Dumb and Dumber

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Godsgirl83

Everyday I see more and more firsthand how media twist things or spreads info without getting all the facts or, if having the facts, omits them......

what happened is the owner had a store that was looted in Minnesota after the George Floyd riots.
The Kenosha store was questioned about being concerned when Kenosha riots/protest begun to take place. Since the topic was brought up to him the owner decided to be proactive and do something positive for the community.
"looting" is by far a poor word choice to describe this. (Perhaps they thought it would get them some attention? :unsure: )

They invited the community to stop in store with suggestions or reach out through email/social media as to places they could donate the current inventory that was on shelf that night. So, instead of merchandise being stolen in looting they plan to donate the merchandise on shelf that night to charitable organizations in the area.
There was over 5,000 responses and they are now going through them making choices on where to donate.

Penzey has about a dozen stores in Wisconsin.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/mone...ot-kenosha-store-support-protests/5655874002/

Civic Center Park ( where the riots and protest mostly took place, and the neighborhoods affected by this domestic terrorism) is nearly 7.5 miles away from Penzey's, and an almost 20 minute drive across town.

sherryt

Jul 26, 2019
K

kaylagrl

Everyday I see more and more firsthand how media twist things or spreads info without getting all the facts or, if having the facts, omits them......

what happened is the owner had a store that was looted in Minnesota after the George Floyd riots.
The Kenosha store was questioned about being concerned when Kenosha riots/protest begun to take place. Since the topic was brought up to him the owner decided to be proactive and do something positive for the community.
"looting" is by far a poor word choice to describe this. (Perhaps they thought it would get them some attention? :unsure: )

They invited the community to stop in store with suggestions or reach out through email/social media as to places they could donate the current inventory that was on shelf that night. So, instead of merchandise being stolen in looting they plan to donate the merchandise on shelf that night to charitable organizations in the area.
There was over 5,000 responses and they are now going through them making choices on where to donate.

Penzey has about a dozen stores in Wisconsin.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/mone...ot-kenosha-store-support-protests/5655874002/

Civic Center Park ( where the riots and protest mostly took place, and the neighborhoods affected by this domestic terrorism) is nearly 7.5 miles away from Penzey's, and an almost 20 minute drive across town.

You can never tell with the news anymore. My understanding is someone wrote to the store owner, who supports the protests, (the ones that get violent at night) wouldn't support them if it was his store that was being looted. He said he would feel the same then came up with the idea to "loot" his own store.

He said "“When I asked around: ‘What if we looted our own store?’ What if we took a snapshot of our Kenosha store’s inventory tonight and simply gave away exactly that amount of inventory in the coming weeks?”

“If sweeping up some glass and replacing a couple windows is a piece of everybody realizing the costs of racism-fueled police violence towards minorities is no longer affordable, then so be it".

While I'm glad he gave to good causes, I disagree with what he's saying. Many people lost their entire business, coming out of Covid only to find their business destroyed. Kind of on the fence with this one.

G

Godsgirl83

While I'm glad he gave to good causes, I disagree with what he's saying. Many people lost their entire business, coming out of Covid only to find their business destroyed. Kind of on the fence with this one.
yeah, I agree.

I'm left wondering what his response would've been if his Minneapolis store had been burnt down rather than just looted.......
and what would his reaction be if it actually were a small, hometown business with just the one shop and no other?

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Just when I thought it wasn't possible for people to get any more stupid, some idiot proves me wrong. This moron "looted" his OWN business. I'm at a loss of words to say how stunned this is. Unreal.

https://www.simplemost.com/penzeys-...MbUSGt70L8XvvkQHKcckfYh-jXJLX0JdgP-rDr4K5C6NU
I truly believe that liberals, especially those who hate the president are under some type of demonic influence. They reject facts and won't listen to logic. They also dislike or even hate christians.

2 Timothy 3:1-4 NIV says:

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
Um, actually, the article doesn't say the store owner looted his own store as a moron would do. He symbolically thought to loot one store, and the article explains why. When in reality one of his other stores was actually looted by others.
I think the word, looting, is what is causing the confusion. It was a symbolic act of looting. And Mr. Penzey explains his motivation in the article.
The following excerpt if from the single sentence below to the end of the article. It is not cut up so as to lose context.

What’s more, the lootings gave him a novel idea.

“My mind went to that idea that we would feel differently if it was our store that was looted,” he wrote. “When I asked around: ‘What if we looted our own store?’ What if we took a snapshot of our Kenosha store’s inventory tonight and simply gave away exactly that amount of inventory in the coming weeks?”

“What if we just gave our spices and seasonings to food pantries and gift boxes to organizations trying to raise money to fund change?” the letter continued.

Everyone he asked — including his mom — said he should do it, and he invited customers in the Kenosha area to offer suggestions for where the store items should go.

In this situation, Penzey is symbolically “looting” his own store, but back in May, one of his stores actually was affected by looting in the aftermath of the killing of George Floyd. Twitter user @tompkins4881 posted a photo of the murals painted on the boarded-up Minneapolis store after it had been damaged.

The mural A New Hope by @AntonsArtworks at Penzeys Uptown Minneapolis #StreetArt #mural pic.twitter.com/EmomkqXupD
— Kenneth G Tompkins (@tompkins4881) June 14, 2020

“If sweeping up some glass and replacing a couple windows is a piece of everybody realizing the costs of racism-fueled police violence towards minorities is no longer affordable, then so be it,” Penzey wrote in an email to customers after the Minneapolis store had suffered property damage and looting.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
weird.
With books its easy, you just lend them out and when youve read them you return them back.
If people looted the library I would say hooray the books are going out and possibly being read!!! Rather than sitting on shelves collecting dust.

I guess depends in what you mean by 'looting'. If youve got a library card you can loot up to 50 books from the public library. Return them and you can loot another 50. Its win win.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Gotta' be careful on that point. Not only would it be fraud but a lot of property policies specifically exclude coverage for loss due to riot war or civil commotion.

For the cause of Christ
Roger