Earthly or Heavenly wisdom?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cayosura
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

cayosura

Guest
[h=3]James 3:13-18[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]13 [/SUP]Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

______________________________________________________________________

i have this as my devotion today after work. After reading this verses, I felt that I've failed the Lord in this area so many times. I kept using the world's wisdom to think about things, especially lately, no wonder I'm caught up so stress and tired due to using "earthly wisdom" .

so i guess i really need to change my lifestyle in this area. I need to think about God's reaction towards my action. i would love to display more characteristics of heavenly wisdom. Proly I'm sowing earthly wisdom..do not reap much things...and tear us all down sooner or later.

I'm thankful for today's word. It helped me keep in check. I haven't been in touch much with quiet time daily lately. Pray that God will help me do it frequently.

I'm heading to serve in a mission trip soon. Needing many prayers.