religious family I went to go see a priest with her. She admitted that she has turned away from God and that she feels like an empty vessel. The priest said that he thinks she is possessed by a water spirit and that that she might have a gun to her head in 3 months if she doesn't make drastic changes.

I would really appreciate it if all you wonderful people could pray for her to have the strength to be clean and also for our family to have peace and love in their hearts and help my aunt. Prayers for her to find God again and defeat this spirit with his help would also really help. I know all things are possible through Him, so I know He can help her.

I also don't know what a water spirit is and don't know anything about it. If someone could shed some light on this I would also appreciate it very much. Advice on how to help my aunt would also be great.

i went in and out of rehabs aa and na meetings and the only thing that helped was picking up scripture and reading it until I understood what God was saying to me. When I was still under a gaurdian as Galatians puts it I did relapse a few times, however, after I casted out the bond servant (the coveant made from Mount Siani the OT. I have found that love is the greatest substance of all!

eternallife7

May 19, 2015

i went in and out of rehabs aa and na meetings and the only thing that helped was picking up scripture and reading it until I understood what God was saying to me. When I was still under a gaurdian as Galatians puts it I did relapse a few times, however, after I casted out the bond servant (the coveant made from Mount Siani the OT.) I have found that love is the greatest substance of all!

D

Depleted

A water spirit is something that priest invented or heard about and uses. Any which way, no such thing. So, my advice is avoid that priest and get her some rehab. If your family can't afford in-patient rehab, then out-patient. If there is no such place around, than she needs to find AA and NA. Frankly, if we addicts (and ex-addicts) knew how to function without getting high, we wouldn't have ever started. We need to learn and folks who have never gone there have no idea what we need to learn. Guaranteed what that is we can't even imagine without help. So, if your aunt can muscle through this, that's from another flaw in her that she needs to unlearn.

But, seriously, that priest is worse than useless. He's full of lies and fantasies, at best. At worse, he's scamming your family.

D

Depleted

The bottom line is: Satan has your aunt fooled and has used this to take over her mind and body. A priest is NO good unless he, guided by the power of the Holy Spirit, can make that evil spirit within her to FLEE...and that can easily be done but only in the name of JESUS. Very few mainline denominations today practice casting out demons. She would benefit from a detox center, however, it is only temporary. What she needs is an 'old time' religion experience, as in the new testament first century church, where healings and deliverances took place daily. Yes, JESUS is still casting out demons and producing miracles to those who believe an walk in HIs spirit. Each child of GOD who truely takes on the Word of GOD, and truely believes in healings, would be able to simply lay hands on her and pray. That 'water spirit" which is simply one of satan's ploys and another name for an demonic obsession, has no choice but to flee from her, in the name of JESUS because 'greater is HE (Christ) that is in you than he (satan) that is in the world.
Yeah, and this is why denominations avoid "demon" talk. Because someone an ocean away thinks he knows a demon by a second hand story online.

Real bottom line? We're born sinners, therefore we sin, until God steps in. And it's questionable if God stepped in whenever someone uses the excuse, "The devil made her do it."

Addiction is a mental health issue, not "The devil made me do it" issues.

S

skylove7

Lifting your aunt in prayer
God loves her....
But God is not going to come down and yank the bottle or drug out of her hand
She needs much encouragement, rehab and love too

Recovery is not an easy road for people
But love and encouragement is far better than putting her down, for everyone falls short the glory of God
It's not our sins of past that carries us, its the love of Jesus

God bless you for loving her
Amen

D

Depleted

GOD never invented diseases. What GOD made was pronouced as "GOOD" by GOD Himself. Death, diseases, and much more took place as a result of sin being introduced into the perfect world that GOD had created. Yes, we live in the aftermath of SIN, which means that man's days are numbered and we do contract ailments, whether by exposure, choice, or even inheriting certain illnesses and susceptibilities. This does not mean we as CHRISTIANS do not have the saving, cleansing, healing power of jESUS available. We do have the touch of the Great Physician at our disposal. Common sense tells us to take a cough drop when we cough, etc. however, I Find myself giving it over to CHRIST initially and letting HIM touch and heal, according to His will. Yes, at times, my healings have been immediate and some over a day or so...but faith does play a huge part. Sometimes, it takes an intercessor or more to bring someone into a healing mentality, even when the one who needs healing has NO faith at all. "WITH GOD's strength" is kinda lame if one does not conclude that GOD's will is that NONE perish and that HE can heal and deliver IMMEDIATELY!
God never invented diseases? I always wondered how 3 million Israelites entertained themselves in the wilderness for 40 years. Now I know they could have used you as the funny man. I'm sure your bit wouldn't have been quite as funny after that plague God causes, or the opening of the ground, or the fiery snakes, but yo, God doesn't invent diseases. (Who else is a creator, since you're pretending God isn't the only one?)

W

wwjd_kilden

Prayed

Stay away from that pries
Do pray for her, just don't listen to people who make up excuses (like demons) for things
Jesus didn't cast out demons from the woman with the bleedings, from the men with leprosy, from the sick and the blind,
he healed them. Not all that happens of bad stuff in this world is because of demonic influence.

She needs rehab and support, as others have said.

I

iveseenworse

prayers for your aunt, strength to seek help and overcome this addiction. prayer for people to love and support her and her family.

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
Philippians 4:6 …Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. 6Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

S

sydlit

Start with prayer, end with praise.
In between,
stop drinking down the booze,
start drinking up the bible.
'Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after
righteousness; for they shall be filled.'
----------------------Matt. 5:6-------
Jesus loves you!

mochi

May 26, 2015
Praying for your Aunt :)

student

Jul 20, 2010
Dear Father God,

I lift up this family to you to heal from this and become whole in Christ, knowing the truth that will set them free. Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life. (John 14:6) No man comes to the Father except through Him. I pray they learn these sacred and honored, biblical truths and their eyes are opened. Teach them to trust in You as only the Holy Spirit can. Pursue Sasha's aunt relentlessly to let her know how very much You love and care for her. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Start with prayer, end with praise.
In between,
stop drinking down the booze,
start drinking up the bible.
'Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after
righteousness; for they shall be filled.'
----------------------Matt. 5:6-------
Jesus loves you!

The OP isn't the one "drinking down the booze", her AUNT is..

D

danny21215

your aunt will never be free if she does not honestly want it for herself. We can not pray for God to make her do anything because God does not violate anyone's free will.. In regard to water spirit ..they are called Marine spirits...there is usually some reason behind a person turning to drugs and alcohol and being free means cutting out the initial reason that made her feel the need to turn to those things in the first place. She has to be willing to face and kick those demons out of her life by understanding that she can be free. She invited them in so now they have to be cast out..Spiritual warfare is serious business. I am a deliverance counselor and work to help those who are in torment by devils...These spirits are now destroying her marriage.. The devil hates marriage and this is why we need to fight for her ..its a downward spiral..She has to take her mind and her will back.. The enemy cannot attack a person without his or consent ..and that goes for the saved and the unsaved. If you would like help contact me at [email protected]